Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Nissan Leaf

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,882 ✭✭✭Soarer

Just checked the car builder on nissan.ie there, and a new 30kWh SVE with a 6.6kW charger and metallic paint, is coming in at €27k before scrappage and delivery.
    So €24k before haggling.

Not bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,119 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Soarer wrote: »
    Just checked the car builder on nissan.ie there, and a new 30kWh SVE with a 6.6kW charger and metallic paint, is coming in at €27k before scrappage and delivery.
    So €24k before haggling.

Not bad.

You'd be upset though if the 40kWh came out a few weeks later at a similar price, albeit not the SVE version.

KCross wrote: »
    You'd be upset though if the 40kWh came out a few weeks later at a similar price, albeit not the SVE version.

My point is/was that the current top spec model has been reduced before the release of the new model. So surely once the new one is released, the current model will fall even further.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,119 ✭✭✭✭KCross

My point is/was that the current top spec model has been reduced before the release of the new model. So surely once the new one is released, the current model will fall even further.

My guess is that it won't exist. They will be all gone.

UK dealers are saying that the "Black Edition", which is their runout model before the new one comes in, has stopped production as has all 24kWh versions a few months back so I don't think you will find a situation, for instance, where Leaf II is being offered for €25k and the old model for a reduced amount. If they do, it will be for a very short period of time.

Health warning, all guessing on my part but an educated guess based on what the UK dealers are saying.

What typically happens for other makes? e.g. New Yaris comes out... is there a few months of overlap where you can buy both new from the dealer?

Don't know. Never really looked at new cars!

I find it interesting though that you mentioned the 40kWh Leaf. The general consensus is that it's gonna be 40kWh usable. Every other car seem to have the total capacity listed.

So the new Leaf would be 44kWh?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,381 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Every other car seem to have the total capacity listed.

Ioniq is officially listed as 28kWh, but it has 28kWh usable. Would be so much better if all manufacturers would stick to this rule from now on. What we say is what you get!

I believe I heard 44 Kwh mentioned and 40 usable, but really we should just wait until next week.

If people remember some of the leaked pics of the leaf in I think it was , the U.K Plant then you'll see that the leaf looks like it's already in production. I expect based on my own speculation that the Leaf will be available to order by October. Which should hopefully give me a chance to test drive.

Hopefully the EPA test will follow soon after the 6th.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,589 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

• Registered Users Posts: 65,381 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

The first one is snake oil :D

The latter one "should" work, but I wouldn't buy it because chances are it won't. And because it's the same seller that sells the snake oil. Get the exact same one from the same source others have and you know it's working for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,326 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Or just give me a shout and I'll lend you mine!

Mind you I'm on holiday for 2 weeks...

Other option is to buy one from Phil Fitzgerald in electric autos. At least you'll know it works.

But if you're in no hurry, I'll be home on the 16th.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,311 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

NIMAN wrote: »

One or two in here is ise this. Based on their success I ordered it also. It works perfect with Leaf spy and my android work phone. I haven't got the iOS app so can't confirm if it works with iOS.

https://www.ebay.ie/itm/192135926105

It says on the advert

This fit for iOS System ONLY

Does it definitely work for Android too?

Another question about the Leaf.

Is there a known corrosion issue with the alloys on the Tekna?

The one I bought has some strange pattern on one of the alloys, and its also visible on this Leaf for sale too
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/263180809041?ul_noapp=true

And the one I nearly bought in the UK also had it as the seller told me only thing he could see that was wrong with car was corrosion on the alloys.

It says on the advert

This fit for iOS System ONLY

Does it definitely work for Android too?

I only have it set up in android. I have a heavily locked Samsung X cover from work and it works perfect. I can't even download google maps but this works.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

Another question about the Leaf.

Is there a known corrosion issue with the alloys on the Tekna?

The one I bought has some strange pattern on one of the alloys, and its also visible on this Leaf for sale too
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/263180809041?ul_noapp=true

And the one I nearly bought in the UK also had it as the seller told me only thing he could see that was wrong with car was corrosion on the alloys.

I haven't seen any with that sort of corrosion. Would bug the hell out of me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Diamond cuts alloys...

This corrosion is called 'white worm' and is common to all diamond cut wheels - not the most durable finish...

Mines the same, it's Very similar to the 18" wheels on the Mk5 Gilf GTi. Water gets under the lacquer and corrodes. If I ever refurb I would go dark charcoal or something, I wouldn't diamond cut again.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,326 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

I have similar marks on one of my Tekna alloys too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭g0g

Any recommendations for floor mats?
    I'm seeing € 20 on micksgarage but it says 2011-2013 model (mine is 2015). Any chance the fittings changed?
    Nissan are quoting me € 76 for rubber, € 58 for velour and € 27.55 for standard. Boot liner € 30 ish.
    I see carmatsireland as an option too.

• Advertisement

g0g wrote: »
    I'm seeing € 20 on micksgarage but it says 2011-2013 model (mine is 2015). Any chance the fittings changed?
    Nissan are quoting me € 76 for rubber, € 58 for velour and € 27.55 for standard. Boot liner € 30 ish.

You cannot really beat genuine mats. Just get the regular one from Nissan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Orebro

I got these, delivered via parcel motel - perfect fit, really happy with them: https://www.ebay.ie/itm/252493802347

Theres a slight difference in some mats out there.
    Some have the little flappy bit and some don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭cros13

I use weathertech liner mats, front, rear and boot in the Leaf and rear and boot in the i3 (fronts not available for RHD i3).

http://www.weathertecheurope.com/uk/nissan/2016/leaf/

http://www.weathertecheurope.com/uk/bmw/2015/i3/

Not cheap... but worth the money in my estimation. Even have cutouts with liquid containing lips for the cargo tie downs on the i3 and subwoofer on the SVE Leaf.
    grogi wrote: »
    You cannot really beat genuine mats. Just get the regular one from Nissan.

nah... the weathertechs are definitely better than the OEMs. For example, you can empty a whole liter of milk into the footwell on a leaf with the weathertech mats and not have any spill over. Just hose them down and pop them back in.

Never seen those ones before, they do look the business.

I guess you get what you pay for. But they are expensive.

cros13 wrote: »
    nah... the weathertechs are definitely better than the OEMs. For example, you can empty a whole liter of milk into the footwell on a leaf with the weathertech mats and not have any spill over. Just hose them down and pop them back in.

Last time I spilled a litre of milk is ... never ;) We don't get enough of snow to justify rubber mats really.

I also like the looks of fabric mats than rubber.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,404 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Couple of questions re my Leaf

1) is there anyway to do away with the acknowledgement on the display every time you switch on the car?

2) I'm getting about 6miles or juat over per bar, is that fairly standard on the 24Kw?

Couple of questions re my Leaf

1) is there anyway to do away with the acknowledgement on the display every time you switch on the car?

2) I'm getting about 6miles or juat over per bar, is that fairly standard on the 24Kw?

On the display: 1 bar ~ 2 kWh.
    Efficiency: 15 kWh/100 km => 24 kWh/100 miles => 2 kWh/8.33 miles

Yes, it looks about right. A bit under from what I would expect, but within reason.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,989 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Thats a total range of 72 miles, or approx 112km if my math is right
    Slightly below average but still within normal range for a 12 bar 24kWh.

Advertisement