Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Nissan Leaf

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,377 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

A €7k carbon fibre aero kit for your Leaf? That's a bit like having a gold plated toilet seat :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭peposhi

unkel wrote: »
    A €7k carbon fibre aero kit for your Leaf? That's a bit like having a gold plated toilet seat :p

More like €10k :)

I would love to have that golden seat in my Leaf lol

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,311 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Different tastes and all that.
    Bit like spending extra on the MSport version of a BMW or SLine version of an Audi I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,882 ✭✭✭Soarer

Genghis wrote: »
    Good luck with the new car! Been looking for just this (14, 6.6, Tekna / Acenta) on and off in the UK over the past few weeks - they seem rare enough?

Any tips for finding one?

Here's one.

2016 Acenta with 6.6kW charger for (asking) £13,500

• Registered Users Posts: 33,589 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Soarer wrote: »

That's a 16, think they are looking a 14.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,119 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Genghis wrote: »
    Good luck with the new car! Been looking for just this (14, 6.6, Tekna / Acenta) on and off in the UK over the past few weeks - they seem rare enough?

Any tips for finding one?

Here ya go....
    https://speakev.com/threads/nissan-leaf-acenta-2015-9995-6-6kw-charger-rapid.68065/

2015 Acenta/Sv for £9995, red, 6.6kW

• Registered Users Posts: 21,989 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

So on a similar vein, what do people think would be a good selling price for a 2014 SVE leaf. 6.6 charger. cold pack. 60k miles, one scratch on the back bumper but otherwise great condition inside and out, showing 92% on leafspy?

I'm considering selling up and buying an Ioniq, and figure if I can sell privately i may get a better deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭cros13

ELM327 wrote: »
    So on a similar vein, what do people think would be a good selling price for a 2014 SVE leaf. 6.6 charger. cold pack. 60k miles, one scratch on the back bumper but otherwise great condition inside and out, showing 92% on leafspy?

I'm considering selling up and buying an Ioniq, and figure if I can sell privately i may get a better deal.

~€15k

So that's a list at 15k, but hope to achieve what, 14?

reason I ask is I am going to go in and see this at the weekend and see (a) what trade in I am offered and (b) when the trade in is derisory, put a deposit in and sell privately myself.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/hyundai-ioniq-ev-5dr-auto/14125532

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

cros13 wrote: »
    ~€15k

That's great selling price... 12k seems more realistic...

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/nissan-leaf-tekna/16395147

• Advertisement

grogi wrote: »
    That's great selling price... 12k seems more realistic...

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/nissan-leaf-tekna/16395147

Yes I've been looking around but there are not many SVE leafs for sale from 2014 in Ireland.
    I should add I would also be throwing in the granny cable I purchased not so long ago for >300, spare wheel kit and also standard AC cable. I won't need the type 1 cable since an Ioniq is type 2

I also just taxed the car for 12 months and spent >400 on four new tyres.

I want to get a reasonable idea in my head before approaching a dealer as what price I could reasonably expect to achieve from a private sale.

I feel even €12k is optimistic. That said, not a lot of SVE around and some people are only interested in this spec and willing to pay a premium. I'd sell the granny cable separately. Normally I'd recommend selling privately, but if you're going for Ioniq, with its unreliable delivery dates, maybe not. Or not sell the Leaf privately until you have Ioniq (if your cash flow situation can handle that)

Are you aiming to get a cancellation / demo model / white car, or are you ordering now for delivery on 181 plates?

I feel even €12k is optimistic. That said, not a lot of SVE around and some people are only interested in this spec and willing to pay a premium. I'd sell the granny cable separately. Normally I'd recommend selling privately, but if you're going for Ioniq, with its unreliable delivery dates, maybe not. Or not sell the Leaf privately until you have Ioniq (if your cash flow situation can handle that)

Are you aiming to get a cancellation / demo model / white car, or are you ordering now for delivery on 181 plates?
    Unfortunately cash flow dictates it must be sold first. To be honest the minimum I was expecting (ie worst case scenario) was 12.
    I have a stopgap ICE car for the interim (ugh.. I know right)

I was aiming for a demo car as the new ones are advertised at 31 and any ex demo seems to be mid 20.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭angiogoir

Go get it. Especially while charging is free.

ELM327 wrote: »
    I have a stopgap ICE car for the interim

That's good. It will take the pressure off selling and you can sit tight until you get what you want / close to it for the Leaf

Did you consider getting an Ioniq from the UK? Occasionally a sub £20k one pops up, and sterling is extremely low at the moment, you could bring it in for less than €22k landed

You have a charger, so the free charger that comes with a new car is of no benefit to you?

And anyway, I wouldn't do anything until the new Leaf is launched in a few weeks time and more details about range / pricing are available!

I'm looking at all options really, just want rid as I have a regular weekend trip of 140+km, which the leaf cannot do without charging and I am sick to the hind teeth of queuing for chargers in Dublin every saturday.

I don't have a charger but I am not going to get one installed, a granny cable worked fine up to now so I will get a type2 granny cable. I have no interest in a new leaf so I won't wait for that. If anything I want to move now to sell the leaf before the new model!

I expect a lot of Leafs to become available 2nd hand when the next leaf is available. I imagine a lot of current owners will kill for the extra range.

I'm dying to find out the charging power on DC !

2 weeks to go today 5th I heard mentioned ?

Maybe another month for EPA rating ?

I expect a lot of Leafs to become available 2nd hand when the next leaf is available. I imagine a lot of current owners will kill for the extra range.

Wouldn't hold your breath for more than 50kW.
    Chademo (the current version) is limited to 62kW so it won't be earth shattering anyway.

Well here's the thing, the Kia Soul can charge at 100 Kw 28 kwh battery but obviously not for long.

Well here's the thing, the Kia Soul can charge at 100 Kw 28 kwh battery but obviously not for long.

Can it?
    Because I have not seen anything higher than 62kW on any reviews. Even the Bjorn nyland review he complains about the slow charging speeds.

• Advertisement

Seemingly but I've yet to hear of a 100 kw ChaDeMo charger.

http://insideevs.com/kia-installs-first-100-kw-chademo-dc-fast-chargers-europe/

Kia Installs First 100 kW CHAdeMO DC Fast Chargers In Europe

and that was 3 years ago so perhaps the triple headed chargers that can supply 65 kw to the Ioniq can alco provide 65 Kw on ChaDeMo ?

http://insideevs.com/kia-installs-first-100-kw-chademo-dc-fast-chargers-europe/

Kia Installs First 100 kW CHAdeMO DC Fast Chargers In Europe

and that was 3 years ago so perhaps the triple headed chargers that can supply 65 kw to the Ioniq can alco provide 65 Kw on ChaDeMo ?

I doubt very much that the efacec units that supply >62kW on CCS will support it on Chademo considering they are older hardware and don't support Chademo 2.0 (which I believe allows for 150kW)

Kia's 100 Kw charger isn't ChaDeMo II.

There are no ChaDeMo II that I'm aware of.

Kia's 100 Kw charger isn't ChaDeMo II.

There are no ChaDeMo II that I'm aware of.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CHAdeMO
    CHAdeMO is the trade name of a quick charging method for battery electric vehicles delivering up to 62.5 kW of direct current (500 V, 125 A[1])

Yes I know but obviously Kia's 100 Kw chargers are not ChaDeMo II they're ChaDeMO I.

Yes I know but obviously Kia's 100 Kw chargers are not ChaDeMo II they're ChaDeMO I.

So are they higher than 500v, or greater than 125a?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,702 ✭✭✭✭BoatMad

I dont expect a glut , those on PCPs, will have little equity , so changing may need serious deposits

also at 40 kwh for a 30 Kwh owner, the increase in range will not be great, probably making the car a reliable 200km range car, which really just brings it inline with the Ioniq

many will wait to see the next battery iteration from Leaf 2 and Ioniq before deciding , I certainly am

Add better efficiency and you can see range go to 250+ Kms, some Zoe 40 Owners can squeeze 300+ kms , sure at lower speeds but if leaf II has better efficiency this is entirely possible we shall see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭isnottheword

BoatMad wrote: »
    I dont expect a glut , those on PCPs, will have little equity , so changing may need serious deposits
    I don't expect a glut either. 30kw's are in short supply. They don't roll off 24month pcp deals until the spring (for the most part). Even then, RCI are coreographing the release of these ex-lease cars into the market.

It will be an ever gradual/incremental reduction in price.

Advertisement