Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting Scissor's Sharpened

Options
  • 30-07-2015 10:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

Firstly, if this is the wrong place sorry, maybe it can be moved?

So back to my question, i am wondering dies anyone know where i'd be able to get some hairdresser scissors sharpened, based in Limerick.

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭milli milli

Might be a bit late for you, but this week in Lidl, they are selling a little machine that sharpens scissors - as well as knives and screwdriver heads. It's either €6.99 or €7.99

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

You can sharpen a scissors by cutting tinfoil with it

• Registered Users Posts: 22,300 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Might be a bit late for you, but this week in Lidl, they are selling a little machine that sharpens scissors - as well as knives and screwdriver heads. It's either €6.99 or €7.99

If it's a quality blade I'd run a mile from those machines. They grind, rather than hone. All sharpening removes steel, but grinding removes waaaaaaaaaay too much, and doesn't leave a finished edge.

Who dafuq sharpens screwdrivers? Are you thinking of chisels? Wouldn't put a decent chisel anywhere near one of those machines. Well, maybe a cold chisel. With a lump hammer at the other end.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭MinnieMinx

If they're quality hairdressing scissors, you can send them back to the manufacturer for sharpening. Some wholesalers will also offer a sharpening service where they send them away.

Hairdressing scissors need sharpening and balancing correctly so I wouldn't trust anyone not properly trained, to do this.

Advertisement