Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Nissan Leaf

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,119 ✭✭✭✭KCross

TheTorment wrote: »
    Mine is a 17 Tekna 30KW

It has that indicator that shows the offending wheel too.

ok, so which wheel is it signifying it has an issue with? Get that sensor checked.

If all you are getting is the light and no indication of which wheel I'd say you will need to go back to the tyre fitter (since you said a reset hasnt helped) to see if they broke one of the sensors, which will require each tyre to come off one by one.

KCross wrote: »
    ok, so which wheel is it signifying it has an issue with? Get that sensor checked.

If all you are getting is the light and no indication of which wheel I'd say you will need to go back to the tyre fitter (since you said a reset hasnt helped) to see if they broke one of the sensors, which will require each tyre to come off one by one.

Sorry...crossed wires I think. What i meant was that my car also has that indicator light which shows the offending wheel. However this light is not coming on...it is only the orange one in that image I posted.

TheTorment wrote: »
    Sorry...crossed wires I think. What i meant was that my car also has that indicator light which shows the offending wheel. However this light is not coming on...it is only the orange one in that image I posted.

How soon after the new tyres were fitted did it start throwing the warning?

If it was within, say, 100km you need to go back to the tyre fitter and see what they say since a reset hasnt helped and you've checked the pressures.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭loopymum

Could it be the maintenance interval? Have you tried resetting it? I had to manually reset mine

loopymum wrote: »
    Could it be the maintenance interval? Have you tried resetting it? I had to manually reset mine

What do you mean please?

• Advertisement

Thanks for the links.

I have tried resetting it but after driving for a period of time the indicator comes on again. Flashes at first then stays constant.

I'll do another reset I think

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭babybuilder

Has anyone got their Nissan eV app back on line yet? Tis a real balls not
    been able to have remote access to charge and access the hvac

• Registered Users Posts: 11,372 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

I use a different app on android, My Leaf, it's available on Play store

It's somewhat more stable than Nissan's own hunk of garbage

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭obi604

I signed out of it completely and in again and that seemed to work. (on iPhone)

• Advertisement

I just use this app too. Far more trustworthy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭babybuilder

https://youtu.be/ZMlsxxh8PQA

Nissan software hacked

Does this use the Nissan login?
    Or you have to create a login for my leaf?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,594 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

My Nissan app seems to have been working fine against since around the 3rd Jan .

obi604 wrote: »
    Does this use the Nissan login?
    Or you have to create a login for my leaf?

Uses the same login and password as Nissan

• Registered Users Posts: 49 davedonie

My nissan ev app lets me log in and check battery is charged, but remote climate control stopped working on last day of December. I must try My Leaf app

davedonie wrote: »
    My nissan ev app lets me log in and check battery is charged, but remote climate control stopped working on last day of December. I must try My Leaf app

Haven't tested that to see if it's working.
    Must do it today.

Will report back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭deadduck

davedonie wrote: »

Literally used it a few hours ago to heat up the car before a trip, worked fine

Yip, tested my remote climate control and working ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,398 ✭✭✭randombar

Hi All,

Just received my new shiny leaf.

172 30kwh

So all good apart from battery, not bad but thought the SOH would be higher.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/n1zq8vdr5x9r5ri/Screenshot%202021-01-11%20at%2021.18.44.png?dl=0

91% with only 18k on the clock.

Is there anything you can do in relation to that and the Nissan Battery Warranty?

P.S. Old one for sale if anyone is interested.

• Advertisement

GaryCocs wrote: »
    Is there anything you can do in relation to that and the Nissan Battery Warranty?

Short answer... no.

It needs to go down to ~70% within the warranty period before they'll entertain a warranty claim.

Hi All,

That does seem unusually low, I've noticed the SOH can go up and down a bit, might be worth going for a drive and seeing if it changes

The car might have spent it's life plugged in at 100%, that seems almost as bad and leaving the battery empty for an extended period

Hi All,

Just received my new shiny leaf.

172 30kwh

So all good apart from battery, not bad but thought the SOH would be higher.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/n1zq8vdr5x9r5ri/Screenshot%202021-01-11%20at%2021.18.44.png?dl=0

P.S. Old one for sale if anyone is interested.

Did you not query the SOH before you bought?
    Or you did and reasonably happy with the 91%

obi604 wrote: »
    Did you not query the SOH before you bought?
    Or you did and reasonably happy with the 91%

A lot of the uk dealers won’t do the SOH, bought mine at auction. Just aimed for 12 bars and hoped for the best. Still reasonable and will take for a drive and see if it makes a difference. Not driven properly in a couple of months I’d say.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,021 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

I'd check the firmware, I know 2016 L30 need an update due to faulty reporting of SOH, I don't know if 172 L30 impacted though.
    91% is certainly not in line with expected SOH for a car of that age unless it has savage mileage perhaps?

EDIT, just saw the mileage in the screenshot, deffo something strange here, 91% not looking right

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

slave1 wrote: »
    I'd check the firmware, I know 2016 L30 need an update due to faulty reporting of SOH, I don't know if 172 L30 impacted though.
    91% is certainly not in line with expected SOH for a car of that age unless it has savage mileage perhaps?

EDIT, just saw the mileage in the screenshot, deffo something strange here, 91% not looking right

I think 90-95% would be about right for a 3-4yr old Gen 1.x Leaf. Seems about right to me, or at least in the right ball park. You will get variation so someone with more miles done might be showing 95% but that doesnt mean yours has a problem at 91%.

The firmware update seemed to only apply to the 152,161 and possibly 162 cars. I doubt a 172 car would need it, but you never know. LeafSpy will show you, if he has that.

KCross wrote: »
    I think 90-95% would be about right for a 3-4yr old Gen 1.x Leaf. Seems about right to me, or at least in the right ball park. You will get variation so someone with more miles done might be showing 95% but that doesnt mean yours has a problem at 91%.

The firmware update seemed to only apply to the 152,161 and possibly 162 cars. I doubt a 172 car would need it, but you never know. LeafSpy will show you, if he has that.

I have leafspy all right, how would I tell the firmware version and what it should be?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,521 ✭✭✭cgcsb

Considering buying one to replace the diesel. Question on the battery:

I had read that the ideal way to manage the battery is to keep the % charged between 30% and 80%, i.e. never fully charge it and never fully discharge it because that's what wears down the battery life. Would users say this is a good policy?

Also can I set the max charge to 80% somehow or do I physically have to go out and disconnect it when it hits 80? if the later I can see me forgetting half the time.

I had read that the ideal way to manage the battery is to keep the % charged between 30% and 80%, i.e. never fully charge it and never fully discharge it because that's what wears down the battery life. Would users say this is a good policy?

Yes, you should keep it below 80% if the car is going to be idle for a day or so. I personally would charge it if it goes below 50% but that's just to ensure I've enough range to get around if I have to

Also can I set the max charge to 80% somehow or do I physically have to go out and disconnect it when it hits 80? if the later I can see me forgetting half the time.

I believe the 2015 and older models have this option but my 2016 Leaf doesn't. I charge to full overnight then take the car for a spin to drain the battery a bit

• Advertisement

I have leafspy all right, how would I tell the firmware version and what it should be?

Do you know how to enable the Service menu and then read the ECU versions?

Discussions on it here...
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=108582362&postcount=4

Advertisement