Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dog slipping on tiles - non slip socks suggestions?

• 30-07-2015 11:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭

Hi, I'm looking in to getting some sort of socks/boots for my dog to prevent her injuring herself when she gets too excited running on tiles. Can anyone recommend a brand or suggest an alternative?
    She's a giant breed so I'm very conscious of not letting her injure herself especially as she's still growing. She doesn't often run in doors luckily. Her nails aren't in need of being clipped. Carpet tiles spread out over the tiles is another option I'm considering but would prefer the socks type option if they are any use. Anyone any experience with them?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭dobman88

We just let our fella learn to slow down. Thankfully no injuries. And he's calmer now when people come round unlike before when he used to come.sliding out to greet them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭Knine

Probably not an option but I have Vinyl flooring down instead of tiles. It has great grip & both my daughter with special needs & my pack of hounds have never slipped on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭pawrick

dobman88 wrote: »
    We just let our fella learn to slow down. Thankfully no injuries. And he's calmer now when people come round unlike before when he used to come.sliding out to greet them.

She's pretty good for the most part and is carful but she still slides a little from time to time walking fast following the cats around the house. I've tiles or wooden floors in every room so there no avoiding it unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭pawrick

Knine wrote: »
    Probably not an option but I have Vinyl flooring down instead of tiles. It has great grip & both my daughter with special needs & my pack of hounds have never slipped on it.

Open to all options really just wondering if the socks work or not before considering carpet tiles or vinyl in the key spots at corners she takes too fast etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭Knine

pawrick wrote: »
    Open to all options really just wondering if the socks work or not before considering carpet tiles or vinyl in the key spots at corners she takes too fast etc.

I notice also that when the kids drop cups or anything on the vinyl it bounces rather then breaks so its a win win in my house. I would imagine that it will not be near as durable as tiles however.

My terriers race around on it with no issues. No carpet in my house due to allergies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,054 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Penny's always have baby socks with non slip stars etc on the bottom of them. I used the toddler ones when my dog cut her and they fit over her bandage no problems so I'd say they'd feed a giant breed too. My friend had the same problem where her older retriever was slipping on tiles in the kitchen - I gave her some socks to try and problem solved! :)

356905.png

Advertisement