Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrong price displayed

Options
  • 30-07-2015 6:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭

So i found a nice dress reduced in one of the well known high street shops but the price was different at the check out. Was told "oh must be the wrong sticker", however all those dresses had the same price displayed. Do i have any rights? The lady just put the dress back on the rail and im pretty sure it'll be there with the wrong price tomorrow.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭davo10

uli84 wrote: »
    So i found a nice dress reduced in one of the well known high street shops but the price was different at the check out. Was told "oh must be the wrong sticker", however all those dresses had the same price displayed. Do i have any rights? The lady just put the dress back on the rail and im pretty sure it'll be there with the wrong price tomorrow.

The advertised price is an "invite to treat", that legally does not equate to the price you have to pay. So if they made a mistake on the advertised price, they do not actually have to sell the item at that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,181 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

If the majority are marked incorrectly then most of the better retailers will honour that price as long as its not clearly a daft mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭uli84

Yeh, i would say in Dublin they would sell it no problem as all of them were marked same but it was a small town- i just moved recently here and I find the whole shopping experience completely different :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

The lady just put the dress back on the rail and im pretty sure it'll be there with the wrong price tomorrow.
    They would be stupid to do so. If it was advertised in a flyer or in the paper at that price and you would refuse it could be seen as false advertising attempting to get people into the shop.

You have no right to buy at the price, otherwise lads would get their mate to stick €10 stickers on 50" LCDs in powercity and demand to get it after the mate has fled.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

Staff in most high street shops, Dublin or otherwise don't have the ability to lower the price of items which are labelled incorrectly. They charge the price displayed by their POS, no less no more. It's open to abuse otherwise.

A manager may have some room to manoeuvre but that's pretty limited too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭uli84

Yeh, went today and the misprice was still there, bought it anyways

Advertisement