Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryan Tubridy radio show thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

History history history

• Registered Users Posts: 72,656 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Has the baby just heard tonight’s LLS line-up? :pac: :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭plodder

Has the baby just heard tonight’s LLS line-up? :pac: :D
    well whatever he or she was hearing, she didn't like ..

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Toy Show mention in less than 30seconds. A record?

Books!

• Advertisement

I'm out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

"Things are crazy today, there will be loads and loads of kids in RTE for the Late Late Show auditions".

I hope somebody has had the good sense to make sure that that RTE sports producer is not collecting his P45 today.

Toy Show mention in less than 30seconds. A record?

No.

Kind

Mindless ramblings

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,629 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

He's was wearing a Xmas jumper in the Facebook live feed just before the show started.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,154 ✭✭✭mistersifter

"If you like creepy weirdness go to see Joker"

Or else just tune in to RTE Radio 1 weekday mornings at 9.

Why not encourage RTE not to give 6 figure gifts to mediocre presenters when they can't even balance the books.

He loves the "I stopped to speak to a homeless person" story.

Just to remind you how kind he is.

One of the biggest corporations in the world.

Is that the one he ran over to a couple of years ago to offer a LLS prize for a family worth something like 20k for a holiday? And he was fawning all over Disney then.

RTE have you covered from all angles.

When you live in your house, Ray D'arcy will call in with the cameras and send you searching for a torch and inflatable shoes. When you get kicked out of your house, Tubridy will visit you on the street with a cup of metaphorical soup. And when you die, Joe Duffy will write about book about how "unfortunate" your life was and promote it on Liveline.

Is there any subject he can't find a Trump angle on?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

I know I'm asking for trouble looking at the mirror website but maybe someone more familiar with the industry could shed some light on something.

There are 3 'articles' in a row on the site featuring 3 presenters -McGuire, Tubridy and Gerry Ryan (but really about lottie). About being bullied, kindness on the toyshow and pep talks respectively. Like maybe its coincidence but could this be a conserted effort to place these articles for some reason, could they have the same agent? Or maybe rte pay for this? Or maybe I'm just reading too much into a coincidence.

PieOhMy wrote: »
    I know I'm asking for trouble looking at the mirror website but maybe someone more familiar with the industry could shed some light on something.

There are 3 'articles' in a row on the site featuring 3 presenters -McGuire, Tubridy and Gerry Ryan (but really about lottie). About being bullied, kindness on the toyshow and pep talks respectively. Like maybe its coincidence but could this be a conserted effort to place these articles for some reason, could they have the same agent? Or maybe rte pay for this? Or maybe I'm just reading too much into a coincidence.

Tubs and Lottie are, and Gerry was represented by NKManagement.....as well as half of the rest of RTÉ. I don’t know if Jen is too and I’m not looking as I’m
    embarrassed and ashamed for knowing the first 3 are!

Go to the NKManagement to read the “auld guff” for yourself. Last time I read Mr. Joseph Duffy’s it was particularly amusing....so to speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

Tubs and Lottie are, and Gerry was represented by NKManagement.....as well as half of the rest of RTÉ. I don’t know if Jen is too and I’m not looking as I’m
    embarrassed and ashamed for knowing the first 3 are!

Go to the NKManagement to read the “auld guff” for yourself. Last time I read Mr. Joseph Duffy’s it was particularly amusing....so to speak.

Thanks - maybe they got a 2 for 1 deal with that rag, who knows. It seems that they go in waves, there was a while there Katheryn Thomas was a fixture but not a beep at the moment, McGuire is getting plenty of inches tho. Also a few articles about the next late late show host being female.

That agency have some amount of people on their books from all stations. Must be a slick operation. I had a look at Duffy's bio but had to put the phone down when I read 'Aspirations for a better life were rarely encouraged in Ballyfermot'.

• Advertisement

Any names for the next LLS presenter?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

In less than 30 seconds, intrigued, Beatles, kindness.

Beatles
    Kindness
    School reference to the dail

+ intriguing.

2 mins in.

Turkish Delight
    He'd rot your sh1te.

Jigsaw.

Bonkers story of the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

I feel like I'm in a parallel universe. 20 minutes of talking pure shyte, that's 33% devoted to nothing. Half a mill !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

I listen to a fair bit of radio but very rarely hear more than a few words of Ryan's blather. You'd have to be stuck in a waiting room or somewhere like that where there's no choice but to hear him waffle on.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

What does a "secretary of state " hair look like ?. A subtle reference to Hillary methinks.

• Advertisement

Tubridy desperately trying to cut to the chase - 'Tell us what happened at the darker end of the spectrum'

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement