Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New order question

Options
  • 30-07-2015 4:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Just before the end of the last Eircom offer for Phone and Broadband, I signed up online for it, selected a date for installation online, and within a day I got an email confirming most of the details presumably generated automatically by the website.

This email had a "What happens next" section which told me that within 2 days, I would receive another email detailing the phone number, when phone service would be working, and some other stuff. Presumably a human gets to generate this second email.

So the first email was sent on 14th July, and so the second should have been here by the 16th July.  And it still hasn't got here, more than 2 weeks later. And yes, there's nothing in my spam filters.

So how can I find out the status of my installation, should I expect the appointment date I selected to be kept?

Michael

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

mpaton wrote: »
    Just before the end of the last Eircom offer for Phone and Broadband, I signed up online for it, selected a date for installation online, and within a day I got an email confirming most of the details presumably generated automatically by the website.

This email had a "What happens next" section which told me that within 2 days, I would receive another email detailing the phone number, when phone service would be working, and some other stuff. Presumably a human gets to generate this second email.

So the first email was sent on 14th July, and so the second should have been here by the 16th July.  And it still hasn't got here, more than 2 weeks later. And yes, there's nothing in my spam filters.

So how can I find out the status of my installation, should I expect the appointment date I selected to be kept?

Michael
    Hi mpaton

Very sorry to hear of these delays - do please feel free to PM me the email address registered to the order, the account name and address of where you want service and I will investigate this further for you

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 6 mpaton

Michael

Very sorry to hear of these delays - do please feel free to PM me the email address registered to the order, the account name and address of where you want service and I will investigate this further for you

Thanks
    Al
    Thanks Al. As if by magic, the emails just arrived as you replied. Then  I had a text telling me what my new number was to be. So I connected a phone, and no dial tone. Now the problem is to get this resolved before the broadband installer comes around next week. Or am I wrong that the broadband installer will be expecting a working phone line?

Michael

Thanks
    Al
    Thanks Al. As if by magic, the emails just arrived as you replied. Then  I had a text telling me what my new number was to be. So I connected a phone, and no dial tone. Now the problem is to get this resolved before the broadband installer comes around next week. Or am I wrong that the broadband installer will be expecting a working phone line?
    Apologies for the delays mpaton

I have been assured that the text your received was sent in error and that the installation engineer will re-activate the line when he calls out.

The engineer is scheduled to call out to you on the 10th of August between 1pm and 5pm

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 6 mpaton

I have been assured that the text your received was sent in error and that the installation engineer will re-activate the line when he calls out.

The engineer is scheduled to call out to you on the 10th of August between 1pm and 5pm

Thanks
    Al
    Thanks Al, that sounds like it should be OK. I was concerned that the line might be cut, rather than simply needing re-activated, and then there would be a whole new set of delays.

My email said 10th August all right, but it said AM, but now it's PM you say.

Thanks again

Thanks
    Al
    Thanks Al, that sounds like it should be OK. I was concerned that the line might be cut, rather than simply needing re-activated, and then there would be a whole new set of delays.

My email said 10th August all right, but it said AM, but now it's PM you say.

Thanks again
    No problem mpaton

That's odd - it should be PM - I'll double check and get back to you soon :)

Al

• Advertisement
Advertisement