Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryan Tubridy radio show thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

It's worse than listening to to drunks at the end of the bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭applehunter

Who is this degenerate?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Uncharted

Who is this degenerate?

Ryan Tubridy is his name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

I think if he was straight and got an infection/disease through living a loose promiscuous life, Tubridy's tone would be far more judgmental.

I think if he was straight and got an infection/disease through living a loose promiscuous life, Tubridy's tone would be far more judgmental.

In that case he wouldn't have a story to peddle .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,154 ✭✭✭mistersifter

Tubridy's repeated non-questions about the marriage referendum didn't inspire the desired long winded answer about how great Ireland is.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

NIMAN wrote: »
    Any names for the next LLS presenter?

5 screen tested to take over from tiernan who is taking over from d'arcy on Saturday night. There was 5 pictures of the usual suspects plus suprisingly garrihy.

PieOhMy wrote: »
    5 screen tested to take over from tiernan who is taking over from d'arcy on Saturday night. There was 5 pictures of the usual suspects plus suprisingly garrihy.

Well D'arcy did say that they should have more women working in RTE. And I for one am delighted that his populist remarks have come back to bite him in the ar$e.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,036 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

1/ had the radio on and there was an ad for the tub show and it was true to form, hear him talk about material that would be sensitive to fruit flys?? soooo tubridy

2/ anyone watching "dublin murders"? there's a scene where a family get pushed into a complete meltdown triggered by our very own tubridy on the telly :)

3/ switched on and the radio was already on 1, and tubs wasn't too interesting so i dialed into pat kenny....good lord what a master class of presenting, yer one lisa chambers was on to say how innocent she is for the voting scandal and how she wouldn't dream of being corrupt and Pat begins with this....

." Lisa welcome to the show, they say when you have to explain yourself you've already lost"

and that opening line knocked her sideways and rendered any crap she was about to spout as useless!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,629 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

PieOhMy wrote: »

I seen the names last week, I assumed they were for some lightweight show on RTe, not the LLS.

Then again, the LLS is mostly interviewing RTe employees these days, so its hardly a difficult job.

• Advertisement

material that would be sensitive to fruit flys!

Fruit flies like a banana.....

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Author of a misery book has an intriguing story.

Natural history museum in London is not as good as the one in Dublin. Right.

Oh ffs, AGAIN.

RTE may give her a full time job at this stage.

When is the last time that RTE had a working class person on one of their panel shows Ryan. I've never heard one on Finucane's show. Seems like RTE have a similar policy about accents themselves.

That's great..that's history ;)

Horrifying but intriguing.

Misery

I'm off

I hate the way he finishes interviews. He couldn't wait to get rid of her. Then he has 2 ad breaks.,mostly for rte programmes

Same with Vicky Phelan. Shut down each answer quickly and jump in with the next question to be ticked off

• Registered Users Posts: 16 braidman

Of course the Irish Natural History museum is better than the British-his anti-British rhetoric strikes me as a personal slight of never having made it over the water

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

sligojoek wrote: »
    Same with Vicky Phelan. Shut down each answer quickly and jump in with the next question to be ticked off

no disrespect to the woman but she's never off the radio or tv !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Unspeakable tragedy that I'm not going to speak about......and proceeds to talk about it. :rolleyes:

Social media companies should pay for counselling for the victims - great, great idea.

A self-interest perhaps?

"Policing an unpoliceable terrain. I'm going to be watching this very closely."

A little threatening there? Going all Peter Casey again Bryan?

A good story - Famine Museum gets an injection of cash.
    The Irish Schindler's List. :rolleyes: I expect some woke Irish Jewish people to complain about this.

"Asking for it", the play, from the book by Louise O'Neill. It's intriguing.
    Toxic masculinity bingo check.
    I had great time for the book, still do.

I'm having trouble finding a good book at the moment which is unlike me. :rolleyes:
    I'm heading into Toy Show craziness at the moment so I don't want anything too heavy.
    :rolleyes:

Tiffany & Co. Advent Calendar - a treat.

I may be mistaken but I'm pretty sure they're not a local irish shop......:rolleyes:

A snip at just $112,000. Talk about knowing your audience!

And with that, I'm out.

DIY SoS focuses on 'kindness " . Really ?

Kindness makes a late appearance.

• Advertisement

Death

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement