Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryan Tubridy radio show thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I really want to bring Kathleen into the parlour this morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

And just to point out the difference in how broadcasters are nowadays, they play an ad of Joe badgering and accusing one of his callers (who he researcher actually called up so that Duffy could badger him)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

NIMAN wrote: »
    The country has come to a standstill.

It hasn't really. It's going on as normal.

Rte studios might be on a go-slow, but the rest of us are going about life as normal.

Not just RTE. Only 6 stations in the van, RTE1/2FM/Shannonside/Galwaybay FM/Today and Ntalk and all airing repeats of LLS and obituaries.
    Thank God for Spotify.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

NIMAN wrote: »
    Anyone taking bets on those 2 being on the show tonight?

Rte researchers frantically trying to track them down.

Which 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,629 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Which 2?

The girl that proposed on the G B show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72,656 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

I’m looking forward to RTE’s weekly airing of that Boyzone clip. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,154 ✭✭✭mistersifter

Graham Norton almost put his foot in it.....

"We realised how great Gay was when...when...we saw how sh*t his successors were

eh, we just knew he was great!" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,154 ✭✭✭mistersifter

I’m looking forward to RTE’s weekly airing of that Boyzone clip. :pac:

And then the one where U2 gave him a Harley.

I wonder is Bono knocking about town tonight.

He might not appear in person but I bet there will be a phonecall from him.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

sligojoek wrote: »
    School

He told a story yesterday about how he rang Gay when he was about 9.

"I felt like a bold child ringing the headmaster."

The same interview had 'sorcerer and sorcerers apprentice' and I think 'teacher and pupil' too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭lalababa

On the radio yesterday several people went on and on about Gays great interview technique, about how he LET the subject talk and left pauses and left tangents develop and took his watch off, and how everybody learnt from him. Seem they'd all want to do a major refresher course. It's high time for a bit of 'slow tv'.... that's when there isn't somebody babbling on at a mile a minute with no pauses. Turbidy is the worst he's not even coherent at times.
    Anyone remember when Daniel Day-Lewis was on the LL, with either Kenny or Tubs - think it was Kenny...and DDL was leaving long pauses before answering and also talking slow, Kenny was nearly foaming at the mouth and starting to **** himself over the lack of pace!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

In New Zealand on tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,500 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

lalababa wrote: »
    On the radio yesterday several people went on and on about Gays great interview technique, about how he LET the subject talk and left pauses and left tangents develop and took his watch off, and how everybody learnt from him. Seem they'd all want to do a major refresher course. It's high time for a bit of 'slow tv'.... that's when there isn't somebody babbling on at a mile a minute with no pauses. Turbidy is the worst he's not even coherent at times.
    Anyone remember when Daniel Day-Lewis was on the LL, with either Kenny or Tubs - think it was Kenny...and DDL was leaving long pauses before answering and also talking slow, Kenny was nearly foaming at the mouth and starting to **** himself over the lack of pace!

Louise O Reilly of SF can speak for 22 minutes with taking a breath.

Is this a record.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

FFS! He does one tv show and he needs a day off the radio gig!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Ella mcSweeney today.

Looks like Ryan was a "bold" boy last night.

FFS! He does one tv show and he needs a day off the radio gig!?!
    By next Friday Tubridy will have hosted three LLS in a week. And no doubt there was a lot of drink knocked back after the show last night.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

Think they all left coppers around 6am.
    Nell was in fine voice.

Pat Kenny showed up for his show this morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭TallGlass2

zorro2566 wrote: »
    Pat Kenny showed up for his show this morning!

Private sector :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

“When I started in RTE it was like Charlie Bucket catching a glimpse of Willy Wonka. You would see a bit of the top hat and a bit of the coat, and go, ‘I wonder if he would say hello to me’.

For someone who reads so much it's the same references over and over and over and over again.

• Advertisement

I’ve just caught myself making a mistake. I was catching up on the news online and specifically the boil water notice in effect (fortunately not where I am) and I misread the article which I thought said there was “Tubridy in the water supply following heavy rain”. Turns out it was turbidity - had to look that up and it apparently means “cloudiness or haziness”.

So, same meaning, different spelling maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

PieOhMy wrote: »
    “When I started in RTE it was like Charlie Bucket catching a glimpse of Willy Wonka. You would see a bit of the top hat and a bit of the coat, and go, ‘I wonder if he would say hello to me’.

For someone who reads so much it's the same references over and over and over and over again.

I’m convinced the reading spiel is just pure spoofing from him, something to fill time on air.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Tubs doing his best not to mention the RTÉ cutbacks plans. When he himself is a major part of the problem

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Thanks to the people who showed up. ° They came from the canteen ffs.

Love
    Friends
    Beautiful
    Respect
    Blah.blah

• Registered Users Posts: 19,500 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Tubs doing his best not to mention the RTÉ cutbacks plans. When he himself is a major part of the problem

No he is not, it’s the clowns who sanctioned his salary are the problem.

You see, RTÉ to a certain extent is like a microcosm of the country.

When the going was good, fcuk the future, spend like there was no tomorrow, pay outlandish salaries to people just because you can, everyone’s a star, lash it out there ,horse, shure it’s piling up on us.
    Lose control of cost base, productivity, value for money,relativity.

And then, like the country, they discover that the gravy train doesn’t last forever, but, putting the toothpaste back in the tube is a verrrrrrry difficult task.

That’s where RTE are right now, in a very challenging place.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,036 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

What’s he on about...nerfs wtf

Meanwhile McWilliams announced he’s been fired by rte

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

And speaking of having egos stroked, Ryan will be interviewing (nay blowing) Joseph O'Connor after the break.

Oconnor playing tubridys tune. Jesus christ

• Advertisement

So tubridy just HAPPENS to have that clip to hand. Does he take us all for fools ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement