Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Nissan Leaf

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

No.

That has a Type 2 connector. You need a Type 1 connector on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,644 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

I dropped into the Nissan dealership today, as I had not received any email from them about my order. The sales guy confirmed my order was still on the system and sent me the email I was supposed to receive in May. He said the expected deliveries were October and there were no further updates. I said I would keep my order for now, as long as there were no increases in price and no further delays. I expect it to be November at the earliest, which I am OK with. The 0% finance is also apparently being honoured as long as the finance conditions are still met. I wonder if they must have got a few more cancellations than they expected??? I was seriously considering cancelling my order and putting in an order for an Ioniq 5 or a Model3. The email below:

CONFIRMED ORDERS FROM PRODUCTION – ORDERS IN AUG - OCT PRODUCTION

Good afternoon,

I am writing to confirm our conversation relating to your order for a new Nissan Leaf and to outline the options for you.

As I explained, due to the global semiconductor and component shortages we are not able to supply your chosen Leaf in the original agreed timeframe. Current estimates indicate that your order is due to be produced in XXX month, and we should receive your vehicle within four weeks from the production date once confirmed by the manufacturer. We will keep you updated with your order and should production dates change further we will inform you immediately.

This is not a situation that is in our control, and we are deeply sorry to be giving you this news.

There are two option available to you: 

1.           Cancel your existing order and we will issue you a full refund of any deposit paid.

2.           Keep your order in place and we will let you know as soon as we have an update.

Unfortunately, we are not in a position to guarantee that you will not be affected by any price increase from the manufacturer.

If you chose to keep your order in place we will contact you to arrange a new quotation when delivery dates and pricing are clearer.

(Only for approved finance customers)

(The 0% finance offer you availed of will still be available subject to meeting the criteria of the lending institution at the time your car arrives.)

Can I ask you to email me confirmation of your decision by 02/06/2022 as we will have to cancel any unconfirmed orders after this date.

Yours sincerely,

SALESGUY

Stay Free

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

Similar response I got from Nissan Ireland

I am writing to confirm your conversation with your Nissan dealer relating to your order of a new Nissan Leaf and to offer you a full explanation and apology.

By way of background, unfortunately at the moment, the motoring industry is being severely affected by a world-wide shortage of semiconductor components and is also experiencing significant supply chain difficulties. These difficulties are leading to factory disruptions world-wide and are having a knock-on effect globally on vehicle production and deliveries. Unfortunately, we are not exempt from these difficulties in Ireland.

From a Nissan Ireland perspective, our original production allocations for 2022, as indicated to us by our manufacturer earlier this year, have recently been severely reduced. These production cuts have affected our Leaf allocations in particular, given the large amount of semiconductor components required to produce an electric vehicle. This has resulted in our not being in a position to fulfil outstanding orders for the Nissan Leaf in the original indicated timeframes. In order to ensure full transparency on this developing situation we were obliged to ask our Dealer network to contact all Leaf customers with outstanding orders, to explain the situation and advise them of their options.

Customer satisfaction is of the utmost importance to us and it is hugely disappointing to be letting our customers down like this. I am fully aware that all of the above explanation is of little comfort to you and I apologise sincerely for the inconvenience this situation has caused you but unfortunately it is entirely out of our direct control. I can assure you that we are continuing to work with our supplier to try to secure extra production allocation, however at the moment, our best information from our manufacturer suggests it is unlikely that we will receive any new Leaf production allocations for the Irish market until early next year.

With regard to pricing, I’m afraid, in the current environment, we are not in a position to confirm pricing position for the LEAF into the future. However, I can confirm that if you remain on the waiting list for your order that you will remain at the top of the queue for delivery vis a vis new customer orders and that we will honour any 0% finance offer previously agreed (subject to meeting the criteria of the lending institution at the time your car arrives).

Once again, on behalf of Nissan Ireland, I would like to apologise for the disappointment and inconvenience caused. I can assure you that if there was anything we could do to rectify the situation we would do so, but unfortunately, it is caused by external factors beyond our control. 

Kind Regards,

Jeanne McGann

Head of Marketing & Communications

• Registered Users Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭barneygumble99

Salesman from Nissan was in with us during the week. He told that if you order a new leaf today it would be March next year at the earliest and that they would maybe at best have 5 electric models coming in, in total , before the end of the year. He said one of the biggest hold ups is some gas thats needed in the manufacture of the instrument cluster/display.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭Laviski

Anyone have recommendations for a roof box?

Ideally looking for something for the rear but only finding options that require a tow bar which I don't have. Someone posted previously here so hoping they see this post

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

I was looking at the brochure today and noticed that Nissan Connected services are only mentioned in the SV Premium and upwards

Does this mean the XE and SV specs don't have any way to check the charging or start aircon remotely?

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 12,119 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Don't know about latest Leaf but it was always the case that the XE did not have app connectivity.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Has anyone had a leak from centre of car? We are leaking some brown/red fluid from less than a year old car, booked in for a look on Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 brunoilcittadino

Any updates on the 222 Leaf deliveries?

I ordered mine on March 9th, with July devery. Every time I asked, the car was “on track to be delivered on time”. In the end of July the dealer informed that the car wasn’t in Ireland yet and Nissan “was advising mid-August”. I haven’t heard much from them, and didn’t receive any letter or other communication.

From Cleary’s of Kiltimagh, Co. Mayo. Appreciate your recent insights!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Has anybody on here gotten any of the range therapy/Muxsan upgrades for their leaf?

• Advertisement

So, I also ordered in March. See a few post back for details posted. To summarise: Dealer rang in June to inform of delay from July to “possibly” October. I don’t get the feeling the car will be delivered this year, so I am cancelling my order. Ordered a Tesla M3 last week and expecting delivery next month.

Stay Free

• Registered Users Posts: 4,682 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Wow, talk about switching from an apple to an orange 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭the 12 th man

Anybody see a post on social media -A Taxi guy had a 2018 Leaf with 165K and went to start it and it wouldn't start,main dealer telling him he needs a 14K battery replacement job as the warranty on the battery is 100K.

Would have thought there would have been a bit more stink about it if true?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,021 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

It's partly true, already discussed a few pages back

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

Unlikely to be true, that post is now gone from the ievoa Facebook page so I reckon it was a generic anti-ev post

The same man's Facebook page makes a lot of reference to the green party being out of touch with reality (not strictly untrue) and there was a post about the high price of petrol and diesel by comparison to Malta.

If the story is false, Nissan would have a very clear case for defamation, or whatever applies to an entity.

Stay Free

Yes they certainly would, be a bit of hassle digging up the deleted facebook post and ensuring the poster is a real person but yes they have a defamation case for sure

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭pjproby

I want to replace the three pin plug on my 2011 Leaf's granny cable. I gather that the plug is not standard. Has anyone any idea where I could get the plug?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,119 ✭✭✭✭KCross

It probably has thermal protection so there is likely an extra wire and resistor built into it. I dont think you can buy that in a standard hardware store.

Are the pins worn? i.e. Why are you looking to replace the plug?

It's the weather proofing I'd also worry about

Stay Free

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭pjproby

The fuse holder is faulty and the plug is overheating. i can adjust the holder but it is only a temporary fix.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭cannco253

Anyone experience the external charge port door not closing properly? Started last week in our 2018 Leaf, seemed to work for a while but now won’t close at all.

Wd40 any good for this or is it a garage job?

How much would this cost to repair/replace?

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭FreshCoffee

I haven't had the problem (yet) on my Leaf but this video might help if you are DIY inclined:

EV Help: How to fix a Nissan Leaf charge flap that wont stay closed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭Andrea B.

Yes. I disassembled.

Moulded plug with extra 2 wires for delicate thermistor.

It can be done with craft knife and patience.

I had rewired mine into a 20A blue plugtop, with thermistor in a bit of heatshrink. That is me, and I am not advising what you do in terms of safety or how much extra safety the thermistor brings.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

Seams there’s a lot of cars waiting for parts just parked up, no idea what the breakdown is but found this on another forum. 

Theres also talk they have been shutting lines early and might be going on an extended bank holiday

• Registered Users Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭whippet

I have started a new job and for the first few weeks i've to go to the office every day - so back to a commute and the first since i've had the Leaf.

I've been really surprised as to the efficiency. 130km round trip, 90% on Motorway (M1 and M50) ... it's a Leaf40 and this week averaging about 13-14kwh/100km with AC on and in Eco mode .. i'm not gunning it but definitely not crawling either.

For comparison - last week I commuted in my G20 BMW 330e and as per the trip computer averaged 1.5l/100km

Free charging in the office is a god send !

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭rodneytrotter15

I've a 161 Leaf and was using the Nissan EV app ( white one that says zero emissions on it with the blue e ) Used the app to check charge level when in work and also to heat the car during the winter. Lost my phone last week and had to log back in with a reset password. Told me I needed to add a vehicle, did that this morning with the VIN and it is telling me that "VIN is not supported".....any suggestion welcome, would hate to lose both pieces of functionality.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Metalpanic

Hi folks. I am looking into buying a second hand Leaf40 as my first EV. I've been keeping an eye on what is coming up for sale to get an idea of price. Probably not looking to actually buy until Jan, but am I right in thinking you have to move pretty quick on decent spec? It seems like they get snatched up fast on Carzone and Windsor don't even bother with photos most of the time and the cars move.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭whippet

something like this wouldn't just be with Leafs ... any decent second hand car sets snapped up fairly quick as there just isn't enough to meet supply

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Metalpanic

Yeah that's a fair point, I guess it is a market wide issue since Brexit. Any tips on what to look for, mileage/range/SOH?

Advertisement