Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Nissan Leaf

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

I stopped trying years ago. Completely unreliable and not fit for purpose. Nissan should be ashamed of themselves.

Stay Free

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

Working fine here. V3.7.0 on Android.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭Laviski

i use myleaf by tobias. no issues with info/options.

the provided app by nissan is just crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,589 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Working again now.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 mexicanvader

Range question for you guys. I have a new 40kwh 2022 Leaf and my maximum range I've had in the two months of ownership was around 180km. City/town driving for the most part, so 50kmph max school run and to the shops, with eco mode and epedal on. With the colder weather this week, I've had a max of 140km range on a full charge. It seems on the lower end of what's expected, even being very frugal with climate control. Tyre pressure is showing 33psi in the morning. Would inflating to about 37/38psi drastically improve range?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭RM Ernest

Are the majority of your trips all short? Sounds normal enough to me. You'll have a high enough consumption heating the car every time and a cold battery as well that won't heat up with driving. Cold batteries are less efficient.

Tyre pressure and efficiency wise very little difference overall in between 33psi and 38psi.

I've a 30kwh leaf and on my normal 100km round trip commute @ 80-100km/hr I get home with about 20% battery left at the moment. If doing just short trips from the house consumption is much higher.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

IMO, 33PSI is way too low. I suspect that would have been nearer 36-37 in September- pressure drops with the cold.

I drove my Leaf at 40 PSI with regular 1/4ly checks. I did have Leafspy and monitored to ensure a) PSI was balanced and b) not fluctuating.

Also.when charging at home, try and plan your charges to end just before your journey starts, and pre-heat while plugged in...

i just checked today for the giggles, done 60 km with 0.18 kwh/km over 7 trips mostly City/town driving. That was with a pre heat in the morning to defrost the car with no overnight charge. consumption 10.26 kwH for the day. heat/aircon was on, fan at lowest setting.

that is giving me over 200+km range if you break down those figures. (i know my SOH is 96% for 2020 car so if maintained that i should get 205km.)

during summer i know i can get get my average down to 0.13 kwh/km when i want to. secret is not to have a heavy foot, yes you may have eco on but excessive acceleration (in City/town driving) only to stop again a few meters down the road is just going to cut into your range.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭veryangryman

Got a call from the dealer to say my Leaf (previously delayed until March this year since last years shortage) is in Dublin now.

Bad news is the price is gone up around 2.5k but i guess that's the world we live in atm

• Subscribers Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Does myleaf work independently of Nissan connect entirely? We could never get Nissan connect to register our 22 leaf and garage were useless, just said car must not support it.

• Advertisement

Stay Free

You need to register with the main app first then you can use myleaf from there on.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,074 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭veryangryman

39k on a PCP. Giving them 30%(11,700 cash) and paying off over 3 years.

Family used the dealer many times before so not sure if when they said they're "looking after you", they were placating me or that's a genuine loyalty discount

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭RM Ernest

What spec 62kwh leaf is it if you don't mind me asking?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭jkforde

apologies if asked before, but what's the sweet spot speed for cruising on the motorway (Eco B), I mean the point before range\kw really falls off the cliff

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭Gile_na_gile

About 105/110kmh if stop is required. Can drive regular 120kmh if in larger battery car and within range. Eco helps avoid heavy foot. Use D mode for cruising, B for steep downhill slopes or windy roads.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭sh81722

The Eco doesn't make any difference in my opinion, just result in a dull drive. You can get the same result by just being careful with the throttle. if you use cruise control the Eco does absolutely nothing. The consumption on our old 40 kWh was quite good until indicated 110 km/h (~105 real speed) but quickly got very thirsty above that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭jkforde

yeah, I set 111km/h (just like the number! 😂) B in cruise and it seems to be a decent balance between getting somewhere and not going over the battery drain cliff

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

• Registered Users Posts: 5,119 ✭✭✭homer911

We have a 142 Leaf, 24Kwh and still have 100% battery and range from full of about 122 Km

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,021 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

You simply do not have 100% battery, if you are referring to the 12bars and you have all 12 still then super stuff but that just means you are 85%+, most likely in the high 80%

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,599 ✭✭✭obi604

hi

I have a 2014 Leaf. I can open the charge port lid via the key fob or the physical button in the car.

I have noticed lately when I 'pop' the lid via either way - its not popping out as much as it used to.

Before I could get a whole finger underneath and then lift it open, now I can only get a fingernail in and there seems to be a slight catch when I lift it open, looked around an no obvious issues.

Anyone experienced this before?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭sh81722

The hinges are quite complicated. Try so squirt some penetrating oil on them and then use careful force to move it back and forth to see if it loosens up. Then protect with some grease afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭rodneytrotter15

Plugged the Leaf into the 32amp charger in work and I'm not hearing the click noise that it is fully seated and getting 3 flashing blue nights and no charge. 161 Leaf that I plugged in yesterday and charged although oddly I didn't hear the click. Checked a different car and the charger is working fine.

Anyone got an quick troubleshooting suggestions before I go to the main dealer.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,021 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Just a clean out of the pins is all I can think of

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭rodneytrotter15

Cheers just sorted now. Rubber seal in the charger head was bent and preventing a connection couldn't see it in the dark this morning. Back charging now.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭freshfruit

Hi, I have a 151 leaf, basic edition. The heating has just gone. It's the basic heating, not a heat pump. I am pretty sure that the Nissan cost will be pretty steep to fix. Anybody knows a reliable independent mechanic that has experience with Leafs that could have a second look at it. Thanks.

Nissan will charge you around 4-5k for that.

The PTC heater goes on them and every other time, the fuse which is extremely difficult to access, requiring the removal of the DC to DC inverter. If this is your problem (and it likely is), it won't be a cheap fix.

Stay Free

• Registered Users Posts: 18,583 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Phenomenal money to fix something on an eight year old car. Jesus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭freshfruit

thanks ...Ghost... Not good news, I am afraid. Anybody knows an independent mechanic who's got experience in Nissan Leafs?

Advertisement