Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

broadband in West clare

• 30-07-2015 9:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭

Hi.i am living in West clare.i current have a Vodafone dongle which is very poor .What is the best broadband provider for West clare?thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Gallee

You won't have much luck with mobile broadband at this time of year unless it's between 11pm and 9am. In Kilkee it's crawling on Three due to the influx of holidaymakers. According to a friend of mine, BB Net is the fastest and most reliable to have installed at home or in your business but maybe someone else living here might have more info.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

What type of Vodafone dongle do you have?
    Vodafone have 4G in a lot of North/Bits of west Clare so worth noting.

Three are crawling since the takeover, Meteor are probably the only other choice you have in terms of mobile broadband.

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Jim Martin

Vodafone 4G coverage in Clare:

http://www.vodafone.ie/coverage

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Give BBNet a call and see if they cover your area. Only left them due to fibre being rolled out in my area.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭fire_man

Thanks for replies.are sky and upc in that area?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,895 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

fire_man wrote: »
    Thanks for replies.are sky and upc in that area?

From what I have heard, Sky is terrible and I know first hand that Eircom is awful.

Dial-up speeds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

http://irelandoffline.org/map/#/home
    Map of telephone exchanges and mobile masts, along with wireless providers, might help.

Worth noting, Eircom, Vodafone & Sky will all use the same line for broadband.

Advertisement