Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Nissan Leaf

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

...and she passed, zero issues

Alignment Front -5.0m/Km
    Alignment Rear -12.0m/Km
    Front Axel Imbalance 8%
    Rear Axel Imbalance 3%
    Service Brake 87%
    Parking Brake 38%

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭kennethsmyth

Is the Nissan connect EV login app down today, it kett etc ps thinking I’m logged in in another device - I’m not

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭cannco253

Working fine for me today.

Can I ask how much people are paying for insurance on a Leaf? Got my renewal today (first time with the 2016 Leaf) and it's gone up to roughly EUR500 from just under EUR400 previously for old Primera. I know it depends on location, age, etc but would you expect premiums for EVs to be higher then ICE cars?

Was also told by Aviva that sometimes they can't find the exact car spec on their system and go with the nearest model, the strange thing was that they were using UK model names (Tekna) when the car is an Irish car and should be shown as SVE?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,119 ✭✭✭✭KCross

cannco253 wrote: »
    Can I ask how much people are paying for insurance on a Leaf? Got my renewal today (first time with the 2016 Leaf) and it's gone up to roughly EUR500 from just under EUR400 previously for old Primera. I know it depends on location, age, etc but would you expect premiums for EVs to be higher then ICE cars?

No reason for it to go up relative to a Primera unless that was 3rd party only insurance and now you are fully comp even then it shouldnt go up €500.

My insurance on the Leaf over the last 5 years was always between €280-€350 iirc and that was for fully comp and a named driver. I do have multiple policies with them so maybe I'm getting some extra discount but that would be €50-€100 at most.
    Was also told by Aviva that sometimes they can't find the exact car spec on their system and go with the nearest model, the strange thing was that they were using UK model names (Tekna) when the car is an Irish car and should be shown as SVE?

I've been with Aviva the last few years.
    Listing it as a Teka instead of an SVE wont make any difference. A Leaf is a Leaf really other than the price you are insuring it for.

Like most insurance you simply have to ring around and get better quotes. Your renewal sounds like they dont want your business, so oblige them and move to another.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,372 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Working fine for me today.

I had a similar experience when changing from my old Auris to the Leaf, I had to get the insurance changed over and the price went up by over €100. I wasn't really in a position to argue then as I'd just renewed the policy and didn't want to cancel it. I was with AXA then

I'm with Aviva now and paying around 430 for a 2016 Leaf Acenta. That's with full NCD, no points, no claims, 2nd named driver, excess set to max and no extras. Also have house insurance and wife's car with Avivia, so more discounts there

My experience with insurance renewal is that it's a total scam. The price always just magically goes up and they're hoping you'll just pay it.

It's always best to go into the website as a new customer and see how much it'll be. I'll bet it'll be around the same as you're paying now or lower.

There's nothing that stops you going with the same insurer as a new customer, so you can just go with the new quote, or call them up and tell them you got a cheaper quote from their own website and they might try to match your existing policy to the new price

As always, it's best to shop around, check 2 or 3 other providers as well to get the best price

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,398 ✭✭✭randombar

Has anyone contemplated going to sell and go to the UK again for vrt discount? I'm guessing you could move up a year and maybe break even if you got a good price for what you had?

GaryCocs wrote: »
    Has anyone contemplated going to sell and go to the UK again for vrt discount? I'm guessing you could move up a year and maybe break even if you got a good price for what you had?

If you mean the 7% VRT rate then that won't kick in until 2021, at which point you'll need to pay 23% VAT and 10% Customs duty to bring in a car from GB (but not NI as they're within the EU customs zone).

So if you're contemplating a UK import, it's now or never

If you mean the 7% VRT rate then that won't kick in until 2021, at which point you'll need to pay 23% VAT and 10% Customs duty to bring in a car from GB (but not NI as they're within the EU customs zone).

So if you're contemplating a UK import, it's now or never

I've done one already, got a good deal and I reckon two years on I might get what I paid for it if I sold it. Crazy thoughts of going again.

I've done one already, got a good deal and I reckon two years on I might get what I paid for it if I sold it. Crazy thoughts of going again.

Well if it's a Leaf you're looking at getting, not sure what the advantage is unless you can get an e+ on the cheap. I don't think they've upgraded the spec since the 2018 model came out

I've got my eye on an eNiro which is going fairly cheap (in eNiro terms) for the missus. Unfortunately covid and lack of funds prevent us from going and getting it

• Registered Users Posts: 13,771 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Well if it's a Leaf you're looking at getting, not sure what the advantage is unless you can get an e+ on the cheap. I don't think they've upgraded the spec since the 2018 model came out

I've got my eye on an eNiro which is going fairly cheap (in eNiro terms) for the missus. Unfortunately covid and lack of funds prevent us from going and getting it

I have my eye on a taycan, but ya know, lack of funds.

• Advertisement

I've a 161 so would love to change to the newer model or the egolf (sorry for mentioning VW)

Im looking at the 10 to 14 k price range.

I've a 161 so would love to change to the newer model or the egolf (sorry for mentioning VW)

Im looking at the 10 to 14 k price range.

Ah, I thought you'd a 2018 Leaf40, yeah upgrading from the 2016 would be good.

If you have a Leaf24 you might not get what you want from it, they seem to be going for around 10k these days. The Leaf30 seems to hold its value better with the longer warranty and better range

Ah, I thought you'd a 2018 Leaf40, yeah upgrading from the 2016 would be good.

If you have a Leaf24 you might not get what you want from it, they seem to be going for around 10k these days. The Leaf30 seems to hold its value better with the longer warranty and better range

Ya it's the 24 but top-spec Tekna so maybe might reach the 11, dont really know at all. But even at that, could I get a 171 Leaf30 from the UK and break even?

Ya it's the 24 but top-spec Tekna so maybe might reach the 11, dont really know at all. But even at that, could I get a 171 Leaf30 from the UK and break even?

That could be an idea, especially since the Leaf24 is losing value rapidly

Hmmm might get my skates on so putting it up.

Need to buy that dongle thing so to check my SOH etc.

Any recommendations on amazon?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,825 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

Woohoo joining the leaf club. All agreed and paid and now just waiting for my 172 Tekna to be delivered.
    Its a great early Christmas present for myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭loopymum

Woohoo joining the leaf club. All agreed and paid and now just waiting for my 172 Tekna to be delivered.
    Its a great early Christmas present for myself.

Who did you get to bring the car over and how much?

• Registered Users Posts: 39 ianm1990

I'm about to pull the trigger on a 142 24kw tekna model leaf , pricey at 12k but have a brand new 2 year nct and 3 year warranty with it , has 96k km on it.

Waiting on the battery health check that will be done on Monday, anything I should be looking out for on this report ?

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭DM1983

ianm1990 wrote: »
    I'm about to pull the trigger on a 142 24kw tekna model leaf , pricey at 12k but have a brand new 2 year nct and 3 year warranty with it , has 96k km on it.

Waiting on the battery health check that will be done on Monday, anything I should be looking out for on this report ?

Man that is really not a great price. The warranty is not worth much because faults with these cars are almost unheard of. NCT also worthless. 12k should get you into an early 30kwh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Orebro

That sounds at least 3/4k too expensive - you'd be mad to pay that much, you wouldn't be far off a 2016 30Kwh for that money.

Orebro wrote: »
    That sounds at least 3/4k too expensive - you'd be mad to pay that much, you wouldn't be far off a 2016 30Kwh for that money.

Back to the drawing board !!

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭wush06

Is the uk an option for you as you might pick up a better deal with no vrt for electric cars at the moment.

wush06 wrote: »
    Is the uk an option for you as you might pick up a better deal with no vrt for electric cars at the moment.

unfortunately uk would be out of the question ! My max budget is 13k ! I'll scroll through carzone , unfortunately at that price I wouldn't go private.

unfortunately uk would be out of the question ! My max budget is 13k ! I'll scroll through carzone , unfortunately at that price I wouldn't go private.

Just idea on what you could get

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭DM1983

You really should consider it. Leafspy is a phone app that let's you check the battery health of any Nissan Leaf if you have an obd2 Bluetooth dongle. You should get one of these anyway if you plan on owning a leaf. With that information in hand, there really is little or no risk going private. I know that some people hate buying private but electric cars are so simple. Easy savings and your budget will go a lot further.

wush06 wrote: »
    Just idea on what you could get

Photo attached

I seen a few adds on donedeal such as this

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/nissan-leaf-tekna-sve-6-6kw-charger/26376598

Or thise anybody have one on here that there looking to sell on?.

I seen a few adds on donedeal such as this

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/nissan-leaf-tekna-sve-6-6kw-charger/26376598

Or thise anybody have one on here that there looking to sell on?.

That seems like a very good deal considering it’s 6.6 tekna. I might be looking to sell myself in a couple of weeks. 161 tekna. I’d be looking for a bit more than the car above though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,316 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Give me your 13k, and I’ll get you a 30 kWh from the uk.
    No way you should be spending that on a 14 L24. I sold my immaculate 2014 L24 nearly 3 years ago for 11k. And even at that , it was one of the higher[rices leaf’s and I still made profit on that after bringing it home from the uk 2 years earlier!

Advertisement