Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

1 euro setanta is back !

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 692 ✭✭✭jinkybhoy

kooga wrote: »
    just to confirm

how recently did they email you with 9.99 a month?
    tks

Today - I emailed them asking for the 9.99 offer - they offered it then -see post below for their response.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 692 ✭✭✭jinkybhoy

>>> "jinkybhoy> 15/09/2015 15:28 >>>
    Hi

I’ve seen people been offered 9.99 per month for 2 months – would consider renewing at this price.

Thanks

and in response this morning

Dear jinkybhoy,

Account reference: 2xxxxxx,

Thank you for contacting Setanta Sports.

As a valued customer we would like to offer you the opportunity of continuing your subscription with Setanta Sports at a reduced price offer of €9.99 per month for the next 2 months . This offer will commence from your next billing date 04/10/2015. After this period your service will revert to the original price unless you call or email at which point we would be more than happy to discuss your account again.

If you would like to take advantage of the above offer then please reply to this email.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,076 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

worth putting in a call and check to see when you signed up, also what happens after the 12 month expires, will it roll on at full price and if you no longer want it must you give the 31 days notice.

I made a note of the date I signed up, and I think I have an email somewhere. A friend of mine signed up by phone - says he was told he would not have to cancel with a month's notice - that it would just die. Don't think I'll take the chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 480 ✭✭CJmasgrande

jinkybhoy wrote: »
    I'd guess they hope you don't notice and then they automatically put you on the 21.99 per month?

No they can't do that it was a once off offer paid with Visa card

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,076 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

No they can't do that it was a once off offer paid with Visa card

You sure about this? It certainly sounds logical and I had never thought of it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,321 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Setanta have an official Rep here on Boards - Setanta Sports: Niall

Looking at his profile it shows that he was last active in December 2014 however if he is using the site in "invisible mode" without posting then that's the date that would show in any event.

For any queries maybe bang off a PM to him in the off chance that he's still around in lurking mode :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭Neamhshuntasach

If you sign up for the 1 euro offer and select the 25 euro a month no contract offer. You need to stay with them for 2 months at a total cost of 26 euro? Is that correct? When would i need to call up to cancel so it does not go beyond the 2 months? Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭kooga

back of the net!!

i emailed setanta and received this reply this morning

Dear Mr xxxx

Account reference:

Thank you for contacting Setanta Sports.

As a valued customer we would like to offer you the opportunity of continuing your subscription with Setanta Sports at a reduced price offer of €9 per month for the next 2 months . This offer will commence from your next billing date xx/xx/2015. After this period your service will revert to the original price unless you call or email at which point we would be more than happy to discuss your account again.

If you would like to take advantage of the above offer then please reply to this email.

current retention offer with setanta

UFC ON SETANTA PACK 2 MONTHS @ €9.99 PER MONTH!
    We notice that your subscription is up to be cancelled, we do't want you to miss out on all this great upcoming UFC action on the Setanta Sports Pack including Conor McGregor each week in The Ultimate Fighter, plus every Europa League and Champions League game.

Call us now on 0818 203040 and avail of this UFC only retention offer of your next 2 months at €9.99 per month.

Your account will automatically cancel should you not contact us

Sunday September 27 UFC FIGHT NIGHT
    Saturday October 3 UFC 192: CORMIER v GUSTAFSSON
    Saturday November 7 UFC FIGHT NIGHT: BELFORT v HENDERSON
    Saturday November 15 UFC 193: ROUSEY V HOLM / LAWLER v CONDIT
    Saturday November 21 UFC FIGHT NIGHT HENDERSON VS ALVES

Friday, December 11 THE ULTIMATE FIGHTER FINALE TEAM MCGREGOR VS TEAM FABER
    Saturday, December 12 UFC 194 ALDO VS MCGREGOR

• Advertisement

Got a call today just to confirm my 2 months sub. It's the only offer at the moment 2 months at 9.99. She told me to ring back in a month to seek what's on offer again

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭thegeezer

Just called UPC and got 20% discount on SkySports for 12 months for being valued customer !!

thegeezer wrote: »
    Just called UPC and got 20% discount on SkySports for 12 months for being valued customer !!
    Thats great....but what has it got to do with Setanta?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭a very cool kid

Tried sending them an email this morning to see what they'd offer. No reply - are normally fairly slow!

Tried sending them an email this morning to see what they'd offer. No reply - are normally fairly slow!
    You will have a reply by the morning should get 9.99 pm x 2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

"We are delighted you wish to remain with us and I can confirm that you are currently on a reduced price offer of €12.99 for August and September. From October your service will return to the normal price of €25 per month.

Regrettably, the €9.99 offer is open to new and reistating customers only, it is not available to existing customers."

.... Am I being lied to?

• Advertisement

i think they have you..............when is your next billing date?

If i read your post correctly you should of rung them before the end of august before your sub was taken. even if you ring now to cancel you will be charged €25.

sorry about the bad news

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

matrixf wrote: »
    Has anybody

maybe delete that comment? if anyone from setanta is reading here it's hardly worth drawing their attention to it?

matrixf wrote: »
    Has anybody that signed up to the €99 for the year had it cut off yet, got mine on 2nd of December last year and it's still on

I'm same boat :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭GY A1

watch you've not been billed for another year at full whack abouts 250 for the year

Not possible. I paid without any contract last year and have different credit card now :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 224 ✭✭matrixf

GY A1 wrote: »
    watch you've not been billed for another year at full whack abouts 250 for the year

Paid with a now expired credit card so can't be billed again lol, I have signed up on a different sky viewing card for the €129 offer thinking the other offer was due to be disconnected wish I waited now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

There may be a delay in all admin type things now with Setanta having been sold to Eir.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,050 ✭✭✭✭cena

Now with sentanta sold to eir {eircom} I wonder what well they do with the bt channels

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,726 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

cena wrote: »
    Now with sentanta sold to eir {eircom} I wonder what well they do with the bt channels

No reason for the deal with BT to end as far as I can see!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

cena wrote: »

The Irish rights for the BT channels have been included in the sale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

I recently re-subscribed for the year, they called me up and offered it for €129 for 12 months, which I think is a grand deal. I also asked for it in a second room, and they said it would be an additional €3. I didn't have my card info on me so they called back a few days later and gave me the multiroom for free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

The purchase of Setanta by Eir will require regulatory approval, so there won't be any changes for the time being. Like the takeover of O2 by Three, you're looking at a few months before anything substantial happens.

Billing and offers won't change.

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭skydish79

The purchase of Setanta by Eir will require regulatory approval, so there won't be any changes for the time being. Like the takeover of O2 by Three, you're looking at a few months before anything substantial happens.

Billing and offers won't change.

Yeah I read it could be March before full approval

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭badker

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    I recently re-subscribed for the year, they called me up and offered it for €129 for 12 months, which I think is a grand deal. I also asked for it in a second room, and they said it would be an additional €3. I didn't have my card info on me so they called back a few days later and gave me the multiroom for free.

Why the price hike? losing the 3pm kick offs to sky next season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Mourinho

Jesus what kinda prices can we expect once the eir takeover is sorted :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭bored_newbie

Is it okay to get the Setanta Sports pack on a Sky box that has no Sky subscription, does anyone know?

And will their Web player work?

They don't really say on the website.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭GY A1

yes you can get a setanta sub on its own without sky
    not sure about the setanta go thing

Is it okay to get the Setanta Sports pack on a Sky box that has no Sky subscription, does anyone know?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

badker wrote: »
    Why the price hike? losing the 3pm kick offs to sky next season.

I didn't know that, for how long? Has sky ever had the 3pm KO before?

Afaik, eircom had setanta (sat 3pm KO) a long time ago on their webplayer,
    As it was handy then, when it was on setanta ireland before shifting to setanta 1 :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 890 ✭✭✭A Law

I tried to register with setantago except it said my sky number was invalid. Pretty sure it wasn't

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

I tried to register with setantago except it said my sky number was invalid. Pretty sure it wasn't

Where did you register? i only found this link & shows line up, although is it open to new customers only?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Same happen to me and I emailed them. They answered a completely different question and I am none the wiser !

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭badker

I didn't know that, for how long? Has sky ever had the 3pm KO before?

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soccer/english-soccer/sky-sports-to-broadcast-live-3pm-premier-league-games-in-ireland-1.2426995

Also there is no setanta version of sky go in Ireland. It is available in UK but hasn't been rolled out here yet.

Their twitter account said it is rolled out here and gave this link for the Beta version of the player (desktop only). If it works for anyone, please post.
    https://t.co/pv83O3fCbT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 890 ✭✭✭A Law

Where did you register? i only found this link & shows line up, although is it open to new customers only?
    https://www.setantago.com

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭price690

ive got the eircom tv package, sky sports and movies.

I don't have the Setanta/BT though. How much is it to sign up? Are there any deals to be had if i was to haggle?

price690 wrote: »
    ive got the eircom tv package, sky sports and movies.

I don't have the Setanta/BT though. How much is it to sign up? Are there any deals to be had if i was to haggle?

with eir at the moment there is a two month free setanta bt sport pack. offers end 31/12/15

So you're saying its free to eir?

So you're saying its free to eir?

Technically not FTA. There is an offer of two months free, after that you are billed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭price690

Technically not FTA. There is an offer of two months free, after that you are billed.

You have to commit to a contract before you get your trial ?

Surely thats just 2 months free on a 12 month contract rather than a 2 month trial? A trial infers you try out the service before committing to something longer term

price690 wrote: »
    You have to commit to a contract before you get your trial ?

Surely thats just 2 months free on a 12 month contract rather than a 2 month trial? A trial infers you try out the service before committing to something longer term

best bet would be to ring them, my understanding is that its a no obligation free two months, plus you don't have to give 30 days notice. So if you get it today ring back in two months and they will switch it off there and then. or if you are happy with it the service will continue and you will be billed accordingly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Bastards don't answer the phone when you try to cancel.

Bastards don't answer the phone when you try to cancel.
    You dont have to call them to cancel, just email them.... setantacsire@setanta.mgtplc.com

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭paddy cork

Just rang up there to continue my 2 monthly 12.99 rate and the lowest I was offered going forward was 16.99 . Any other experiences, what is the going rate?

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnf26

paddy cork wrote: »
    Just rang up there to continue my 2 monthly 12.99 rate and the lowest I was offered going forward was 16.99 . Any other experiences, what is the going rate?

got the same price myself 2days ago dont think there budging one price at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

paddy cork wrote: »

I'll be cancelling next month so
    sky will as always have the important games from April on

• Advertisement
Advertisement