Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryan Tubridy radio show thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

Two "curious" in 10 seconds

This competition entrant knew Ryan's birthday

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Was Esters answer not 1300 ?

Also did he not just get 3 answers correct

PieOhMy wrote: »
    This competition entrant knew Ryan's birthday

Cant believe you dont :)

Within 1 min the topic of the conversation turns to death of parents. I can imagine a big highlighter or those notation stickers being taken out with a big grin when the death section arrives in any book to be noted. Or else 'death/died' searched for on any guests wikipedia page.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Just turned over. Who's this guest?

• Registered Users Posts: 72,658 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

sligojoek wrote: »
    Just turned over. Who's this guest?

Lee Fields

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

Turned on, has listened to him for ages, and kindness is what I heard. This is the word I hear thrown around alot and I think it came from Ellen show.

Intriguing

Straight in with anti phone stuff

Movie review. Intrigue and interest.

A book set in a school.

• Advertisement

In know radio 1 listeners are divils for going to magaloof.

News to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭RCK1

In know radio 1 listeners are divils for going to magaloof.

News to me.

A little thing called sarcasm

Watches are better than phones.

Wake up call after the break.
    I feel a misery slot coming on.

In a sense.

That's becoming a new 'thing'

Jesus Christ spit it out

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Where is this story going?!! Jesus....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,041 ✭✭✭applehunter

What is this all about?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

What is this all about?

Young wan goes out, drinks to oblivion, passes out and has to deal with the shame of it all and reasses her relationship with drink.... really must have difficulty finding guests this morning! This is painful.

Nanny RTE telling us not to drink too much at Xmas.

A clock and watch museum in Waterford.

That's the next 2 weeks intros sorted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Howitzer the 5th

People here seem to monitor Tubridy's semi-lucid, incoherent and ill-conceived ramblings about absolute inconsequential frivolity on a daily basis and his other worldly penchant for nonsense like 'kindness' and are disaffected.

He doesn't care. He's making a killing doing next to nowt. He has an army of lick spittles producing this tripe. His utterances show what an abject lightweight he really is. His command of the English language is abysmal and his wholly ill-prepared, devil may care attitude, while galling, is apparently in line with standard policy it seems and fully backed by his employers at vast expense.

I could fill a week of shows telling him about my Xmas Eve exploits over the years.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,635 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Didn't hear show today but heard a promo for it on Rising Time on my commute.

"And today on the Ryan Tubridy Show, Ryan talks to the woman who woke up in her bed and had no idea how she got there".

First of all of course I had a laugh to myself thinking about all the nights out I had when I woke up not knowing how I got home.
    Then I assumed it must be some story about a woman who had some memory issue and couldn't remember herself, her family etc.
    A 1 in a million disease or condition worth a radio interview.

But it was just the 1st option?????

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭golondrinas

What's a. Pome. He referred to one earlier??

I could fill a week of shows telling him about my Xmas Eve exploits over the years.

He’d probably have to broadcast that after the Watershed! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

People here seem to monitor Tubridy's semi-lucid, incoherent and ill-conceived ramblings about absolute inconsequential frivolity on a daily basis and his other worldly penchant for nonsense like 'kindness' and are disaffected.

He doesn't care. He's making a killing doing next to nowt. He has an army of lick spittles producing this tripe. His utterances show what an abject lightweight he really is. His command of the English language is abysmal and his wholly ill-prepared, devil may care attitude, while galling, is apparently in line with standard policy it seems and fully backed by his employers at vast expense.

I wouldn't listen to Liveline Howitzer if you think Bryan Tubridy is bad. Compared to Mr. Duffy he's a pro - but that really is a relative statement.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Lee Fields

He normally prefaces that with "my Cork chums get a great giggle out of this". Well he definitely did so once, I recall.

“chums” ............

Hmm, I’m trying to remember when i last used the word “chums” to refer to my friends, or even my acquaintances, or people I work with. I’ll maybe try it out.

Hmm, I’m trying to remember when i last used the word “chums” to refer to my friends, or even my acquaintances, or people. I work with. I’ll maybe try it out.

Dont...just don't :):)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Howitzer the 5th

I wouldn't listen to Liveline Howitzer if you think Bryan Tubridy is bad. Compared to Mr. Duffy he's a pro - but that really is a relative statement.

Hey I hear what your saying ButtersSuki. It's pitiable effluent. They are a cosy cartel of non talents spewing inordinate levels of the mediocre upon a frustrated and helpless listernership.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement