Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Nissan Leaf

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭bmcgill

So I changed the battery in the Leaf Key, no longer getting the low battery warning and it will start the car and lock when I've the key in my hand and press the lock button on the door handle but none of the buttons on the key will actually work. Has anyone come across this before ?

The buttons wouldn’t work for me the first time I changed the battery. Turned out I put the battery in upside down. Might be worth double checking it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭obi604

Have a 2014 Nissan Leaf, was hoovering it the other day and got to the boot area. Noticed the felt underneath the boot liner was a bit wet in one area only.

Dried it all up etc

And left a few days, noticed a small pool of water again.

It’s only a tiny amount of water and only happens in a specific area of the boot, see the image in this link and the bit circled.

https://ibb.co/5xMjqZH

I cannot for the life of me see where the water is getting in, nearly seems to be from underneath.

Any of ye ever have this issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,372 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

obi604 wrote: »
    Have a 2014 Nissan Leaf, was hoovering it the other day and got to the boot area. Noticed the felt underneath the boot liner was a bit wet in one area only.

Dried it all up etc

And left a few days, noticed a small pool of water again.

It’s only a tiny amount of water and only happens in a specific area of the boot, see the image in this link and the bit circled.

https://ibb.co/5xMjqZH

I cannot for the life of me see where the water is getting in, nearly seems to be from underneath.

Any of ye ever have this issue?

Haven't seen that one before, maybe leaking in from the top of the boot hatch above? That's roughly straight above that bit of the boot as I recall. Try checking for a loose bit of the seal around there?

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

Haven't seen that one before, maybe leaking in from the top of the boot hatch above? That's roughly straight above that bit of the boot as I recall. Try checking for a loose bit of the seal around there?

But the thing is the TOP part of the boot liner is dry, only the bottom part of it gets wet.

But the thing is the TOP part of the boot liner is dry, only the bottom part of it gets wet.

Strange, must be coming in from the bottom, but AFAIK that whole panel is sealed

There does seem to be an opening in the bottom, maybe a wiring pass through or access to the boot locking mechanism or something

I wonder is the water getting up from there? Have you been driving through any big puddles that might force water up through the body of the car?

• Advertisement

Strange, must be coming in from the bottom, but AFAIK that whole panel is sealed

There does seem to be an opening in the bottom, maybe a wiring pass through or access to the boot locking mechanism or something

I wonder is the water getting up from there? Have you been driving through any big puddles that might force water up through the body of the car?

Yeah looks like all the panel is sealed, except where the water is getting in ;)

No major puddles, just the standard ones.

Where are you noticing the opening? From the picture.

Where are you noticing the opening? From the picture.

The lighter grey oval shaped area right where you circled. I think I've the same thing in my leaf, not sure what it is exactly but it looks like it could be removable

There's also a black cap over to the right side of the boot, looks like it could be an opening

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭rodneytrotter15

bmcgill wrote: »
    The buttons wouldn’t work for me the first time I changed the battery. Turned out I put the battery in upside down. Might be worth double checking it.

Back to normal this morning. Without doing anything.

Does the Leaf24 normally have no regen at 100% SoC?

I had to charge during the day today and when I took the car out it had just hit 100%. I noticed after a minute that I had no regen at all, I'm guessing because there was no top buffer

I'm a bit worried about my battery degredation now. I'm at 12/12 bars and LeafSpy reports 89%, so I'm a bit concerned my top buffer has completely degraded away and it's going to eat into usable capacity now

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,021 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

I had to charge during the day today and when I took the car out it had just hit 100%. I noticed after a minute that I had no regen at all, I'm guessing because there was no top buffer

I'm a bit worried about my battery degredation now. I'm at 12/12 bars and LeafSpy reports 89%, so I'm a bit concerned my top buffer has completely degraded away and it's going to eat into usable capacity now

Leaf has zero regen if you are right towards 100%, you coast like crazy, if you don't charge to 100% too often it's a weird sensation

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Advertisement

slave1 wrote: »
    Leaf has zero regen if you are right towards 100%, you coast like crazy, if you don't charge to 100% too often it's a weird sensation

That's what I was wondering, I'm only charging twice a week at the moment and usually the pre heat takes a couple of percent out of the battery

So driving at 100% is unusual for me at the moment. I was a bit freaked out at first, car would run on when I lifted off the accelerator

I actually thought there was something wrong with regen until I realised it was down to having full battery

• Registered Users Posts: 12,119 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Correct, no regen at 100%. Sometimes it can happen even below 100% if the battery is cold enough.

There is no top buffer that you get to use in the Leaf other than the 2kWh that you never had access to since day 1.

It has a 24kWh battery and you initially had access to about 22kWh of it... The day it drove off the line it started degrading from the 22kWh point and thats what LeafSpy shows you so when it says 90% it means 90% of ~22kWh

So, once you hit 84% you will go to 11 bars and that has nothing whatsoever to do with regen or buffer etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭whippet

picked up the Leaf - quite impressed so far. However - for the life of me I can't get the Nissan Connect App to work or register the car on the Connect website

I've managed to create an account online - but I can't add a car - keeps saying the VIN isn't supported.

And then I can't log in to the NissanConnect App - just keeps saying authentication failed

totally stumped

• Registered Users Posts: 33,594 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

whippet wrote: »
    picked up the Leaf - quite impressed so far. However - for the life of me I can't get the Nissan Connect App to work or register the car on the Connect website

I've managed to create an account online - but I can't add a car - keeps saying the VIN isn't supported.

And then I can't log in to the NissanConnect App - just keeps saying authentication failed

totally stumped

I had to get the previous owner de-registered and this allowed me to register.

Can't remember but think I had to contact Nissan and tell them I was the new owner of the car, and they reset the VIN from previous owner.

NIMAN wrote: »
    I had to get the previous owner de-registered and this allowed me to register.

Can't remember but think I had to contact Nissan and tell them I was the new owner of the car, and they reset the VIN from previous owner.

Cheers .. mine is brand new .. so shouldn’t be any previous owners .. I’ve emailed Nissan so hopefully they will sort it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

KCross wrote: »
    So, once you hit 84% you will go to 11 bars and that has nothing whatsoever to do with regen or buffer etc.

I thought it was 87% for 11bars :confused:
    I'v just past 70k km in my 142 and it's at 89% (was 93/94% when i got it in Sep 18)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

Cheers .. mine is brand new .. so shouldn’t be any previous owners .. I’ve emailed Nissan so hopefully they will sort it

This is what i always quote
    Zenith74 wrote: »
    I know this is an old thread, but it's one of the first Google results for this issue. I had the issue with the EV Connect app not allowing me to login with a newly imported Leaf from the UK, I contact Nissan at the email address above, they were super helpful and provided the following instructions which worked first time, the EV Connect app is now working for me!

1. First go to http://cq5.prod.nissan.eu/IE/en/YouPlus.html Register Now:
    2. Enter your VIN number>validate> and then you will be taken to the next page enter details into the form; please remember to click the terms and conditions.
    3. You will now be taken to the CARWINGS OVERVIEW, please click on YES! SUBCRIBE TO CARWINGS
    4. Please accept the terms and conditions at the very bottom>VALIDATE
    5. You will now be asked to fill in MY CARWINGS SERVICES details, create a vehicle display name and add another email, fill in a question and answer > click CONFIRM
    6. All your Carwings details will be on the screen, accept the terms and condition>Click VALIDATE
    7. CONGRATULATIONS! Message will appear, you are now half way there. You will receive 2 emails; one is a confirmation of registration and the other is the activation of your Carwings which usually takes up to between 2-24hours. If you don’t get anything after 24 hours please contact customer services.

After you receive the second email please go to your vehicle and do the following:

Steps:
    Push Zero Emission button.
    Touch CARWINGS.
    Touch security settings.
    Touch Activate CARWINGS.
    Touch User ID. Note: User ID and password are case sensitive.
    Enter User ID and touch OK.
    Touch Password.
    Enter password and touch OK.
    Touch Activate Security Settings.
    Confirm and touch Yes.

Please make sure that once you have pressed the Zero Emission button a white car symbol shows up on the top right of your head unit. If the Car symbol is grey this means that you are in a location with no signal.

In addition to this, if the car logo is grey with a line through it or what appears to be an axe, this means you will need to contact your local dealer and have your TCU head unit reset.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭kennethsmyth

Stealthirl wrote: »
    I thought it was 87% for 11bars :confused:
    I'v just past 70k km in my 142 and it's at 89% (was 93/94% when i got it in Sep 18)

It’s 15% for 1st bar then 6.25% for each one after.

Stealthirl wrote: »
    This is what i always quote

cheers for that - however - it falls at the first fence for me - VIN not recognised .... when I picked up my BMW I was up and running on the connected app before leaving the show room ... how have Nissan got this so badly wrong - from looking on line its been going on for years !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭Laviski

when i got new last last, I also had problems. Leaf being Chadamo no active cooling whatever, it ain't a problem or has not affected me in which i have done long trips so this is where many posters on hear give out about but the app and their servers is absolute garbage which i'm surprised people don't complain about.

ensure you are using "Nissan Connect Services" which as a 1.7* rating (should be just 1) on the play store.

when setting up you can view attachment and look at https://www.nissan.ie/ownership/nissanconnect-services.html

my specifc problem was getting all the services activated. at first was stuck at 16/32 so was told to perform the below steps.
    This occurs with a few LEAF where the app doesn’t update properly and we
    have been given the below process to correct this. Can you follow the below
    steps and let me know if this resolves the update?

Make sure that the app is closed down completely and if possible clear the
    data from the app. Turn your vehicle on for 15 minutes and then update the
    software. To do this go to *Info > System information > Software Update

Stat Software Update*. This should take about 5 minutes to complete.
    Turn the car off, wait about 15 minutes and then reopen the app, go to the
    activation list and select the retry activation button. Give this a bit of
    time again to update because it can take a couple of hours to fully
    activate depending the vehicle.

this got me up to 24/32 of the services activated, in the end after about 3 weeks back and fourth of emails they finally sorted it out. so try the above and then send email to gb@nissan-services.eu
    In the email provide the attached doc i gave so you can tell them what you are following and also the additonal steps in quote to try and limit time wasting.

once you got it working, never open the app again - get on play store and set up "My Leaf". Made by a guy called Tobias, Has 4.5* on google play store excellent app however still falls victim to the garbage nissan servers.

• Advertisement

cheers for that - however - it falls at the first fence for me - VIN not recognised .... when I picked up my BMW I was up and running on the connected app before leaving the show room ... how have Nissan got this so badly wrong - from looking on line its been going on for years !

again be sure you are using "nissan connect services" not the "Nissan Connect EV"

I deleted all the apps of the phone and removed all the data and started over again using the Nissan Commect app ... seems to have worked .. it’s activated and has about 18 of the services already .. fingers crossed ... they don’t make it easy

and that seems to have worked - all the services seem to be activated.

it isn't the most logical approach ! - cheers for the advice

I can't seem to find that MyLeaf App on the iOS App Store mind you

Edit - Ignore that- I've found it - was only searching free apps !

and that seems to have worked - all the services seem to be activated.

it isn't the most logical approach ! - cheers for the advice

I can't seem to find that MyLeaf App on the iOS App Store mind you

Edit - Ignore that- I've found it - was only searching free apps !

yeah its paid one, but worth it.... Can only speak for the android version.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭randomstuff

Finally managed to get a working obd on my new leaf.

Looks like a well look after battery from the little reading I did on how to read the stats, can anyone comment on the battery health?

It's a 2015 24kwh

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 12,110 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Is there a way to replace the analog speedo with an LCD screen?

Finally managed to get a working obd on my new leaf.

Looks like a well look after battery from the little reading I did on how to read the stats, can anyone comment on the battery health?

It's a 2015 24kwh

Thanks

Looks about correct, I've a 2016 Leaf24 and I'm at about 89%, so the extra 2% for another year seems okay

2014 leaf here

Been a very long time since a I charged at a 50w Chademo

My range is limited so need to avail of every bit I can.

If I arrived at a Chademo charger with 80% battery and wanted a quick top up, would this work?

Or when it is at 80%, does it charge way slower?

2014 leaf here

Been a very long time since a I charged at a 50w Chademo

My range is limited so need to avail of every bit I can.

If I arrived at a Chademo charger with 80% battery and wanted a quick top up, would this work?

Or when it is at 80%, does it charge way slower?

Charges way slower..... Need to do some tests myself but if I recall when it's above 90% it be no faster than using the 6.6 onboard ac.

• Advertisement

Here's an article from Fastned showing the charging curve

https://support.fastned.nl/hc/en-gb/articles/204784998-Charging-with-a-Nissan-Leaf-e-or-e-NV200

It'll be pretty slow at 80%, below 25kW from the look of the graph and will likely be even slower because you plugged in at a high SoC

It's a bit if a moot point however, chargers arent common enough that you get to pick and choose, if you need to charge, you need to charge

Advertisement