Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Nissan Leaf

Options

Comments

KCross wrote: »
    The major service is supposed to include brake fluid change.

Other than that they should be changing the cabin filter and all the usual visual inspections to suspension and wipers and water topup.

Thanks for the reply. This should be included in price of service (€140)??

Is this written anywhere that I could refer to if not done?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,119 ✭✭✭✭KCross

TheTorment wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply. This should be included in price of service (€140)??

Is this written anywhere that I could refer to if not done?

The service book in the car, iirc, lists the service schedule.

Rather than having a fight at the end why not ring them beforehand and confirm that they are doing those things. €140 sounds a little light for getting the brake fluid replaced so my guess is they are not doing it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

I pay €79 for an annual “service” for our L30 so €140 sounds okay for fluid change.This is main Nissan dealer and I replace the cabin air filter myself.

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

Car left in this morning and just been told that service is €275

Added was the brake fluid flush and change and pollen filter.

Bit taken back by that being honest....

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭goob20s

Has anybody here used obd2 to turn off charge port beeps on a 40 KW leaf? Tried it with leafspy pro but it won't turn off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

That seems very steep to be honest. So much for the adage EVs cost next to nothing to service/maintain :(.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭BENDYBINN

How often should pollen filter be changed?
    What happens if its not?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

BENDYBINN wrote: »
    What happens if its not?

It's for cabin comfort & I doubt you'd notice much difference if it wasn't changed on the dot. Perhaps the cabin might become more stuffy over time, if the old filter became clogged, maybe suffer more condensation/misting or get that wet dog smell. I'd say that would be worst case scenario though & unlikely.

I guess a pollen filter should be changed at 30,000km approx & they aren't expensive, especially if you can DIY it - should be plenty of youtube videos on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

BENDYBINN wrote: »

I always do mine yearly along with friends/relatives throughout the year. Most filters are under €20 and only take a few minutes to change.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭deadduck

That’s very expensive. I can’t find my service invoice right now, but I think mine (incl. brake fluid change) was approx €180. Certainly less than €200 anyway. And the service prior to that was approx. €120

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭Zenith74

Nissan have announced some slight tweaks to Leaf pricing and some new features - https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/nissan/leaf/108707/updated-nissan-leaf-launched-more-tech-and-lower-price

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭Genghis

Service booked today for a 161 L30. Indicated cost €110 to €120, but am not sure on brake fluid being included. It's a Nissan garage.

Will they update software e.g. BMS software or is that something you need to request? How do I identify current version and latest available version?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,119 ✭✭✭✭KCross

They wont update any software unless its part of a recall that they will then get paid for by Hissan HQ.

If you book it in for a routine service they will simply change cabin filter (if due), visual inspection, change brake fluid(if due), topup up washer fluid and stamp the book. Thats it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,372 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

That's pretty steep, my last service was €170 I think from the Nissan garage, included an AC flush with ozone which made the car smell new for a few days

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭Zenith74

€120 in Windor Nissan Raheny last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭Genghis

KCross wrote: »
    They wont update any software unless its part of a recall that they will then get paid for by Hissan HQ.

If you book it in for a routine service they will simply change cabin filter (if due), visual inspection, change brake fluid(if due), topup up washer fluid and stamp the book. Thats it.

They were doing a recall job too (something to do with the battery earth plate), yer man said he'd check the software. When I got the car back it was reset to miles (UK import so I guess that's default?), So might be the software was updated?

Anyway, worked out at €118 all in., incl brake fluid ... €6 of this for "Covid19 sanitisation ";)

Genghis wrote: »
    They were doing a recall job too (something to do with the battery earth plate), yer man said he'd check the software. When I got the car back it was reset to miles (UK import so I guess that's default?), So might be the software was updated?

Anyway, worked out at €118 all in., incl brake fluid ... €6 of this for "Covid19 sanitisation ";)

€118????

Was the brake fluid just topped up or flushed and changed?

I really was ripped off with €275

• Registered Users Posts: 13,771 ✭✭✭✭JPA

€118????

Was the brake fluid just topped up or flushed and changed?

I really was ripped off with €275

You were 100% ripped off.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭zenith90

Currently have an issue with my 2016 Leaf where the top left trip computer button below driver's vent does not work.

See 2-27 in owners manual, normally this toggles between Charging time → Energy economy → State of charge etc.
    https://owners.nissanusa.com/content/techpub/ManualsAndGuides/LEAF/2015/2015-LEAF-owner-manual.pdf

Are there any guides on replacing these buttons or how to remove this section of the dash to access the buttons?

Due to leave car in for battery plates recall and would like to attempt replacing this myself first or least disassemble the dash to mitigate the cost for Nissan to fix.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 ianm1990

https://m.carzone.ie/used-cars/Nissan/Leaf-EV-XE-FAST-CHARGE-4DR-AUT/202007101078134

Anything i should look out for on one of these , seems a very basic model , but also on the cheap side regarding the milea

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭loopymum

ianm1990 wrote: »
    https://m.carzone.ie/used-cars/Nissan/Leaf-EV-XE-FAST-CHARGE-4DR-AUT/202007101078134

Anything i should look out for on one of these , seems a very basic model , but also on the cheap side regarding the milea

Seems pricey to me, looks like it's a 24kw as well as its doesnt say 30kw.
    It's also xe so wouldn't have the infotainment and telematics which isn't a huge deal but the reverse camera is very handy.

I really wouldnt worry about mileage with an eV. I'm driving a high mileage leaf and it drives like new

loopymum wrote: »
    Seems pricey to me, looks like it's a 24kw as well as its doesnt say 30kw.
    It's also xe so wouldn't have the infotainment and telematics which isn't a huge deal but the reverse camera is very handy.

I really wouldnt worry about mileage with an eV. I'm driving a high mileage leaf and it drives like new

thanks for the reply , we're in the market for a second hand car budget 15k , I have never toyed with the idea of going eletric , but my wife does not do high mileage at all and it will be primarily her car !

her current car an 04 yaris has 90k miles on it!!

Are the batteries etc reliable in say a 2016/2017 leaf?.

thanks for the reply , we're in the market for a second hand car budget 15k , I have never toyed with the idea of going eletric , but my wife does not do high mileage at all and it will be primarily her car !

The 24kWh leafs have a 5 year battery warranty, so they'll be out of warranty soon.

That's not exactly a deal breaker as many of them will continue to be useful for years to come and if as you say, it's a low mileage car then you're unlikely to ever have range

In terms of reliability, I've had a 2016 Leaf for about 3 years now and nothing mechanical or electrical has gone wrong so far

Two questions before you go electric

Do you have a driveway off street where you can have a charger or external socket?
    Do you own your house, or can you get landlord permission to install a charger?

You can live off public charging if needed, but especially with a leaf it's a lot easier and cheaper to charge at home

Two questions before you go electric

Do you have a driveway off street where you can have a charger or external socket?
    Do you own your house, or can you get landlord permission to install a charger?

You can live off public charging if needed, but especially with a leaf it's a lot easier and cheaper to charge at home

yes I own my own house so could use this for over night charging , also my job has 2 charging points . Seen a nice leaf in windsor motorhall tekna model aswell , going to try and view it.

Its a 24kwh , anything I should be asking or anything major I should be looking at??

I’d avoid a 24Leaf if you can afford it, you will get longer peace of mind battery warranty with the 30Leaf plus better range, especially in Winter months

slave1 wrote: »
    I’d avoid a 24Leaf if you can afford it, you will get longer peace of mind battery warranty with the 30Leaf plus better range, especially in Winter months

Well if it's a second car and you can get a good deal then it should be fine

yes I own my own house so could use this for over night charging , also my job has 2 charging points . Seen a nice leaf in windsor motorhall tekna model aswell , going to try and view it.

Its a 24kwh , anything I should be asking or anything major I should be looking at??

One thing that's annoying about the tekna is that there's a subwoofer in the boot which sits exactly where you'd want to put anything, majorly dumb bit of design there

Check the battery health meter in the cockpit, it's just to the right of the GOM on the right of the instrument cluster. There'll be a thin ribbon of 12 bars. If it has 12/12 that means it's got at least 85% battery health remaining and won't impact your range. Anything below that and it'll start eating into the usable capacity.

Ideally ask for a battery health report, the Nissan garages can do those and they'll give you the health as a percentage

Also, check what charging cable it comes with, sometimes you get the 3 pin cable, sometimes you get a Type1 to Type2 cable.

A Leaf24 with 12 bars will give you about 100-125km of range in my experience. I'd look at your daily driving and ensure it fits into that at the very least

Well if it's a second car and you can get a good deal then it should be fine

True but say the L24 loses its appeal because of battery degradation in say, 4 years time, if the car is a L30 then it will still be "of use" for an additional 4 years because of the higher capacity...just a thought

• Advertisement

My 162 L30 in for NCT this afternoon, just gonna fill the washer fluid!!!

Advertisement