Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone in the car

• 30-07-2015 10:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 540 ✭✭✭

I'm almost certain that my new car stereo is the problem but Renault are pretty much useless....

When I connect my iPhone (6 plus) to my car via USB I can play music and it sounds fine, however I was using spotify and after 3/4 times of pressing next track (on the steering controls or on the radio interface) the music app would take over and play alphabetically. I had to have tracks in my music or the car would complain that no media was found

So, great, Apple music is here. The music app can't take over from itself? Oh yes it can. I'm playing some tracks and after a few skips, the music starts to play alphabetically again. Does this alllllllll the time

Over bluetooth, I don't have this issue BUT the processor in the radio is a pile of garbage and can't handle streaming audio to the point that where Renault blamed spotify and 3G and also interestingly removed the "play audio over bluetooth" from their site. Very annoying that I don't have the skipping track problem on bluetooth but the tracks themselves jump and skip on bluetooth so I've replaced one skipping problem for another!!

Back to USB, can anyone help me get usb playback working properly before I regret trading my iPhone for a Samsung

Using genuine cables and ios 8.4 (9 beta and all versions before it don't work)

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Would it be worth going to a car audio centre and seeing if there's a firmware update for the stereo? I had an iPhone 5 that skipped a bit on Bluetooth until a software update to the stereo enabled iPhone 5 compatibility.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 540 ✭✭✭GreatDefector

Zcott wrote: »
    Would it be worth going to a car audio centre and seeing if there's a firmware update for the stereo? I had an iPhone 5 that skipped a bit on Bluetooth until a software update to the stereo enabled iPhone 5 compatibility.

Thanks, I've checked and there's been 2 updates so far. Running the latest firmware

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Thanks, I've checked and there's been 2 updates so far. Running the latest firmware

The grass isn't always greener on the other side.

I have a Ford Kuga so I switched from the iPhone to the Samsung S5 for the sole reason that I could dictate SMS using voice. I also use Spotify and some local music on the phone.

In short, I experienced the exact same things you describe above with the Samsung - stuttering music over Blue tooth, reverting back to stored music when I started the car and so on.

I'm back to my IPhone and while I can't dictate texts, everything else works as you would expect.

Advertisement