Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Another ex thread - still have feelings for, how to deal with?

• 30-07-2015 11:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

I was seeing a guy for six months and we broke up around Christmastime. He basically wasn't able to commit to me and said it was getting too serious. I wasn't happy with that and ended things.

I seriously regret how I reacted and wish I could turn back time. He was a very nice guy. I initiated contact with him again lately and we met up for lunch. It was short and sweet and we got on well.

We've been in sporadic contact since. I still really like him but I don't know how to let him know or if there is any point. In the six months we were apart, he didn't make any contact with me but has been polite when I've initiated it.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭CaraMay

Op his words and actions are very clear. He told you what he felt and that he couldn't commit to you. On top of that he didn't contact you when it finished. He's being polite to you but clearly not interested in romance op or he would be taking his chance with you.

He's your friend op. Move on and meet someone who can commit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Oh I don't know OP...It sounds like he still isn't ready to commit or he would have brought it up when you met him for lunch. This may sound harsh but absence makes the heart grow fonder..unfortunately in your case it seems like he is just interested in you casually and is being polite

• Registered Users Posts: 7 galaxybubbles

Thanks for the replies. It was me who initiated the lunch because I still have feelings for him. I didn't want to bring it up over that lunch.

I guess I know in my heart that if he did still have feelings for me, he would have let me know. Probably a long time ago. It's good (?!) to hear it from others that he isn't interested so I can try to silence the little voice in my head telling me that I should tell him I still have feelings for him.

I just need to find a way to move on now. Onwards and upwards!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,517 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Thanks for the replies. It was me who initiated the lunch because I still have feelings for him. I didn't want to bring it up over that lunch.

I guess I know in my heart that if he did still have feelings for me, he would have let me know. Probably a long time ago. It's good (?!) to hear it from others that he isn't interested so I can try to silence the little voice in my head telling me that I should tell him I still have feelings for him.

I just need to find a way to move on now. Onwards and upwards!

Just know as well that it's totally normal to still have feelings and to still wonder about having another shot at it. Seven months is not a very long time in the grand scheme of things but it's good that you're still on good terms. Don't beat yourself up about it or think that how you feel is out of line. It's totally normal.

Time will move you on and you'll find someone just as, if not even nicer, than that guy who'll be thrilled to commit :)

Advertisement