Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Nissan Leaf

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭Soarer

Morning all.

Just wondering about phone apps for the Leaf. I've searched the AppStore, and it came back with:
    LeafSpy Pro (€20)
    EVA: Leaf - Connect your Nissan Leaf (free)
    LEAF Energy - For The Nissan Leaf

Anyone have any experience of any of the above (I think a few use LeafSpy)? Any recommendations? Especially seeing as the car has reduced capacity.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,119 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Soarer wrote: »
    Morning all.

Just wondering about phone apps for the Leaf. I've searched the AppStore, and it came back with:
    LeafSpy Pro (€20)
    EVA: Leaf - Connect your Nissan Leaf (free)
    LEAF Energy - For The Nissan Leaf

Anyone have any experience of any of the above (I think a few use LeafSpy)? Any recommendations? Especially seeing as the car has reduced capacity.

If you want detailed battery info use leafspy.

If you just want the basics like start charging or start heating use EVA.

There is also the Nissan connect app. You can see reports and other stuff in that inc all the stuff that EVA does.

Cheers KCross.

Is the Nissan Connect one the one that's registered to your VIN number, and the previous owner needs to deregister first?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Cheers KCross.

Is the Nissan Connect one the one that's registered to your VIN number, and the previous owner needs to deregister first?

They all require access to the VIN so make sure the previous owner logs in and deletes the car from his account. The EVA app piggybacks on the Nissan site. So if you cannot log into the Nissan site, no other app will work.

I use :

eCar Connect (charger location)
    Nissan EV (check in charge status etc)
    Have EVA there too but I don't use that. I find the Nissan one just as quick.

You have to create an account on the Nissan You + website and then go to the car and log in etc

If he previous owner cannot remove his car then Nissan will do it for you once you get the log book in your name.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,406 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

Take foot off foot brake and it rolls back!

Is this
    1. normal on the 2016 Leaf
    2. known problem
    3. product enhancement

In passing I use leafSpy pro for tyre pressures and battery temperature.

Just used the Nissan connect app on phone to preheat car

I also use Plugshare to check for recent status updates on CPs when am on the road.
    I also use zap map on the desktop for route planning, might use Nissan connect now that the TCU is fixed

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Advertisement

Take foot off foot brake and it rolls back!

Is this
    1. normal on the 2016 Leaf
    2. known problem
    3. product enhancement

In passing I use leafSpy pro for tyre pressures and battery temperature.

Just used the Nissan connect app on phone to preheat car

I also use Plugshare to check for recent status updates on CPs when am on the road.
    I also use zap map on the desktop for route planning, might use Nissan connect now that the TCU is fixed

It should only roll back very very slightly.
    If your in D and on a hill, keep your foot on the brake until you are at a complete stop. Then if you release the brake it will hold itself.

Great launch control workaround :)

I've been using the Nissan app since I got mine. Find it ok.
    I mainly use it to make sure that when I've plugged in, it's still actually charging (work points are temperamental).

You can pre heat or pre cool, but it's worth noting that when you turn the heater on, it will default to what the last temp was when you got out so for example:

Cold last night, temp set at 22. Lock car.
    Get up this morning, turn on remotely, it goes to 22. Pity you can't control the temp so you can cool or heat.

kceire wrote: »
    It should only roll back very very slightly.
    If your in D and on a hill, keep your foot on the brake until you are at a complete stop. Then if you release the brake it will hold itself.

Great launch control workaround :)
    May have mis written the issue:

Am not talking about roll back on an incline, am in the flat driveway, and taking foot off normal brake, with parking brake on, will allow me reverse out onto the road, with no power required.
    It happened this am, I only noticed it when I switched to drive and pressed the accelerator, no forward motion as parking brake was on.

May have mis written the issue:

Am not talking about roll back on an incline, am in the flat driveway, and taking foot off normal brake, with parking brake on, will allow me reverse out onto the road, with no power required.
    It happened this am, I only noticed it when I switched to drive and pressed the accelerator, no forward motion as parking brake was on.

Ohh ok, may try this later and report back.
    So with handbrake (footlever) on.
    Put in R and see if it goes back?

Ohh ok, may try this later and report back.
    So with handbrake (footlever) on.
    Put in R and see if it goes back?

yes, with NO power applied, just put foot on main brake, turn it on, into reverse and take foot off main brake
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

yes, with NO power applied, just put foot on main brake, turn it on, into reverse and take foot off main brake
    Thanks

Have you the foot(hand) brake pressed down to the floor?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

It's not normal. The parking brake should be holding her solid if properly engaged.

Thanks

Just tried it on level ground.
    Hand brake stopped any movement.

Maybe the handbrake wasn't pressed full down Honda?

Just tried it on level ground.
    Hand brake stopped any movement.

Maybe the handbrake wasn't pressed full down Honda?

Thanks, will look later

Operation Crawl Home has been finalised.

I've gone through the ESB chademo charge points from Dublin to Cork, and this is the list and distances I've come up with:

Starting Point (Dublin)
    36km
    Naas
    28km
    Kildare
    9km
    Mayfield
    28km
    Midway
    26km
    Ballacolla
    20km
    Urlingford
    36km
    Cashel
    20km
    Cahir
    42km
    Fermoy
    39km
    Frankfield
    10km
    Home

My plan is to saunter down the road at between 80-90km/h. Hopefully that'll be a nice balance between speed and economy.
    I'm going to base things on a worst case range of 80km between charges, so that should see things pan out as follows:

Starting Point
    73kms
    Mayfield
    75kms
    Urlingford
    56kms
    Cahir
    81kms
    Frankfield

The last stretch is the longest, but I'm nearly home at that stage, so I don't mind pushing it.
    Once I'm home, the car will be settling in for a life of 20-30km per day for as long as she lasts, so I'll enjoy tomorrow for what it is.

The pain train leaves at 10:20 in the morning! Choo choo!!

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Mope

Looks like you are well prepared. Enjoy her

Cheers mope.

My drl conversion kit arrived this morning, so I can be changing bulbs while I'm charging!

It's either that or eat Easter eggs!

• Registered Users Posts: 65,353 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Sounds a bit painful, but thankfully only a one-off journey

Good luck!

Is Midway - Cahir - Home not possible / doable / preferable?

101km, 102km, 91km. Surely that would work driving like miss Daisy (100km/h)?

unkel wrote: »
    Is Midway - Cahir - Home not possible / doable / preferable?

101km, 102km, 91km. Surely that would work driving like miss Daisy (100km/h)?

Could be.

But I've no idea of what the range is, seeing as it down on capacity.

I'll play it by ear like, but the plan I have is having a worst case 80km range. Anything better is a bonus.

Aye I suppose better safe than sorry. You've reserved all day tomorrow to do the trip anyway and after that the range of the car is largely irrelevant anyway. Do make sure though at your first FCP stop when you are trying to kill time, to post up here with all your details though, incl. what you paid for the car :D

Best of luck for tomorrow!

• Advertisement

Right lads.

Sitting at Mayfield Services filling up the car! ;)

Buying the car went off without a hitch. Seller was a top man, and is actually a relative of someone here on Boards! He doesn't frequent here though.
    Couldn't have been more helpful.
    Car is spot on. Not in concourse condition, but in overall excellent condition.
    Lovely to drive. Reminds me of the Prius, but without the engine kicking in.
    Was gonna aim straight for Mayfield, but decided to have a quick squirt in Naas. Was ICE'd at my first charging point! Was another Leaf charging, so had a quick chat about things.
    Paid €6k for the car, which included the public and granny cables! He also threw in a brand new heated seat cover that runs off the 12V so I'll save on using the heating!

Overall delighted. Can't wait to get it home and show the kids!

Is there any way to display the current charging rate in the car, without having to read the charging point?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭kala85

What year and millage leaf is that

Right lads.

Sitting at Mayfield Services filling up the car! ;)

Buying the car went off without a hitch. Seller was a top man, and is actually a relative of someone here on Boards! He doesn't frequent here though.
    Couldn't have been more helpful.
    Car is spot on. Not in concourse condition, but in overall excellent condition.
    Lovely to drive. Reminds me of the Prius, but without the engine kicking in.
    Was gonna aim straight for Mayfield, but decided to have a quick squirt in Naas. Was ICE'd at my first charging point! Was another Leaf charging, so had a quick chat about things.
    Paid €6k for the car, which included the public and granny cables! He also threw in a brand new heated seat cover that runs off the 12V so I'll save on using the heating!

Overall delighted. Can't wait to get it home and show the kids!

Is there any way to display the current charging rate in the car, without having to read the charging point?

Well wear, Leaf spy pro with the OBD dongle will let you view it. might cost more than the car!

You may also be able to track it on Nissan Connect, which is brutally slow.

ps this might help for those long journeys!!

https://www.evtripplanner.com/planner/2-8/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

If you are asking about the percentage if the battery, look to the cluster of 4 buttons to the right side of the steering wheel wheel on the dash....near where an ignition key woukd usually go. The top left button when pressed will scroll through some options. One of them is the battery percentage. I leave this displayed all the time.

What car ICEd you?

kala85 wrote: »
    What year and millage leaf is that

2011 with 140k kms.

goz83 wrote: »
    If you are asking about the percentage if the battery, look to the cluster of 4 buttons to the right side of the steering wheel wheel on the dash....near where an ignition key woukd usually go. The top left button when pressed will scroll through some options. One of them is the battery percentage. I leave this displayed all the time.

What car ICEd you?

Land Cruiser.

To be fair, he seemed a bit embarrassed when he saw me pulled across in front of his jeep blocking his exit!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,588 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I think social media needs a page dedicated to knobs who ICE charging spots!

We have name and shame for bad parking, no reason why these inconsiderates don't deserve a page of their own.

General question, is it technically illegal to park in an EV charging spot? Can the guards issue a ticket for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭peposhi

Soarer wrote:
    Sitting at Mayfield Services filling up the car!

So it was you I seen earlier on... :)

Well wear... you got yourself a bargain!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭isnottheword

peposhi wrote: »
    Well wear...
    [Offtopic]Never came across this 'well wear' business until I started checking out this (EV) forum![/Offtopic]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

NIMAN wrote: »
    General question, is it technically illegal to park in an EV charging spot? Can the guards issue a ticket for it?

Guards don't issue parking tickets, local authorities do. And traffic wardens generally don't work Sundays.

Advertisement