Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Nissan Leaf

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭jasonb

Not much of a suggestion, but could you try to charge your phone using the port? 'Cos if that doesn't work then it definitely points towards a dodgy usb port.

And just to be stupid, but I assume you're using the USB port in the front console? The ones in the back are power only, but I'm sure you know that already.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,591 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Yeah I am trying the one in the front.

Just rounded up most of the usb cables I actually have lying in drawers around the house. Got 7 in total and none are working for android auto.

I didn't check to see if they were charging my phone, will check that.

I did notice there is a lot of play in the socket, once the cable is in. It wobbles a lot. Is that the same for everyone?

If it was faulty, would this be something that would be fixed under warranty?

Will check my USB port, but I don't think I've noticed a wobble. I assume this is the larger USB A port and not the smaller USB C port?

It's a brand new car, right? I'd assume that will be covered under warranty.

It's a 2019.

It's the only USB port I can see. Someone mentioned ones in the back, I couldn't find them!

It's the usb port beside the START button to turn the car on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,756 ✭✭✭✭Encrypted Pigeon

This is what I have in a 22 purchase, there are two in the rear also on the center console. Not sure if the usb c is new. The USB A seems solid enough, small bit of play.

As for warranty, its 3 years standard, 5 for ev related components, don't know if it comes under that?

Ah sorry, thought you had a new one. As the pic above shows, the latest model has two USB ports in the front and two in the rear, though they're power only.

I tried the USB port on mine and there's very little play/wobble, so I'd say you do have an issue there alright. If you test a phone and it doesn't charge that would prove it for me.

Yep, 3 year standard warranty, so I suppose it depends on when it was registered in 2019 to see if that warranty still covers it?

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭zzap64

The USB port in my 30kWh has always felt a bit loose. I actually bought a very short USB extension lead, so I swap around USB keys in that rather than going near the actual port in case it does break.

Yeah the 2019 car only has a single USB port.

Car wasn't registered until March, so still under the 3yr warranty.

It isn't even charging a phone.

I emailed Nissan and they sent me a list of dealers to take it to. Will see what they say at start of next week.

Nice one, good it's under warranty, hopefully they can fix it for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 paganist

Looking for some advice…..I picked up a 22 leaf last week. I’ve been trying to add in the VIN to set up Nissan connect without success and finally emailed Nissan for help. They got back to me saying “MY21.5 SV model. Unfortunately, this model of LEAF does not have NissanConnect Services as a feature”.

Any advice?

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭harderthanf

This isn't the first time this has been raised. I got an SVE 3 weeks ago and connected NissanConnect fine (eventually). People were saying that only the SVE models are allowed us the NissanConnect service. If you have that from Nissan though, it does sound like it might be true - which is a joke to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭Gile_na_gile

Just make sure the nomenclature is right because the old app is similarly named and you need Nissan Connect Services.

Here is the user guide I was sent for my SVE MY20 (221)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tui3thk30bd4gs7/NissanConnect%20Services%20Account%20Set%20Up%20Guide.pdf?dl=0

This has come up a few times, though I haven't heard before that only the SVE can connect.

The process to connect however is very confusing and very badly advertised out there, so it's hard to get it right! Here's what I finally did to get it to work...

Nissan support told me not to use the website at all. They told me to download and install the "NissanConnect Services" app on my phone, and register through the app. Even if you're registered with the website first, that username and password won't work. When you register through the app, you can then add the VIN, you'll need to sit in the car and get a code from the car screen, and add that to your app, and then it will connect, and after an hour or two you'll be able to control the charging/heating etc.

If that doesn't work, and it worked for me about a month ago, then maybe the SV isn't supported for NissanConnect Services, but as @harderthanf said, that's a joke and I'd be contacting Nissan about it (if you bought it new from a dealer, I'd talk to them first, and tell them the App and its services was one of the reasons you picked a Leaf).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

The Model year 21.5 specs show that Nissan Connected Services are available only on the SV-Premium and SVE. They are not available on the XE or SV.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 paganist

Hi, do you have a link with that info please?

I had a look at the brochure I got when choosing extras and the brochure says NissanConnect is a standard with the SV model.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

A few things to check:

1. The current MY 21.5 pricing guide identifies the Nissan Connected Services as available only in SV-Premium & above.

2. The question is when did you order the car?

3. What was the brochure spec at that time, and can you get your hands on it?

4. Nissan made pricing changes all over their Leaf range elsewhere in an attempt to gain 'lowest ev price' , and dumbed down previous specs or turned previously standard items into options. Did that happen between the time you placed your order and delivery?

5. The ability or otherwise of a Leaf to use Nissan Connected Services is not just a function of a piece of software: it requires the technology to be built into the car, and to be configured. The actual gubbins is a Telematics Communication Unit (TCU). If it's not in the car, comms with Nissan is not possible.

Hope you get it sorted @paganist

On another topic, has anyone ever tried to update the maps on the Sat Nav? I noticed some weird behaviour on mine (not suggesting using certain roads etc.) and I thought I'd have a look at making sure the maps are the latest version before I tried anything else.

When I try to update it via Wifi, it immediately says I have the latest ones, in a way that suggests to me that it's not checking the server at all (for example, if I try to update the System it goes off and checks for a good few seconds before it comes back with the same message).

So I decided to try the USB method. I got a memory stick and plugged it onto the car and got it to copy the Maps info to it. It created a folder on it with the file in that folder. I then downloaded the Map Update Software onto my PC, but when I plug the memory stick into the computer it's like the Map Software can't see it, so it keeps telling me that the USB isn't ready. Has anyone got this working?

Thanks...

Anyone ever seen range like this before on their Gen 2 Leaf? I am assuming the battery use isn't linear as well?

I started my commute this Morning with a preheated car, and as usual drove sensibly! However the trip got to 8.5km before the 100% dropped to 99%. That's just can't be right.

The overall journey of 37.5km took just 14% too (the 87% was about to drop to 86 I'd guess as it was at 87 for a while).

I would expect the battery to drop faster as driving continues. I think the Ioniq isn't linear, looks like Leaf isn't either.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Turbolounge

If the driving you were doing is downhill or mostly downhill, the range will hardly drop at all. Factor in regen braking down hill and that would explain the 1% loss.

• Advertisement

I'd say it would mostly be on the flat, but I did drive economically, never really going past the Eco bar upper limit.

Still, on other days, I could have been at 97% at the same point.

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭Joe 90

Cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭Joe 90

• Registered Users Posts: 9,168 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

I was at 20% the other day but leafspy told me my SOC was at 35% which is a huge difference I think. At 100% battery the SOC is at 98.3% so I'm thinking the dashboard displayed battery % goes down faster as the SOC gets lower.

In this instance you're showing 86% remaining after 37.5km. If my theory is correct (no guarantee) you'll be showing less than 72% at 70km

I know that could be a factor, but it was pretty weatherless that day. Mild, no wind, dry road.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 cuffeb

Hi, the leaf has been of interest to me for a while now and one has been offered to me.

Its a 2012 with cream interior, 8 bars with approx. 80 -90 km of range with 80,000 km on the clock for over 3k

Perfect for what I need - school, work and shop runs

The front suspension Ball Joint failed the NCT along with and advisory of connection failure with the OBD

Is there a recommended mechanic/ Garage to get a cost for the work & full service.

I'm based in dublin 12

Cheers

A 2012 Leaf with 8 bars won't get you 80km.

My 2014 with 11 bars was only getting 100km average.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Alkers

If reading it correctly, at 3k euro it's a steal

As a cheap runaround for short trips, it is a steal. Plus owner can claim 600 for the charger grant.

But I was just pointing out that I can't see it getting 80km range. But if your daily use was under 50km, its a super buy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭harderthanf

Any getting an error message on the NissanConnected Service app saying the app needs to be updated but even though it's the latest you can't log on?

Was working fine until the latest update.

Advertisement