Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Perrywinkles, where to find them in cork city

Options
  • 30-07-2015 10:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭

As the title says I am looking to buy perrywinkles (the shellfish) in Cork City.

anyone know where they can be gotten. anyone know if they can be found in English Market/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭PreCocious

As the title says I am looking to buy perrywinkles (the shellfish) in Cork City.

anyone know where they can be gotten. anyone know if they can be found in English Market/

I've never seen them in Cork. Unlike Limerick where they'd be selling them and dillisk outside Roche's Stores it doesn't seem to be a Cork thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,851 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

You can take the man out of Limerick....:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

haven't seen them to buy in a long time. But we pick them down on Garryvoe beach.. I don't eat them now but dad did and he said they were loverly. If you go down the opposite side of the beach to where the hotel is there is lots of little ponds down there

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Milly33 wrote: »
    haven't seen them to buy in a long time. But we pick them down on Garryvoe beach.. I don't eat them now but dad did and he said they were loverly. If you go down the opposite side of the beach to where the hotel is there is lots of little ponds down there

My better half tells me she has relatives living in Garryvoe. will get her to make a call. thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

You can take the man out of Limerick....:pac:

heh - can even get the Limerick Leader down here now, allbeit the county edition :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

well now you have to go to pick them they be fresh ones.. The far end of the beach is actually loverly when the tide is going out you see all the perrywinkle tracks and you find many the odd thing washed up there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭roundymac

What about clams and cockles, I can' get them in any of the fishmongers in the Cork city.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Clams and cockles can be had alright, but they are not in season now.

Advertisement