Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Nissan Leaf

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Round Cable

What rate does the 2018 40 leaf charge at? Is the max 7kwh?

6.6kW on AC.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭from_atozinc

6.6kW on AC.

Thanks. So even a high specced leaf can just charge at 6.6 AC yeah?

Thanks. So even a high specced leaf can just charge at 6.6 AC yeah?

Absolutely, it's the same across all specs. Pity they didn't share the 22kW AC charging system from Renault.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭kennethsmyth

What rate does the 2018 40 leaf charge at? Is the max 7kwh?

6.6 AC
    50 DC (more like 45)

Absolutely, it's the same across all specs. Pity they didn't share the 22kW AC charging system from Renault.

The Zoe uses the windings of the motor to charge v different to Leaf and other cars

• Advertisement

The Zoe uses the windings of the motor to charge v different to Leaf and other cars

Absolutely, and as partner companies, you world think they could have shared the motor too.

What rate does the 28 ioniq charge at via AC?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

7kw I think

• Registered Users Posts: 21,989 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

32a
    7.4kW

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭Laviski

there are two nissan leaf threads, can it be merge or one of them closed?
    link to other thread https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057470095

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

ELM327 wrote: »
    32a
    7.4kW

It's actually limited to 7kW, it varies the amperage depending on voltage.
    Not that 400 watts is going to set the world on fire or anything :pac:.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Gordy6040

Hello all,

I’ve just got a 2015 leaf, charged it for the first time yesterday (don’t have a home charger yet) . Still coming to terms with the dreadful sat nav 😬. Very happy I made the move though.

Just saying hello ðŸ‘ðŸ»

Gordy6040 wrote: »
    Hello all,

I’ve just got a 2015 leaf, charged it for the first time yesterday (don’t have a home charger yet) . Still coming to terms with the dreadful sat nav ��. Very happy I made the move though.

Just saying hello ðŸ‘ðŸ»

Well wear and enjoy the fact we are all only doing small journys (if essential) at the moment. The leaf is perfect runabout/commuter car.

Hello

I have a Nissan leaf.
    I moved to a night meter setup a few months ago................and have my charging set to start at 11pm - to avail of night rates. (11pm - 8am night rate times)

Now that the clocks have moved forward, is the night rate now midnight to 9am ? or does it depend on who supplies your electricity ? (energia for me)

Hello

I have a Nissan leaf.
    I moved to a night meter setup a few months ago................and have my charging set to start at 11pm - to avail of night rates. (11pm - 8am night rate times)

Now that the clocks have moved forward, is the night rate now midnight to 9am ? or does it depend on who supplies your electricity ? (energia for me)
    midnighht to 9am now

You'll hear it click over, see what time it does, as its not always precise. Mine is 1153 to 0853

midnighht to 9am now

You'll hear it click over, see what time it does, as its not always precise. Mine is 1153 to 0853

where will I hear the click? (as in have to stand out at actual box)
    I have a digital meter. as attached, so probably no click etc

edit: sorry about sideways pic, is straight for me locally

looks similar to mine and I hear the click at the fuse box in the apartment. Meter box is downstairs at a shared entrance.

looks similar to mine and I hear the click at the fuse box in the apartment. Meter box is downstairs at a shared entrance.

ah right, ok, so the click at the fuse box in house. will have a listen.

now on my meter box the time is still the old time, it has not moved forwards, is this an error that I need to contact them about

Hello

I have a Nissan leaf.

Set your timer on car from 0.00 to 8.00 and you never need to touch it again this takes both DST into account

• Registered Users Posts: 12,119 ✭✭✭✭KCross

ah right, ok, so the click at the fuse box in house. will have a listen.

No need to listen for clicks... the time shown on the meter itself is what decides it. Nothing else. When the time on the meter reads 11pm thats when night rate kicks in (all year round). Note that the clock on the meter itself does not move forward or backand by an hour for summer/winter. It just stays as it is all year round. When DST kicks in, the clock on the meter will be 11pm when its midnight on your watch.

So, look at the time on the meter and see how many mins ahead/behind actual time and when the meter hits 11pm on its clock, thats when night rate starts for you.

e.g. Lets say its 13:00 right now and your meter is showing 12:05 (because its now behind an hour due to DST but running 5mins fast). At midnight tonight(on your watch) the meter will be reading 23:05 so it will already be 5mins into the night rate.

Also, note this useful tip about setting the timer in the Leaf...
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=112997809&postcount=1397

now on my meter box the time is still the old time, it has not moved forwards, is this an error that I need to contact them about

As above, It's normal.

• Advertisement

KCross wrote: »
    No need to listen for clicks... the time shown on the meter itself is what decides it. Nothing else. When the time on the meter reads 11pm thats when night rate kicks in (all year round). Note that the clock on the meter itself does not move forward or backand by an hour for summer/winter. It just stays as it is all year round. When DST kicks in, the clock on the meter will be 11pm when its midnight on your watch.

So, look at the time on the meter and see how many mins ahead/behind actual time and when the meter hits 11pm on its clock, thats when night rate starts for you.

e.g. Lets say its 13:00 right now and your meter is showing 12:05 (because its now behind an hour due to DST but running 5mins fast). At midnight tonight(on your watch) the meter will be reading 23:05 so it will already be 5mins into the night rate.

Also, note this useful tip about setting the timer in the Leaf...
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=112997809&postcount=1397

As above, It's normal.

ah ok, thank you , this clears it all up.

was just confused when I seen the clock in the meter box with the wrong time and then wasn't 110% sure if the new times were in or not from the electricity supplier point of view.

For the last few months, in the car, ive set it to charge at 11:10 to allow for a few minutes here or there. so will just chnage this to 00:10

thanks again

ah ok, thank you , this clears it all up.

was just confused when I seen the clock in the meter box with the wrong time and then wasn't 110% sure if the new times were in or not from the electricity supplier point of view.

For the last few months, in the car, ive set it to charge at 11:10 to allow for a few minutes here or there. so will just chnage this to 00:10

thanks again

Hold up... It depends on how far ahead or behind the meter is. They can go significantly out of sync... 10,20,30 mins... you need to phyically look at the time shown on the meter and cross check it with the time on your watch... only then will you know when night rate actually starts for you.

And take a look at that link I posted... its better/easier to leave start time blank and set end time only.

Hold up... It depends on how far ahead or behind the meter is. They can go significantly out of sync... 10,20,30 mins... you need to phyically look at the time shown on the meter and cross check it with the time on your watch... only then will you know when night rate actually starts for you.

And take a look at that link I posted... its better/easier to leave start time blank and set end time only.

mine is 4 minutes out, so all good.
    dont get you about start time blank.

Im charging from an external 3 pin plug so need all the time I can get :)

mine is 4 minutes out, so all good.

Cool so.

00:10 will do the finest and night rate finishes at 09:04 for you.

dont get you about start time blank.
    Im charging from an external 3 pin plug so need all the time I can get :)

In the Leaf timer you can set a start and an end time. If you set a start time it will start at exactly that time and end at the end time or whenever it is fully charged.

If you leave the start time blank and set the end time to 09:00 and you come home at say 7pm and plug the car in it will look at what the current charge of the battery is, what power is available and then it will calculate what time it needs to start the charge itself to ensure it hits 100% by 09:00 (or whatever end time you've entered).

e.g. If the car is at 80% when you plug it in it wont start the charge until about 7am as it will only need about 2hrs to get it back to 100%. If you come home and its at 20% it will calculate that it needs 9hrs or so to get back to 100% and it will start it at midnight etc etc..... Basically, the car decides when to start charging and you always get a fully charged battery by the end time and it will also fully utilise night rate.

Cool so.

00:10 will do the finest and night rate finishes at 09:04 for you.

In the Leaf timer you can set a start and an end time. If you set a start time it will start at exactly that time and end at the end time or whenever it is fully charged.

If you leave the start time blank and set the end time to 09:00 and you come home at say 7pm and plug the car in it will look at what the current charge of the battery is, what power is available and then it will calculate what time it needs to start the charge itself to ensure it hits 100% by 09:00 (or whatever end time you've entered).

e.g. If the car is at 80% when you plug it in it wont start the charge until about 7am as it will only need about 2hrs to get it back to 100%. If you come home and its at 20% it will calculate that it needs 9hrs or so to get back to 100% and it will start it at midnight etc etc..... Basically, the car decides when to start charging and you always get a fully charged battery by the end time and it will also fully utilise night rate.

D'oh by me, ah yes, have ya now.

Thanks again for all the detail, sorry for not getting it first time.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Evil_g

Hi folks,

Just spotted this on the EV bargains thread:

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/nissan-leaf-ev-30kw-sve-2016/24203709

Am I missing something, or does €13k for a 161 30kw SVE seem too good to be true?

It appears that because of the mileage just about everything would be out of warranty, so is there anything in particular I should be looking out for?

Could the battery be in bad shape? What's the best way to check this?

Thanks in advance for any guidance you give me.

I mean, the miles are high, 140k km so may be down a bar, but still, 120-150km range possible.
    Check it with leafspy if possible, verify service records and history check. Quite a high reg plate so probably imported, worth while checking UK DVLA records for write off too.

It's very cheap but I don't think it's too cheap for what it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭RichieO

Ask the dealer to verify battery health and ask yourself a bigger more important question, which is, does it really suit your needs, if you need long journeys, it may not be a good choice...

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Evil_g

Thanks guys (or girls).

It would be used for city commutes, and we'd have my wife's ICE Clio for longer trips...so I think it would suit my needs in that regard pretty well.

It would leave us with two small cars though, which is a bit of a worry - but we just have one new born child at the moment, so I think we'd be okay for a few years.

Medium term goal would be to trade up to something like a Nero or Kona, but they're a good bit outside of my price range at the moment.

Something still doesn't feel right about this one though.

I have to admit I like the idea of the SVE's bells and whistles...which might be blinding me to some of the downsides (high mileage, possibly deteriorated battery, very small car).

• Advertisement

The leaf is bigger than the kona.
    The kona you can only fit kids in the back if they have no legs! You'll easily fit a family of 5 (or of 4 if you have two large child seats) in a leaf. Not so in a kona. As a second car in your description, the leaf 30 would fit well.

Advertisement