Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bio Oil as a moisturiser?

Options
  • 30-07-2015 10:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭

Anyone know if Bio Oil is good to use as a moisturiser? Or should I just use a regular moisturiser?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭PinkLemonade

Anyone know if Bio Oil is good to use as a moisturiser? Or should I just use a regular moisturiser?

For body or face?
    It has given me small break outs before, but I think it was more bringing them to the surface.

If you have it already then I'd say try it!

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭magicmushroom

I would personally massage it in, leave it to soak for a while and then put a normal moisturiser on top - like you would with a rosehip oil or a serum
    Maybe only use it at night too, it could be a bit greasy for morning use?
    You won't know until you try though, everyone's skin is different :)

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭jadie

It's basically cheap mineral oil so I wouldn't put it near face or body, esp. face. Better off getting an organic unrefined oil like Rosehip

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭magicmushroom

Oh I didn't know it was a mineral oil, that's interesting

Much better to try Rosehip Oil then OP - I've heard it's great for scarring etc, which may be what you were looking to use Bio Oil for?

Also supposedly extremely nourishing and brightening. I keep meaning to buy some but never seem to be anywhere that sells it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭Melisandre121

Oh I didn't know it was a mineral oil, that's interesting

Much better to try Rosehip Oil then OP - I've heard it's great for scarring etc, which may be what you were looking to use Bio Oil for?

Also supposedly extremely nourishing and brightening. I keep meaning to buy some but never seem to be anywhere that sells it!

Oh great! Thanks for that!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Euphoria Intensifies

My skin reacted horribly to Bio Oil when I used it as a facial moisuriser. It went bright red and was really really sore. I'd never had a reaction like that when using it elsewhere on my body. If you do want to use it on your face, I'd do a patch test first just in case.

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Bored_lad

Bio oil is perfectly fine for your face op. It is slightly overpriced however as long as you patch test it as you should do with any new product and you don't have any problems you'll be ok. There is also nothing wrong with using mineral oil on your face or body.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭unreg999

This totally!! The Bio-oil marketing has been very clever but there really is not much special about it when you look at the ingredients... It's just petroleum based chemical oil (mineral)!!
    Get yourself a good organic oil that is right for your skin-type...Hempseed, Argan, rosehip, sunflower (fab light oil), Tamanu, carrot seed, coconut.... The list is pretty long!

Some are heavier & thicker, others are lighter & sink in (hempseed, sunflower)

I used to be scared of putting oil on my face as a moisturiser but now I wouldn't use anything else!

Advertisement