Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Nissan Leaf

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭jasonb

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭Snugbugrug28

The Leaf is not priced well enough against the MG and the lack of CCS charging is a strong factor against so I agree with you, they will either need the zero percent or a price drop

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭aFlabbyPanda

I rang a few other dealers and all confirmed 0% offer is over.

I rang the local MG dealer too and they said they will only have the MG5 EV LR in November and the rest in January. And when I asked for finance prices they were much more expensive than Nissan, it was over the phone mind you so I didn't get a complete breakdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭harderthanf

Does anyone - who actually managed to get the NissanConnected Service app working - know if it is possible to see the power being put into the car at a given time? I like to know at a charge point what power I am getting. In my e-niro it shows 7.2kwhr (for example) but the Leaf just displays the % and time to full which is annoying!

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭RYEL

Just had my 172 leaf in for service. The Nissan garage is quoting over 520 for front brake pads and disc replacement. I take it im better of going elsewhere for this repair work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭sh81722

The pattern parts from micksgarage are about €150 - 250 for the discs and pads depending on the brand + an hours labour so it does sound like there is plenty of scope of getting it done for a good bit less somewhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

Try somewhere like Atlas. I got pads and a disc done there on Leaf.

Stay Free

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Garzard

Ordered the 40kWh SVE in white last month - my first car as it happens and set for July delivery! Delighted I did before the 0% went, but wasn't aware of the new face-lift and 17" spoked alloys; wasn't mentioned by the dealer and only saw the change when I downloaded the Product Guide again the other day to go over the specs. Don't think they suit the car at all personally, loved the look of the original set! Was reassured by several sources saying this face-lift was coming in between 2023-2025, but saw several transporters today bringing in a new delivery of Leafs - all had the new wheels.

Congrats on the order. I have a blue/black also due in July on 0%. I prefer the old wheels, but the new ones are at least different. If you really hate them, I have a 2014 tekna I can swap the wheels over with you. The new ones will probably grow on you though.

Stay Free

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭johnf2020

All Leaf production from April is the facelift version.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭cannco253

You can’t see the power going into the car from the app, just shows the time left to fully charge.

Older Leaf’s had the 3.3kW onboard charger so you would see that on the app front page as opposed to the 6.6kW now.

Leafspy would show that value, don’t have it myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Garzard

Very unfortunate that they took away the 2018-2021 alloys, there's no option in the matter now. Even think the steel wheels for the base spec SV (not sold in Ireland) would've looked better! I still haven't come across any 221 Leaf's to see how these new alloys look up close. They might grow on me as Ghost said, but quite disappointed right now at the change.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭kennethsmyth

Go for the 40kw car - its a much better revision of the car

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭johnf2020

I work in the trade. For as long as manufacturers facelift cars, new design of wheels will always be one of the first revisions to be made. Failing to do so will mean that the majority of customers will fail to see the difference between the original car and the revised one especially when the rest of the changes are so subtle. Even by asking the dealer if they would swop the new alloys for a set from an original car, then you make your facelift car look less obvious. I know its all about personal preference and I do agree that facelifts don't always work but you have to agree that these new alloys do look a bit mad, and they will get people talking......and thats often the cheapest form of advertising.

BTW.......Nissan are saying that these wheels are more aero efficient.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,021 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Those wheels look rotten on an already iffy looking car (previous Leaf owner)

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

Although I prefer the old Tekna ones, I do like the new ones. They'd also be a lot less prone to the corrosion suffered on the old ones. The 24 and 30 Leafs look a bit iffy alright, but the 40+ look "normal" at the very least.

Stay Free

• Registered Users Posts: 5,600 ✭✭✭obi604

Where do ye buy wipers for the leaf? (2014) Halfords, micks garage etc or is it all the one.

Stay Free

BOSCH AR141S Aerotwin Flat Wiper Blade Set (650 / 400 mm) for Nissan LEAF, 2010

Stay Free

• Advertisement

thanks, looks like you got one of the last sets :) out of stock right now

I just seen a transporter with 8 new Leafs on the way to the M50 today. Cheese grater wheels and all, so the new versions are already hitting the road.

Stay Free

What charger cable comes with the new leaf? Granny, or public cable?

Do nissan charge extra for car mats, or will they come with car?

Stay Free

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭Laviski

unless its changed very recently.

you get both cables, you get the car mats. I think if you don't get both cables is poor form from any electric car.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭Andrea B.

Pop in to any autofactor with your reg or ring ahead. My mechanic fitted last week while servicing. He said they were off shelf.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

I'm half mulling over the idea of buying an older Leaf 24kwh as a second car for the house to compliment an outlander phev.

Maximum range isn't really a huge concern as it will mostly be used around town or for a 40km round trip commute. That said, it makes sense to buy the best available battery range if prices are similar. I know there will be no exact answer for my question but I'll pop some examples up below.

Nissan Leaf 2011 for sale in Laois for €6,200 on DoneDeal - 2011, 108,000km, range displayed on dash 126km

Nissan Leaf, 2011 E 5DR ELECTRONIC for sale in Meath for €6,250 on DoneDeal - 2011, 82,000km, states range 82km

NISSAN Leaf for sale in Kildare for €6,300 on DoneDeal (posted a page ago) - 2015, 320,000km, range displayed on dash 106km

Of those 3 it looks like the lowest mileage presents the worst value?! How accurate is the range estimation for regular urban driving?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,119 ✭✭✭✭KCross

I'd be very skeptical of the first one. A 10yr old Leaf with no degradation and a hopelessly impossible range of 126km just smells dodgy to me. I suspect the BMS has been reset to make it look like it has no degradation.

The other two are showing expected degradation although I'd doubt you'd get 106km's unless it was very careful city driving in good weather.

What range you get very much depends on the type of driving you do (L, N or M roads and how heavy is your foot).

• Registered Users Posts: 9 cuffeb

Just recently got a 2012 leaf with 8 bars & 80k on the clock, perfect for me as I do 8 to 10km per day (school run & work ) and charge every 3 days ... still trying to figure out the maximum range. Is their a recommended mechanic that can do a once over, as its due an NCT.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,021 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

If just stick it in for the NCT as see what they say, you can eye likes of tyres and wipers yourself

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭brianeoc

Hi All, I'm looking at a 2011 nissan leaf at the moment. Very strange reading from the leaf spy in relation to charging....Only 79 L1/L2 charges.

I probably can't trust this battery can I?

Advertisement