Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

closing account

Options
  • 30-07-2015 9:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭

what would i need to do to close a current account ??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Helen

tomtom926a wrote: »
    what would i need to do to close a current account ??
    Hi tomtom926a,

Thank you for contacting us on Boards.

To close an account you can:

Call into any Bank of Ireland branch – you will need Photo identification (Passport, Driving Licence, Garda ID) and your account details and express your request to close this account.

Written request by letter only (an email/fax will not be accepted) – you can post this to your nearest branch or drop it in the branch mailbox.

If you require the balance to be issued to you by bank draft, please state who the draft should be made payable to.

If you require the balance to be transferred to a replacement account, we will require details of the beneficiary account i.e. sort code, account number, account name. IBAN & BIC code will also be required if the new account is a held at a foreign bank).

Please note, if you are currently signed up for eStatements, please ensure to switch back to paper statements before having the account closed. This will ensure you are able to receive your closing statement. Once an account has closed it is automatically removed from online access.

Contact details for your branch can be found here

If there is anything else we can help you with please don’t hesitate in contacting us again.

Have a good weekend.

Helen

Advertisement