Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Nissan Leaf

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

The 12V socket is here, best pic I can find atm. Just above the USB socket.

12329-c6f4ae8536165b36a6d8455238dbd083.jpg

Hmmm, mine looks different but I'll have a look.

Edit: I found a youtube video that shows where it is. I presume you have something plugged into yours which is why you have the two usb connectors there?

Nope will be the same, it just looks different in the pic because there is something plugged into it. You can see the flap of the USB socket directly under it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

It's a bit difficult to see, so you can be forgiven for not finding it. You can just see it underneath the centre console in this pic.

tumblr_static_2013-nissan-leaf-blue-interior-dashboard_copy.jpg

above the gear selector thingy :P

Just above the USB socket.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,373 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

That's likely what I'll be doing too. If it's devalued much below the 12K or so GFMV then they can have it.

If you can bring in a 1year old 30kWh for €17k, then surely a 3 year old 24kWh wouldn't be worth anywhere near €12k?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Irishder

Looking at getting a 2nd hand leaf as a second car. Mainly used for short spins, dropping kids to school, into town etc. 24kWh would do my needs. Budget around 9K. Is this realistic or would i be buying a lemon. Could import from UK if savings are to be made. Anything i should look out for?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭Genghis

NIMAN wrote: »
    I see there are 3 Leafs up for auction on 11th, at Wilsons Dublin.

http://www.wilsonsauctions.com/auctions/car/AuctionEvent?saleCode=17131&lotPageNo=1#event-details

I wonder what brings these cars to auction? Are they repo?

Do you think it would be a good chance to pick up a bargain?

That's likely what I'll be doing too. If it's devalued much below the 12K or so GFMV then they can have it.

Now they have a 5,500 GFMV on new PCP's lol

unkel wrote: »
    If you can bring in a 1year old 30kWh for €17k, then surely a 3 year old 24kWh wouldn't be worth anywhere near €12k?

I called yesterday and today about tonights auction (yesterday they had no Lot no. so was advised to call back today).

They are guiding 13k to 15k for the two Acentas, 10k to 12k for the Tekna. They don't advise reserves on the phone (assume they do at the auction?). Per the note online the cars are not available for inspection today (as they are in Portadown). They don't know from the mechanical report or any other detail available to them in Dublin if they are 24Kwh or 30Kwh: I looked up some of the car check sites in the UK and using the rule of thumb (if its a 30Kwh it will be stated), I think these are 24Kwh.

I was considering going tonight but would have to travel to Dublin and I don't see value at those expectation (especially without inspection or clarity on battery).

If anyone attends tonight I'd love to hear if they go and at what price.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Genghis wrote: »
    I called yesterday and today about tonights auction (yesterday they had no Lot no. so was advised to call back today).

They are guiding 13k to 15k for the two Acentas, 10k to 12k for the Tekna.

I guess the other way round - 10-12k for Acenta, 13-15k for two Teknas...

All have similar mileage and same year, don't they?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭Genghis

grogi wrote: »
    I guess the other way round - 10-12k for Acenta, 13-15k for two Teknas...

All have similar mileage and same year, don't they?

Oops typed that too quick. Yes other way round. All 3 are Mar to June 15 and all are between 11.5k and 14.5k miles.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭stesaurus

Join up to the online auction and watch it live

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,882 ✭✭✭Soarer

Irishder wrote: »
    Looking at getting a 2nd hand leaf as a second car. Mainly used for short spins, dropping kids to school, into town etc. 24kWh would do my needs. Budget around 9K. Is this realistic or would i be buying a lemon. Could import from UK if savings are to be made. Anything i should look out for?

This one is good value

Was €7777 a couple of weeks back. Front bumper looks a different colour.

Thanks but i think the fact it was a taxi and high mileage would put me off

• Registered Users Posts: 21,989 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

High miles are not important, the SOH is what's important. If the 94% SOH is accurate and verified by leafspy then that's a great purchase for someone.

The only bit that makes me a little suspicious is:
    TAXI for 2 years, and 2 years private use, so make sure you are happy what you buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,373 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Probably well used and a bit rough. Good value though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

Question for you guys here.

I am possibly going to buy a Leaf within the next few weeks, But where I will be getting it is about 140 Kilometres away. Its a 151 24kWh version.

Would i need to stop for a recharge on the way home? Its motorway driving the whole way.

If I do need to charge. Can I preregister for the ESB charging points? Or can I charge at them with out registering?

Thanks in advance of replies.

Stokolan wrote: »

I am possibly going to buy a Leaf within the next few weeks, But where I will be getting it is about 140 Kilometres away. Its a 151 24kWh version.

Would i need to stop for a recharge on the way home? Its motorway driving the whole way.

If I do need to charge. Can I preregister for the ESB charging points? Or can I charge at them with out registering?

Thanks in advance of replies.

Yes you will need to charge.
    You can pre-request the card from ecars (i did) with proof of address and a link to the car I was buying.

If you don't get the card, you can call the number on the chargepoint and they can activate a charge remotely.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,882 ✭✭✭Soarer

Irishder wrote: »

In a turbo diesel, yeah.

But in a Leaf, it wouldn't be an issue. Like ELM said, as long as the SOH of the battery is correct and it has no accident damage, etc., she's good value.

I bought my 2011 a couple of months back with 145k kms on the clock, and the battery SOH @ 75%. She's still spot on and I'm delighted with it.

Where are you driving from and to?

Yes, you will need to stop once.

You can pre-register, yes, as above...and can also get the charge point activated remotely. Many of the Fast Charge Points can be activated with any RFID card (like an ATM card).

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭Repolho

Repolho wrote: »
    Hoping to buy a leaf for the second car in the family. Unfortunately second hand ones are rare here in Cork. Dealer was offering me a new 24kw SVE model for 21k.
    Is it worth investing in a 24kw these days with 30kw available and probably bigger on the way.

Posted this last week and only getting back to it now. Thanks for all the replies, some great info/advice given.

• Advertisement

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Don't limit yourself to Cork.

Many here including myself have gone to England for a car.

Contact Phil Fitzgerald at http://www.electricautos.ie/

He has 2016 top spec 39kwh Leafs with the 6.6 on board charger for a little less than you're being quoted.

I doubt that what you're being offered is the top spec model?

Ideally I'd like to buy local for aftersales etc but you're right, i think I'll have to broaden my search. I have an 05 focus to get rid of so I think going to England would be too much hassle but that website is interesting. I'd seen his ads on donedeal. Must try to get up to him.

The 21k price was including 4k scrappage. Salesman said nissan have a limited number at that price as a run out before new model is launched. It was definitely an SVE model he quoted me for.

goz83 wrote: »
    Also ask yourself if you need the 30kw version and if it's worth the extra expense. I was in that position a few months ago and when I thought about it, the extra few grand was too much for the rarely beneficial "convenience" of having a few extra kilometres in the tank. I can think of only 1 journey so far that the 30kw version woukd have saved me from needing to stop on my way to my destination.

Thanks, been trying to figure this one out for myself.

The car would be for my wife. She only does short runs daily to schools, shops etc but once a week she goes to Carrigtohill which is a 55km journey on mostly motorways and there's no charger in Carrigtohill. This would be after doing normal daily driving so that might be 125km in the day. Would a 24kw do that range ? I don't like the idea of her waiting around alone, late at night to charge the car.

You can't really afford to limit yourself geographically - there's not all that much used EV stock around (at least, not by the time you select the options that you need).

If you're prepared to consider €21K outlay, you might as well go the whole hog and buy an Ioniq for a few grand more.

I went to have a look at the ioniq today. Dealer told me none available anywhere in the country until Oct or Nov. He didn't even have a demo model for me to look at as he had sold it. All this was told to me by the receptionist, the salesman wouldn't even come talk to me. As I walked out there was a 171 ioniq on charge outside the door!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭isnottheword

This would be after doing normal daily driving so that might be 125km in the day. Would a 24kw do that range ? I don't like the idea of her waiting around alone, late at night to charge the car.

You're on the periphery of what's achievable with a 24kW model. Can she use a EVSE/granny charger in Carigtohill? I'd ask what's the general outline of the route but then if you don't want her using public chargepoints, then maybe it's neither here nor there.

Thanks, been trying to figure this one out for myself.

The car would be for my wife. She only does short runs daily to schools, shops etc but once a week she goes to Carrigtohill which is a 55km journey on mostly motorways and there's no charger in Carrigtohill. This would be after doing normal daily driving so that might be 125km in the day. Would a 24kw do that range ? I don't like the idea of her waiting around alone, late at night to charge the car.

Round trip, it would be very fine cutting. I am assuming she is visiting family, so there is likely access to an electric outlet she could use for a top up. She could probably stop before reaching carrig for a top up too....not late at night.

I went to have a look at the ioniq today. Dealer told me none available anywhere in the country until Oct or Nov. He didn't even have a demo model for me to look at as he had sold it. All this was told to me by the receptionist, the salesman wouldn't even come talk to me. As I walked out there was a 171 ioniq on charge outside the door!

There's a good few for sale on carzone.

Or wait for the Leaf 2 announcement on September the 6th.

There's a good few for sale on carzone.

Or wait for the Leaf 2 announcement on September the 6th.
    Re Leaf2
    Have they confirmed if it is type 1 or type 2 AC, and the charging speed?

ELM327 wrote: »
    Re Leaf2
    Have they confirmed if it is type 1 or type 2 AC, and the charging speed?

There's nothing confirmed until the September 6th announcement.

Ok.
    I wonder if they've gone with a type2 connection and used the 22kW AC chameleon from the Zoe, given that renault-nissan are so intertwined.

That could be a gamechanger like the ioniq was, if the leaf has 22kW AC and 100kW DC capability. I believe Nissan already confirmed it was still chademo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,589 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Do people envisage the price of Gen 1.5 Leafs dropping off much after this announcement?

Would now be a bad time to buy? Better to wait til closer to end of year?

Advertisement