Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Nissan Leaf

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,119 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Water John wrote: »
    My Leaf was getting very difficult top plug in, was afraid I would fail at some stage and get stuck. Went investigating, there's a flat water seal in the lead head that connects to the car, (in most things it's a O ring you'd have in a place like that but have seen flat as well), it has popped out of its groove and was being squashed forward. Booked into the garage Monday morning. We'll se how much that costs or would a replacement lead be cheaper?

Had the same issue a while back. Its easy to pop that open and put it back in its place.

No need for a garage visit.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭obi604

My Leaf was getting very difficult top plug in, was afraid I would fail at some stage and get stuck. Went investigating, there's a flat water seal in the lead head that connects to the car, (in most things it's a O ring you'd have in a place like that but have seen flat as well), it has popped out of its groove and was being squashed forward. Booked into the garage Monday morning. We'll se how much that costs or would a replacement lead be cheaper?

could you show a picture of your lead?

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭gary29428

Hi, just wonder if there is a way of checking the battery health on a 2019 40kw leaf.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 21,411 ✭✭✭✭Water John

KCross wrote: »
    Had the same issue a while back. Its easy to pop that open and put it back in its place.

No need for a garage visit.

Do you mean, open the seven philip screws and split it?

obi604 wrote: »
    could you show a picture of your lead?

Sorry, despite a handy number of posts I haven't mastered putting up pics.

The screws have a 5 star head and a male centre, don't have anything in my kit for it.

• Advertisement

Do you mean, open the seven philip screws and split it?

No, there is a small latch that you can push with a flat screwdriver that allows you to slide out a piece of plastic that holds that seal in place, re-seat that seal and then you just push the plastic back in until it latches again.... dont go splitting the lead open.

Hard to describe in words!

Cross, thanks for that.

Feckin magic, done in 10 mins. Really really grateful KCross.

No, there is a small latch that you can push with a flat screwdriver that allows you to slide out a piece of plastic that holds that seal in place, re-seat that seal and then you just push the plastic back in until it latches again.... dont go splitting the lead open.

Hard to describe in words!

Is this on the part you insert in to the car?
    Is it only on the specific Nissan chargers.

Is this on the part you insert in to the car?
    Is it only on the specific Nissan chargers.

Yes, car end of lead

On Nissan lead. Don’t know about others.

• Advertisement

Yes, car end of lead

On Nissan lead. Don’t know about others.

I took a picture of mine. The picture is the car end of my 3 pin plug cable.
    Not sure where the flat water seal is

https://ibb.co/85rwv5Y

I took a picture of mine. The picture is the car end of my 3 pin plug cable.
    Not sure where the flat water seal is

https://ibb.co/85rwv5Y

Its that coloured piece inside the plug... its like an o-ring.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭icom

The 2021 Nissan Leaf.

Now With 0% Finance, Free Service & Free Charger!!

Link: https://bit.ly/3nRJFwO

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,021 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

icom wrote: »
    The 2021 Nissan Leaf.

LOL, free charger if you sign up to Electric Ireland for 24 months and ALSO must qualify for the grant

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

icom wrote: »
    The 2021 Nissan Leaf.

I'd be interested in upgrading my 171 Tekna to a 40KW SVE

I'd prefer HP finance. Can anyone tell me can put the full value of my Tekna against the deposit of the new Leaf please?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,372 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

slave1 wrote: »
    LOL, free charger if you sign up to Electric Ireland for 24 months and ALSO must qualify for the grant

Jesus, that's a total scam, free charger in exchange for getting ripped off on the electricity prices

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

TheTorment wrote: »
    I'd be interested in upgrading my 171 Tekna to a 40KW SVE

I'd prefer HP finance. Can anyone tell me can put the full value of my Tekna against the deposit of the new Leaf please?

Yes it should be doable, it's essentially a trade in against a new car. Is there any outstanding finance on the car? That'll need to be paid off so you'll need to factor that in

You won't get the price the car is currently selling for, the dealer will want to make some profit

Depending on how much you get for your car, you may have to pay additional cash to get to the minimum deposit

• Registered Users Posts: 33,594 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Jesus, that's a total scam, free charger in exchange for getting ripped off on the electricity prices

Didn't anyone who bought an ev, new or used, get a grant which more or less meant a free charger anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,398 ✭✭✭randombar

Selling my 161 leaf to move up to a 171

Priced high but the usual boardsies discounts if anyone is interested.

https://www.adverts.ie/car/nissan/leaf/2016-nissan-leaf/22418167

Is the Nissan App working for the rest of ye?

Hasn’t worked for me in the last 3/4 days.
    I am on the latest version.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,021 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Is the Nissan App working for the rest of ye?

Hasn’t worked for me in the last 3/4 days.
    I am on the latest version.

Just tried mine (first time in a week or so) and not working either

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

slave1 wrote: »
    Just tried mine (first time in a week or so) and not working either

thanks, now I know sometimes it can take a few goes for it to work, you may have to shut it down, even power off phone etc etc but still no luck

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭loopymum

I'm using My Leaf and it's working for me today and last night, wasn't working the day before I think

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭KAGY

Not just re Nissan Leaf, but important enough to get the news out. Saw this on the ecars thread
    scudodave wrote: »
    ecars have started to charge a monthly fee of 4.60 as the introductory offer has run out,I was unable to change to pay as you go on the ecar site but I was able to change by phoning ecars,they require 20 euro credit from a card, no refund on unused membership

I only used the ecars chargers on 3 occasions during 2020 so membership makes no sense for me.

KAGY wrote: »
    Not just re Nissan Leaf, but important enough to get the news out. Saw this on the ecars thread

Thanks for this....just cancelled there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭jasonb

My Leaf was getting very difficult top plug in, was afraid I would fail at some stage and get stuck. Went investigating, there's a flat water seal in the lead head that connects to the car, (in most things it's a O ring you'd have in a place like that but have seen flat as well), it has popped out of its groove and was being squashed forward.

Well now, I've had this problem for a while, but hadn't really looked into it much as I rarely use a public charger, and somehow had not noticed that the o-ring on mine was also squashed out.

And now, after 2 minutes work, it's fixed! Thanks for the tip! :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,316 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

NIMAN wrote: »
    Didn't anyone who bought an ev, new or used, get a grant which more or less meant a free charger anyway?

Grant is €600.
    Typical install is about €1000-1100 and higher for the smarter units and if priority switch required.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭BENDYBINN

Gumbo wrote: »
    Grant is €600.
    Typical install is about €1000-1100 and higher for the smarter units and if priority switch required.

How long does the installation take and why so expensive?

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭gary29428

BENDYBINN wrote: »

I got mine with ESB, cost 900 all in, (300 after grant). It's the EO mini and installation took about 2hrs. It's in now about 3 months and working perfect. Got the 600 back just before Christmas.

• Advertisement

BENDYBINN wrote: »

The cynical response would be that the installation cost went up by around €600 when the grant came out

I'm not entirely joking, I got mine installed in 2018, just when the grant started. The fuse board is in the middle of the house and the wire was routed out via an air duct then through steel conduit along the side of the house.

Maybe 12-15m of wire, plus a fuse and sub board (ran out of spaces on the main board) and installation of the charger cost around €700, and that included a wire brought outside to power the shed at some point. Took about a day all told

I got cheaper quotes to take the wire out via trunking but I wanted it concealed inside

So I'm pretty sure the prices went up considerably as soon as the installers figured out how the grant works

Advertisement