Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

newbridge silver shop

Options
  • 30-07-2015 11:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭

Anyone any idea when newbridge silver will open there shop on high Street?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,414 ✭✭✭✭road_high

linny wrote: »

No but looked like they were fitting out a few days ago when I passed it.
    Also the Sam Macauley's flying it along.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭cargo

Where are they going in?

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭linny

cargo wrote:
    Where are they going in?

Going into the old Micheal H shop. Don't think there opened yet. Hopefully by next week

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭foxcoverteddy

Where was Michael H, another Sam shop, Kilkenny must be overloaded with chemists, Newbridge is a good tourist draw during the summer, what about out of the tourist season, might just get me coffee spoons now, teaspoons just seem wrong with coffee cups, time for a cuppa Foxy

Foxy, - coffee spoons if you don't mind :eek:!!! - not just arty-farty but posh as well:)

• Advertisement

It is like this we went to Kildare Village and purchased a Nesspresso machine, lovely coffee and one can change the cru, we also add frothed milk and chocolate, of course we have special coffee cups for this but alas we did not have the right spoons, no it is not arty farty or portside out and starboard home, work that out for a giggle.
    We also use Nicholas Mosse plates and cups, otherwise we are a very down to earth family, but I thank you for your comment and do take care Foxy

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Foxy you make my day :D I myself am partial to the jewellery ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

I just want to say Foxy it's great to have you back.

Have you thought about Radio, if it were up to me you'd be the Joe Duffy of Radio Kilkenny or whatever it's called now.

No kidding you have made me very happy and I count you all as my friends, we might well disagree from time to time but that is what true friendship is about, perhaps one day we will meet, but there again it might spoil the illusion, probably not, so to you all goodnight and god Bless, Love having you around for ever Foxy

No kidding you have made me very happy and I count you all as my friends, we might well disagree from time to time but that is what true friendship is about, perhaps one day we will meet, but there again it might spoil the illusion, probably not, so to you all goodnight and god Bless, Love having you around for ever Foxy
    Like you I think the anonymity of the internet puts the idea first and the ego second; our on-line world is a welcome alternate from our inescapable everyday existence!

Thank you for your on-line comradeship and please accept its humble reciprocation and good wishes. Good night to you and yours and to the all stars that surround us and cradle our earth in the loving arms of their silent certain gravity.

• Advertisement

Last night was a grand display of stars, unfortunately could not see any shooting ones, must admit living away from the city has its advantages the night sky is a source of wonderment. Yes we can stand next to one another in town and never know it, so true my friend.
    Well off to have a look at this new shop this morning and Sams whilst I am at it, it must be quite a boost for the city though didn't we have a Blarney shop where Monsoon is.
    I say one thing I do object to tourists being sold Kilkenny and Irish trinklets that are made in China, or any other obscure manufacturing dynasty; not knocking the Chinese economy, but there again we probably do not have the skills necessary.
    I expect me coffee spoons are not made in Sheffield, ah so much for change.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,414 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Delighted to have foxy back. He/she is a mad yoke but our mad yoke, love your off the wall input 😄

Road_High you and all the other posters are a treasure, thanks a million as I said to Catbear I am humbled by your thoughts, so have a nice day the sun is shining.
    Well went to see the new Sam shop, they have certainly done Kilkenny proud, it will boost the high street that's for sure, never got to the Newbridge shop went into L'Occitane instead in the cross, some delightful fragrances, they have a shop in Kildare Village must try that for the next trip.
    So there you are my thanks once again and really sincere regards, just going to prepare the chicken, free range of course, I can't bear the thought of all the chickens in one big shed and never seethe sun, Foxy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Is it not strange that there is no Kilkenny Shop in Kilkenny?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

madmaggie wrote: »
    Is it not strange that there is no Kilkenny Shop in Kilkenny?:confused:
    There was one originally but they closed it, other than that I don't think the brand has much links to Kilkenny anyway. The founder of Kilkenny Group is the daughter of the founder of Blarney Woolen Mills, and the group is HQ'd in Kerry

Some history here

Quite remarkable I would say, but do I not remember we did have one many moons ago?
    I was in Supervalu the old Superquinn store in Market Cross, it struck me that Fergal Quinn left a lasting legacy, Superquinn was light years in front of any other retailer of groceries in Ireland, and despite Fergal going they have not yet caught up, yes everyone say Loughboy is brilliant for shopping but; you look at the store overall and it despite upgrades falls very much behind Market Cross.
    Musgraves have at least made the most of the Superquinn store which is a pleasure to walk round, it stocks a very wide range of goods, I suspect as being; company owned there is much more access to cash for up-grading whereas the Franchise store is as good as its franchisee.
    Even Aldi or Lidl do not compete neither Dunnes, long may the Superquinn stores remain and why on earth did Fergal Quinn walk out on a unique company

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭youngblood

why on earth did Fergal Quinn walk out on a unique company

Only one reason Im afraid... Money!
    He wasnt a successful business man for nothing!

That is sad, he would have been a vision for the future, a training ground, he really made the shopper feel welcome, I think he wrote a book probably more akin to an assistants bible, thanks again Foxy

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

So.... getting back to the OP. Any news on an opening date?
    Can't imagine jewellers and the likes of Allens will be too happy. The old adage that competition is good for business mightn't hold when you're competing directly against the manufacturer.

slimjimmc wrote: »
    So.... getting back to the OP. Any news on an opening date?
    Can't imagine jewellers and the likes of Allens will be too happy. The old adage that competition is good for business mightn't hold when you're competing directly against the manufacturer.

But if there's only one manufacturer (China) what difference does it make?

• Advertisement

That is no doubt true, made in China or sometimes the PRC, unfortunately it is the current situation, same as Waterford Crystal, so highly prized, though am I right in saying that there are still small glass producers, Tipperary, Galway and Duiske Abbey?
    Does Newbridge have a manufacturing plant here in Ireland or is it all from China.
    Well the Foxy family will have to scour around for some Sheffield made cutlery, if there is any.
    Have a great day, Foxy

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭linny

Opened today was just passing earlier and seemed quite busy

Bravo, it will be tally ho to the high street, this is what Boards is all about, have a great day Foxy, fingers crossed for coffee spoons might look for grapefruit spoons, have the knife, tra

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I'm afraid I must unfollow a thread such as this. Anytime I visit Ye Faire City I inflict almost fatal damage to the Visa card. Telling me of Newbridge and suchlike is highly dangerous.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭lazeedaisy

That is no doubt true, made in China or sometimes the PRC, unfortunately it is the current situation, same as Waterford Crystal, so highly prized, though am I right in saying that there are still small glass producers, Tipperary, Galway and Duiske Abbey?
    Does Newbridge have a manufacturing plant here in Ireland or is it all from China.
    Well the Foxy family will have to scour around for some Sheffield made cutlery, if there is any.
    Have a great day, Foxy

I actually love Jerpoint glass, always a treat foe me.

Advertisement