Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Nissan Leaf

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

That is mad.
    Have you checked the boot for some uk immigrants:)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,119 ✭✭✭✭KCross

mel.b wrote: »
    Some of you may have seen the video I took last night on the EV irish owners FB group, but I'll post it here.

For information
    - Nissan Leaf 2016 30kwh 6.6
    - no one else in the car
    - 2nd set of keys inside the house on the fire mantle piece
    - Nothing else in the car
    - I am using the fob to lock the car
    - Nissan Connect NOT installed on phone.

Every time I have tried to lock the car with the phone inside when Nissan Connect is NOT installed it does this. Obviously making sure that Nissan Connect is installed is the solution :pac:

What model of the iPhone is it?

Don't the newer iPhones have ApplePay which has a near field tap type function to pay for things and maybe the car is picking that up and it is being interpreted by the car as "the keys are in the car".

Presumably if the iPhone is turned off and left in the car the issue doesn't happen?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

kceire wrote: »
    That is mad.
    Have you checked the boot for some uk immigrants:)

LOL! The only uk immigrant in the boot is the box of chocolates the dealer gave me...must remember to get those out!
    KCross wrote: »
    What model of the iPhone is it?

Don't the newer iPhones have ApplePay which has a near field tap type function to pay for things and maybe the car is picking that up and it is being interpreted by the car as "the keys are in the car".

Presumably if the iPhone is turned off and left in the car the issue doesn't happen?

it's an iPhone 6, version 10.2.1. I don't think I have apple pay set up on it.

I haven't tried it with the phone off...you've given me something to try now.

Could you also, in another test, disable bluetooth on the phone as that is the only other connection the phone can make with the car. Maybe they have introduced a software bug where a phone connected via bluetooth is stopping the lock.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

Some of you may have seen the video I took last night on the EV irish owners FB group, but I'll post it here.

For information
    - Nissan Leaf 2016 30kwh 6.6
    - no one else in the car
    - 2nd set of keys inside the house on the fire mantle piece
    - Nothing else in the car
    - I am using the fob to lock the car
    - Nissan Connect NOT installed on phone.

Every time I have tried to lock the car with the phone inside when Nissan Connect is NOT installed it does this. Obviously making sure that Nissan Connect is installed is the solution :pac:

Can you try that again, but this time when you open the door to take out the phone just close the door again instead and try lock.

Also, can you lock the car using the button on the door handle with the phone inside?

(With Nissan Connect the phone doesn't communicate directly with the car. The app communicates with Nissan's servers in Japan and they in turn communicate with the car via GSM)

• Advertisement

I didn't see this on Facebook ? are you on the Irish EV Owners or the Irish EV Owners Association ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,882 ✭✭✭Soarer

The Judean People's Front!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,989 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Some of you may have seen the video I took last night on the EV irish owners FB group,
    I didn't see this on Facebook ? are you on the Irish EV Owners or the Irish EV Owners Association ?

She said it was in the irish ev owners group.
    I'm not in there so I can't see the posts. Perhaps someone who is on facebook can confirm? I see there are two similar named groups

Yeah the Association is the one I'm in the original Irish EV owners group was too full of nutters , I mean serious nut cases that I just left the group. Lets just say they are people I would not like to meet at a charge point !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭quenching

Soarer wrote: »
    The Judean People's Front!

Splitters :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

Yeah the Association is the one I'm in the original Irish EV owners group was too full of nutters , I mean serious nut cases that I just left the group. Lets just say they are people I would not like to meet at a charge point !

It's not *full* of nutters, both groups have largely the same members. There are a couple in one who refuse to join the other and it seems to based on personality clashes more than anything. Just mute them and the problem goes away!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,589 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Got a quote from an Irish dealer to change my car to a Leaf, €8500.

My trade-in: 2008 Honda FR-V, 1.8 petrol, 150,000km.
    Leaf : 2014 Acenta, 6.6 charger, cold pack, 2 cables, 38,000km.

Any opinions?

That leaf would retail at 12k-12.5k or so imo.
    Not so updated with ICE prices, if the honda is worth significantly more than 3500 (12000-8500) then it is not a good deal.

The Leaf is priced at 11950, being allowed 3500 on the FR-V, which I'm disappointed with.
    I priced it privately at 4800, and would hope to get at least 4 as a trade-in.

Ok so you've done the sums and it's not that much overpriced, you have to ask yourself is it worth losing 500 quid but also avoiding the hassle of dealing with a private sale.
    It's an individual question, but I know for me it would be!

You may be right!

The dealer always wins !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

NIMAN wrote: »

Any opinions?

I bought a 141 27000km without ice pack for 12k with a 6.6 charge point for 250 before Easter so not a bad price. What's best offer cash if you sold privately?

If I didn't get 4500 for the FRV, I'd hold on to it for now.

Any opinions?
    The Leaf is priced at 11950, being allowed 3500 on the FR-V, which I'm disappointed with.
    I priced it privately at 4800, and would hope to get at least 4 as a trade-in.
    If I didn't get 4500 for the FRV, I'd hold on to it for now.

Are you being realistic on the value of the FR-V as trade-in to a dealer?
    If a dealer is asking €5950 for the same(?) car with a good bit less mileage on it Id say you could get it for €5k from that dealer as a straight, no trade in deal and have a dealer guarantee on it.

You then have to expect at least €1k less than that when you are trading it in as the dealer that takes it off you has to have margin and wriggle room to fix things that might go wrong when he sells it on.

Your best bet, nearly always, is to sell privately. Other than that I think €4k is the max(€3500 sounds about right) you'll get on the FR-V as a trade-in and anything more just means the car you're buying is probably over-priced to compensate.

• Advertisement

Thanks.
    I'll see if any interest in my own......plus the Leaf is in white and I'm not mad on it in that colour....will bide my time til more come on the market.
    I'd nearly be more inclined to buy a Leaf privately, as I'd get one much cheaper than a dealer.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

@ Niman

You could land this one at €10,500. It's a white 6.6 Acenta with a few less miles. And you would also get a granny charger as it's a UK model. Dealership is in Preston, so not a long drive in the UK. If taking Liverpool Ferry, you wouldn't even need to stop to charge in the UK. If going Holyhead, 1 stop would do if you took it easy....safer to do two stops and speed along at 70mph.

This one is even closer in Chorley. Same spec, less miles, an extra grand to pay.

You could view both if you wanted. Only a few miles apart

They both have 9995, but 8995 underneath, with ASK!! written beside it

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

The "ASK" could be the nissan 1k purchase bonus offered in the uk currently. I looked into it when I was buying but I couldn't avail of it as I was anot a uk resident.

Only the 995 one has that. The 1st one is 9100GBP

Either way, much better value than what is on offer. Even if you sold your FRV for 3k, you would still be saving on the deal you're being offered.

I could fudge an address in the north!

Then put Irish plates on her once I own it?

I could fudge an address in the north!

Then put Irish plates on her once I own it?

Or call and say "I assume 8995 is the best cash price" after asking the questions and explaining you'll be travelling from Ireland and will need it ready on x date.

Spoke to the Chorley crowd this morning re:the 9995 Acenta.

The 8995 price is only available is you take out finance with them.
    I asked what would best cash price would be. He said 9995.
    I said there must be some reduction possible if I landed with cash, but apparently not. Strange.

Spoke to the Chorley crowd this morning re:the 9995 Acenta.

The 8995 price is only available is you take out finance with them.
    I asked what would best cash price would be. He said 9995.
    I said there must be some reduction possible if I landed with cash, but apparently not. Strange.

They are next to impossible to negotiate with. That was my experience. They get some deal when they sell finance. The idea is the finance company make money from defaulters......or the finance encourages future sales. They want people on credit.

Get them to send a video and to highlight any imperfections. If tyres need doing, you may get something there, but otherwise, you won't. They know they will sell the car at that price, so there's no incentive to do a better deal. It's a good price anyway and they know it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Orebro

In fairness to the UK dealers, they advertise at the price they want and leave little room for maneuver - I found it refreshing as opposed to feeling out the dealers here to see what they'd take off.

Advertisement