Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Nissan Leaf

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,882 ✭✭✭Soarer

Nissan Ireland Page

24 kWh Leaf SV - €23,990
    24 kWh Leaf SVE - €23,390.

€600 less for the top spec model?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,119 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Soarer wrote: »
    Nissan Ireland Page

24 kWh Leaf SV - €23,990
    24 kWh Leaf SVE - €23,390.

€600 less for the top spec model?

Has to be a typo surely! Unless they are trying to shift excess stock before Leaf II but I doubt it.

I'd say it should be 26390 for the SVE as the 30kWh SVE is correctly priced at 29390 and there is usually 3k premium for the 30kWh.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,373 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

"Nissan hasn't made it completely clear, but we expect ProPilot will be available as another optional extra on the Leaf"

Linky

An optional extra? Surely it must come as standard? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,589 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I see there are 3 Leafs up for auction on 11th, at Wilsons Dublin.

http://www.wilsonsauctions.com/auctions/car/AuctionEvent?saleCode=17131&lotPageNo=1#event-details

I wonder what brings these cars to auction? Are they repo?

Do you think it would be a good chance to pick up a bargain?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,942 ✭✭✭Bigus

NIMAN wrote: »
    I see there are 3 Leafs up for auction on 11th, at Wilsons Dublin.

http://www.wilsonsauctions.com/auctions/car/AuctionEvent?saleCode=17131&lotPageNo=1#event-details

I wonder what brings these cars to auction? Are they repo?

Do you think it would be a good chance to pick up a bargain?

They've been running them throughfor 2 months , so they're not really for proper auction , ring them and they'll indicate a reserve.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

I'd guess they have been returned after PCP contracts have expired and the owners have handed them back. That seems to be what happens with them in the UK.

That's likely what I'll be doing too. If it's devalued much below the 12K or so GFMV then they can have it.

Now they have a 5,500 GFMV on new PCP's lol

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭ironmonkey

I know this info is in this thread but I've had a good read and can't find exactly what I'm looking for. In terms of gen 1.5 can I take it that any 2014 model is 1.5? Then the base visia model has very little tech while the medium model the acenta has most of the toys. I have a truck load of other questions about home charge points but if I could narrow down the search in second hand uk cars I'd appreciate it. Thanks all.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

ironmonkey wrote: »
    I know this info is in this thread but I've had a good read and can't find exactly what I'm looking for. In terms of gen 1.5 can I take it that any 2014 model is 1.5? Then the base visia model has very little tech while the medium model the acenta has most of the toys. I have a truck load of other questions about home charge points but if I could narrow down the search in second hand uk cars I'd appreciate it. Thanks all.

All 2014 (and some 2013) models will be 1.5 Gen. easiest way to tell a 1.5 is the eco button on the right side of the steering wheel. It also doesn't have the hand brake button in front of the arm rest.....it's now a foot brake in the 1.5.

Acenta is a good car with good spec, but the Tekna has the extra toys including 360 reverse camera, heater leather fromt and rear seats...and the 17" alloys.

Charger questions have recently been answered. Just look over the last 3 pages for the relevant threads.

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭Repolho

Hoping to buy a leaf for the second car in the family. Unfortunately second hand ones are rare here in Cork. Dealer was offering me a new 24kw SVE model for 21k.
    Is it worth investing in a 24kw these days with 30kw available and probably bigger on the way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,326 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Repolho wrote: »
    Hoping to buy a leaf for the second car in the family. Unfortunately second hand ones are rare here in Cork. Dealer was offering me a new 24kw SVE model for 21k.
    Is it worth investing in a 24kw these days with 30kw available and probably bigger on the way.

Don't limit yourself to Cork.

Many here including myself have gone to England for a car.

Contact Phil Fitzgerald at http://www.electricautos.ie/

He has 2016 top spec 39kwh Leafs with the 6.6 on board charger for a little less than you're being quoted.

I doubt that what you're being offered is the top spec model?

Also ask yourself if you need the 30kw version and if it's worth the extra expense. I was in that position a few months ago and when I thought about it, the extra few grand was too much for the rarely beneficial "convenience" of having a few extra kilometres in the tank. I can think of only 1 journey so far that the 30kw version woukd have saved me from needing to stop on my way to my destination.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭isnottheword

Repolho wrote: »
    You can't really afford to limit yourself geographically - there's not all that much used EV stock around (at least, not by the time you select the options that you need).

If you're prepared to consider €21K outlay, you might as well go the whole hog and buy an Ioniq for a few grand more.

21k , an Ioniq for a few K more ?

Definitely the 30 Kwh Leaf is worth it over the 24 Kwh, more range and faster charging on DC, the 24 Kwh Leaf is just too slow on DC especially in Winter when the battery is cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,989 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Definitely the 30 Kwh Leaf is worth it over the 24 Kwh, more range and faster charging on DC, the 24 Kwh Leaf is just too slow on DC especially in Winter when the battery is cold.

If I was thinking of spending 21k on an EV right now, I'd spend 12 of it on a Zoe with battery owned, and take the remaining 9 and put it towards something else (solar PV, powerwall, etc)

There's no value in a 21k new leaf that is instantly deprecated as the new leaf is out in september

I wouldn't buy an new XE LEaf when you could get a 30 Kwh SVE or even SV 2nd hand.

Where will you get a Zoe with battery 2nd hand ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭isnottheword

With scrappage, is it not possible to achieve at €25k (with a bare bones car used for the trade in)?

I wouldn't buy an new XE LEaf when you could get a 30 Kwh SVE or even SV 2nd hand.

Where will you get a Zoe with battery 2nd hand ?
    Available in the UK, not too common but they are there

There's been a couple of SV/SVE gen 1.5 leafs for 10k, the 30kWh is too expensive still with the updates around the corner and new model.

If I was buying right now and it had to be new Id have an Ioniq.

Yeah but if you have a budget then it's wise to stick to it.

But you're right , I wouldn't buy any new EV right now , especially a 24 Kwh XE spec Leaf, we're at that crucial point where a lot better is on the way.

I3 facelift more range, New "recycled Leaf" more range, , E-golf facelift more range, longer range Ioniq. New Kia Niro EV.

I sat in the Niro Hybrid, it's spacious and nice enough but was expecting it to be larger.

Nissan should really rebrand the existing Leaf and sell it for 17K with 30 Kwh !

• Advertisement

Nissan should really rebrand the existing Leaf and sell it for 17K with 30 Kwh !

Yes, that would be a game changer
    Wonder if it would cannibalise market share from their faux by 4 markets though, and the juke/pulsar market.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,589 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Off on a tangent, wondering if this would be feasible?

Whilst charging your car in public, would you be able to keep a dashcam live and operational, and so keep an eye on anyone tinkering with the cable?

Whilst charging your car in public, would you be able to keep a dashcam live and operational, and so keep an eye on anyone tinkering with the cable?

It would run off the 12v battery.
    I've seen it done, if the wiring is ran directly to the battery and excludes the ignition.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=103211866

ELM327 wrote: »
    Yes, that would be a game changer
    Wonder if it would cannibalise market share from their faux by 4 markets though, and the juke/pulsar market.

No reason they can't make those electric either. More choice.

Yes that shouldn't be a problem as some have a built in battery.

I'm sure you could make it live too so you could monitor on your phone. The downside is that you'd need to have internet in the car and a separate data plan.

Does the leaf have a cigarette charger? I picked up a car vacuum cleaner in lidl tonight and it connects using the cigarette charger but I can't find one!

Also my old car had little window deflectors (for want of a better word). The leaf doesn't have them and when I wind the window down, water drops come into the car. Can you get them for the leaf - I'm presuming not as it may affect the aerodynamics and hence economy?

Yes there's a 12V socket in the Leaf, I use it to charge the phone.

You can get deflectors ,

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/CLIMAIR-Car-Wind-Deflectors-NISSAN-LEAF-2010-onwards-FRONT-Pair-/351983013846?hash=item51f3d28fd6:g:v9gAAOxyDEVSc6CW

Thanks, where is the 12v socket?

I might look into get a pair of those deflectors...thanks for the link

• Advertisement

The 12V socket is here, best pic I can find atm. Just above the USB socket.

12329-c6f4ae8536165b36a6d8455238dbd083.jpg

Advertisement