Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Nissan Leaf

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭KAGY

Can you get a blank fob for the leaf and program it. Official nissan price is €211. Lost the 2nd key and just want backup

• Registered Users Posts: 39 ianm1990

Would a battery health of 86% as per leaf spy on a 24kw 2015 leaf be good?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,119 ✭✭✭✭KCross

ianm1990 wrote: »

about right
    It does mean you are about to lose that first bar.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,316 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I’d say yes.
    My 2014 was 84% when I was selling near 3 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

unfortunately uk would be out of the question ! My max budget is 13k ! I'll scroll through carzone , unfortunately at that price I wouldn't go private.

Im going to be selling my 142 Tekna 24kW with the 6.6 charger and solar panel with 67k km/42k miles and 89% SoH soon for around €10k. I am waiting for the fresh NCT in Jan before selling it. If you would be interested let me know as im sure it will pass and would even pay for the test if you wanted to take it as is.

I have my eye on a Leaf40 or two and used UK imports are questionable in the new year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 ianm1990

Stealthirl wrote: »
    Im going to be selling my 142 Tekna 24kW with the 6.6 charger and solar panel with 67k km/42k miles and 89% SoH soon for around €10k. I am waiting for the fresh NCT in Jan before selling it. If you would be interested let me know as im sure it will pass and would even pay for the test if you wanted to take it as is.

I have my eye on a Leaf40 or two and used UK imports are questionable in the new year.

Thanks for the offer , got sorted with Simon from eco next car !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭jasonb

I signed up for the eCars introductory offer of 1 year at the cheaper rate without having to pay the monthly charge. I think that's now expiring, any idea how I change back to the normal rate? I don't use public chargers enough to pay the monthly charge. I've had a look at their website and I can't see an option to change account type.

Thanks...

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭olearydc

Thanks for the offer , got sorted with Simon from eco next car !

Good stuff and well wear - have leafs for over 3 years - Great Cars
    The last time I checked, a few months back was getting 90%+ SOH on my 2015 Tekna

I Will have to be selling mine soon, next few weeks (must wash it first!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

jasonb wrote: »
    how I change back to the normal rate? I don't use public chargers enough to pay the monthly charge.

The monthly rate likely makes no sense for 99% of EV owners.

You have to phone them to revert your account to PAYG.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,372 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

I signed up for the eCars introductory offer of 1 year at the cheaper rate without having to pay the monthly charge. I think that's now expiring, any idea how I change back to the normal rate? I don't use public chargers enough to pay the monthly charge. I've had a look at their website and I can't see an option to change account type.

Thanks...

The subscription is totally worthless, you need to be doing 15,000km of DC only driving per year to break even

You need to call them up to change, there's no option on the phone for existing customers so just press the button for new customers and tell them what you want.

You'll need to top-up by €20 for the PAYG account

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,598 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Had an issue trying to publicly charge today, wonder if anyone could shed any light on what issue might be?

I haven't used a public charger in a long long time btw. Its usually all done at home.

This problem happened with both the new style esb charger and the old style....I tried both today.

Basically I followed the usual procedure.

1) cancelled my timer charging, so the centre blue light was lit as expected.
    2) presented my card to machine
    3) attached charging lead to charger
    4) attached to my Leaf

This resulted in the light flashing for a few seconds as if charging as normal.
    Then there was a clunk noise and it reverted to just the 3rd light flashing.
    Tried a few more times, each time same thing happened.

Moved to another charging station at other end of town, exact same thing happened. Tried a few times there too.

So anyone any idea?

Is it an issue with my card, my cable or my Leaf?

NIMAN wrote: »
    Had an issue trying to publicly charge today, wonder if anyone could shed any light on what issue might be?

I haven't used a public charger in a long long time btw. Its usually all done at home.

This problem happened with both the new style esb charger and the old style....I tried both today.

Basically I followed the usual procedure.

1) cancelled my timer charging, so the centre blue light was lit as expected.
    2) presented my card to machine
    3) attached charging lead to charger
    4) attached to my Leaf

This resulted in the light flashing for a few seconds as if charging as normal.
    Then there was a clunk noise and it reverted to just the 3rd light flashing.
    Tried a few more times, each time same thing happened.

Moved to another charging station at other end of town, exact same thing happened. Tried a few times there too.

So anyone any idea?

Is it an issue with my card, my cable or my Leaf?

Don't you need to disable the charge timer AFTER plugging in the car?

Nope, on my 151 L24 I unlock the charging port, disable the charge timer and then plug in the cable for it to charge. Maybe you can do it either way though?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭loopymum

Nope, on my 151 L24 I unlock the charging port, disable the charge timer and then plug in the cable for it to charge. Maybe you can do it either way though?

pretty sure I've done it both ways in my car

Could you have pressed it twice accidentally?

loopymum wrote: »
    pretty sure I've done it both ways in my car

Could you have pressed it twice accidentally?

Not 4 or 5 times.

I did a quick google...

https://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?t=26304

https://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?t=24696%5Bu%5D%5Bu

Neither thread sounds like a quick fix, if that's what's wrong with yours.

I always did it after plugging in, so I can hear the beep when it starts charging.

It must work both ways though, since as you say you can do it the other way around

I did a quick google...

https://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?t=26304

https://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?t=24696%5Bu%5D%5Bu

Neither thread sounds like a quick fix, if that's what's wrong with yours.

Hopefully nothing as complicated as that.

It charges at home perfectly. No issues.

And I have charged publicly before ok.

In case it might be my 12v battery, how many bars do these normally display? Mine has been at 4 for a while, but after my 3rd blue light flashed for 5 mins today, it went to 5 bars, so it appears it got charged a bit?

If I disconnect my 12v battery and recharge it overnight, do you lose everything from your settings?

Hopefully nothing as complicated as that.

It charges at home perfectly. No issues.

And I have charged publicly before ok.

In case it might be my 12v battery, how many bars do these normally display? Mine has been at 4 for a while, but after my 3rd blue light flashed for 5 mins today, it went to 5 bars, so it appears it got charged a bit?

If I disconnect my 12v battery and recharge it overnight, do you lose everything from your settings?

Do you mean the bar on the left side of the instrument cluster? I'm pretty sure that's the battery temperature.

If it is then 4 bars going to 5 when charging sounds about right

Yup think you're right, never really looked at that display before.
    Thought it might have been my 12v battery!

Anyway it seems my 12v battery isnt showing the little green dot when you look at it from above to say it's on good state of charge. I am going to trickle charge it overnight to make sure that isn't an issue.

Will then head to a public charger again tomorrow and try again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭optimal

Yup think you're right, never really looked at that display before.
    Thought it might have been my 12v battery!

Anyway it seems my 12v battery isnt showing the little green dot when you look at it from above to say it's on good state of charge. I am going to trickle charge it overnight to make sure that isn't an issue.

Will then head to a public charger again tomorrow and try again.

Might also be worth setting your charging timer so that the current time is between start and stop just to see if that makes any difference. I had a similar symptom with my home Zappi and was able to fix by changing a setting in the Zappi

It's just strange that the timer was always set on my Leaf for years, and I have had successful public charges ok by simply cancelling the timer and plugging in.

Just not working now, so will rule out the 12v battery as a potential issue to begin with, since it was mentioned on those links above.

If still same after that, I know it's either my account with esb cars or my charging cable.

Edit: just to clarify, is charging in Ireland on standard chargers still free? Isn't it only fast chargers you have to pay for? I'm just thinking if there is no such thing as free charging any more, then maybe that's the issue, as my esb card is the one I have had for years when I got it for free.

2nd edit: appears there is no free charging any more! That probably explains it.

https://www.siliconrepublic.com/machines/irish-ev-standard-charging-points-how-much

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭optimal

It's just strange that the timer was always set on my Leaf for years, and I have had successful public charges ok by simply cancelling the timer and plugging in.

Just not working now, so will rule out the 12v battery as a potential issue to begin with, since it was mentioned on those links above.

If still same after that, I know it's either my account with esb cars or my charging cable.

Edit: just to clarify, is charging in Ireland on standard chargers still free? Isn't it only fast chargers you have to pay for? I'm just thinking if there is no such thing as free charging any more, then maybe that's the issue, as my esb card is the one I have had for years when I got it for free.

2nd edit: appears there is no free charging any more! That probably explains it.

https://www.siliconrepublic.com/machines/irish-ev-standard-charging-points-how-much

No, no free charging any more :). As against that, chargers are generally pretty available!

Mystery solved.

Does anyone know if NI public charging is still free, just curious.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭obi604

Have a 2014 Nissan Leaf.
    Just noticed the main left headlight is gone.

Anyone know what they are like to replace? Painful or ok

Is it just a standard bulb?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭highdef

obi604 wrote: »
    Have a 2014 Nissan Leaf.
    Just noticed the main left headlight is gone.

Anyone know what they are like to replace? Painful or ok

Is it just a standard bulb?

When you say "main left headlight", can I assume that you are referring to the full beam rather than the dipped beam?

highdef wrote: »
    When you say "main left headlight", can I assume that you are referring to the full beam rather than the dipped beam?

Yep.

Yep.

Managed to get the faulty bulb out after some to’ing and fro’ing. A nicely hidden clip and hard to access area added to it.
    Some images below of bad bulb. How much roughly for a replacement.

https://ibb.co/37tyg5h
    https://ibb.co/sFCRs7y
    https://ibb.co/HC7XrRX

Managed to get the faulty bulb out after some to’ing and fro’ing. A nicely hidden clip and hard to access area added to it.
    Some images below of bad bulb. How much roughly for a replacement.

https://ibb.co/37tyg5h
    https://ibb.co/sFCRs7y
    https://ibb.co/HC7XrRX

ignore, popped down to local hardware shop and got a 'H4' bulb for 2.50

Kinda finicky to remove first time, but now ive done it once, will be fine for again :)

Unscrew a circular plastic disc to get access
    unplug the cable from back of bulb
    pinch together a clip to release the bulb
    pull out bulb

I lead a sad life, simple things like doing this give me a sense of accomplishment :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,413 ✭✭✭✭Water John

My Leaf was getting very difficult top plug in, was afraid I would fail at some stage and get stuck. Went investigating, there's a flat water seal in the lead head that connects to the car, (in most things it's a O ring you'd have in a place like that but have seen flat as well), it has popped out of its groove and was being squashed forward. Booked into the garage Monday morning. We'll se how much that costs or would a replacement lead be cheaper?

Advertisement