Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryan Tubridy radio show thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

The original BBC production of House of Cards was intruiging and delicious.

I can't take any more. This is painful. At least he didn't plug TLLS I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,154 ✭✭✭mistersifter

He should get into an instrument case and f*ck off to the Lebanon.

A Didgeridoo case should offer a snug fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

He's fallen in love with a pen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

He's really outdoing himself today with the Tubridisms. Have to switch over. RTE need to get a normal person in that slot.

He keeps saying "AAAN-EH-WAY" (anyway) ..... He's done about 30 of them so far in the show.

• Advertisement

sligojoek wrote: »
    The Irish emigrated so therefore we should allow thousands in now.

Bingo

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Trolling...he has to be.

Same shape and body weight.

A deathbed story to kick off with.

Have a nice day folks.

First question.
    Tell me about you're dead granny

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Had to turn off. How can anything other than food be delicious? And how can someone be intrigued by almost everything?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

He should get into an instrument case and f*ck off to the Lebanon.

A Didgeridoo case should offer a snug fit.

Or maybe a flute case

Today we have an intriguing story from a fascinating guest. ;)

Joking aside it's a bit dark him lecturing people on going to nearby bookshops if they have the money to spare coz 'it's the right thing to do' when hes part of a company taking public money, struggling badly though mismanagement while avoiding paying his fair share of personal taxes to the state through the usual contractor measures.

What's the right thing to do there Ryan? If people have the money to spare they should pay more for things that they could get cheaper elsewhere, but also if you have the money to spare you can afford to avoid paying tax like everyone else?

Bad and all as that avoidance measure is it has to be said that it is legal. But then its the hypocrisy of this guy to tell people to 'do the right thing' that rubs me the wrong way.

Today we have an intriguing story from a fascinating guest. ;)

I'm not listening - is it delicious?

I'm not listening - is it delicious?

It's pure shyte. A Polish jehovah witness :). Honestly !!

PieOhMy wrote: »
    Joking aside it's a bit dark him lecturing people on going to nearby bookshops if they have the money to spare coz 'it's the right thing to do' when hes part of a company taking public money, struggling badly though mismanagement while avoiding paying his fair share of personal taxes to the state through the usual contractor measures.

What's the right thing to do there Ryan? If people have the money to spare they should pay more for things that they could get cheaper elsewhere, but also if you have the money to spare you can afford to avoid paying tax like everyone else?

Bad and all as that avoidance measure is it has to be said that it is legal. But then its the hypocrisy of this guy to tell people to 'do the right thing' that rubs me the wrong way.

He should have a word with Duffy, and get him to disassociate himself from the German printers,because it's the right thing to do. ;)

It's pure shyte. A Polish jehovah witness :). Honestly !!

Next week on Tubs, we discuss the inherent racist nomeclature associated with some alcoholic drinks and speak to Jamal Darnell Kostalinov from Moscow about Black Russians.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭galwayllm

This guy is a creep, makes my skin crawl..

Next week on Tubs, we discuss the inherent racist nomeclature associated with some alcoholic drinks and speak to Jamal Darnell Kostalinov from Moscow about Black Russians.

Sorry caller you cant mention alcohol, this ones aulfella was a dipso

• Advertisement

galwayllm wrote: »

Welcome

He should have a word with Duffy, and get him to disassociate himself from the German printers,because it's the right thing to do. ;)

That whole issue came to mind as I was writing that. Remember before christmas with the Dail printer issue Duffy spoke to a man who runs a printer? He was full of compliments for him and asked how many people he employed at the printer and somehow equated that to a certain amount of families being fed! All the while knowing full well his own situation re giving work to non local companies.

Like these presenters quirks and peculiarities are funny enough at best and unprofessional and self serving at worst but the hypocrisy is really what leaves a sour taste for me. If the other things are their personalities or just their natures theres not a whole lot can be done about it, but being a hypocrite takes actual thought and conscious decisions and thats very revealing.

galwayllm wrote: »

If you saw his pay slip you'd blow your top altogether :)

PieOhMy wrote: »
    That whole issue came to mind as I was writing that. Remember before christmas with the Dail printer issue Duffy spoke to a man who runs a printer? He was full of compliments for him and asked how many people he employed at the printer and somehow equated that to a certain amount of families being fed! All the while knowing full well his own situation re giving work to non local companies.

Like these presenters quirks and peculiarities are funny enough at best and unprofessional and self serving at worst but the hypocrisy is really what leaves a sour taste for me. If the other things are their personalities or just their natures theres not a whole lot can be done about it, but being a hypocrite takes actual thought and conscious decisions and thats very revealing.

Grehan was his name,and I thought the very same.
    I'm sure his brother upped sticks and moved his family to California years ago because printing couldn't sustain them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

What does he do for rest of the day?
    Serious question.
    Is he in Rte till 3 or 4 or is he home by now.
    He’s probably in for 9.45am.

Gods Gift wrote: »
    Serious question.

He goes to the cinema lot, and hangs around independent bookshops.

Gods Gift wrote: »
    Serious question.

He goes to the cinema on weekday afternoons, swans around bookshops, goes for coffee. That kinda thing.

Pretty much just lives the life of a pensioner and is at a perpetual loose end.

Probably swings by the national archives from time to time just to mix things up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

He talks to homeless people begging for money in the street too, for a good oh ...fifteen minutes at least.
    Also he probably goes through his cue cards for the LLS as some stage.
    But yeah, mostly just cinema and bookshops.
    So goofy !

He goes to the cinema on weekday afternoons, swans around bookshops, goes for coffee. That kinda thing.

Pretty much just lives the life of a pensioner and is at a perpetual loose end.

Probably swings by the national archives from time to time just to mix things up.

In between reading up on the famine.

• Advertisement

A bit of schadenfreude to start with

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement