Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Nissan Leaf

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,589 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Thanks.

Thought I might have got a bit more than 72, especially as those figures are all in B-Eco mode.

But no great odds, I clocked it yesterday doing all the school runs and 2 visits to the nearest town for shopping etc, which would be a regular days use, and it totalled 26.5 miles. So likely would need charged 3 times each week.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,989 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

NIMAN wrote: »
    Thanks.

Thought I might have got a bit more than 72, especially as those figures are all in B-Eco mode.

But no great odds, I clocked it yesterday doing all the school runs and 2 visits to the nearest town for shopping etc, which would be a regular days use, and it totalled 26.5 miles. So likely would need charged 3 times each week.

Before I got work charging installed I would have to do approx 75 miles a day. Of course also all in B-ECO
    One positive - you learn quite quickly the limit of the car! I'd frequently arrive home on vlbw and "---" showing.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,326 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

The pressing yes at the start is one of the minor irritations, as is not being able to turn the noise off by default.

But you'll get used to them.

Check what your miles per Kwh is via the dash. I get 3.3 to 3.4 usually.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,119 ✭✭✭✭KCross

DrPhilG wrote: »
    The pressing yes at the start is one of the minor irritations, as is not being able to turn the noise off by default.

But you'll get used to them.

Check what your miles per Kwh is via the dash. I get 3.3 to 3.4 usually.

Which noise are you referring to?
    Mine doesn't make any noise when I start it. That's configurable in the menus.

Or are you referring to the "pedestrian noise thing"?

KCross wrote: »
    Which noise are you referring to?
    Mine doesn't make any noise when I start it. That's configurable in the menus.

Or are you referring to the "pedestrian noise thing"?

Yes the pedestrian noise/whistle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,589 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I was chatting about the start up jingle.

Think I have it switched off now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭cros13

as is not being able to turn the noise off by default.

*cough* *cough* youcanturnoffthevspovertheobd2orcutthecable *cough*

sorry.... terrible cough

• Registered Users Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭cros13

cros13 wrote: »
    *cough* *cough* youcanturnoffthevspovertheobd2orcutthecable *cough*

sorry.... terrible cough

repost from andrik on mynissanleaf.com:
    atz
    ate0
    ath1
    ats0
    atsp6
    atcaf0
    atv0

atsh 73f
    atfcsh 73f
    atfcsd 30 00 10
    atfcsm 1
    atcra 761

02 10 C0           ;start diag session
    03 3b 01 00      ;drive start sound 00 - off/10 - on
    03 3b 02 00      ;drive sound 00 - off/10 - on
    03 3b 04 10      ;vehicle start sound 00 - off/10 - on
    02 10 85   ;reboot VSP

I finally updated LeafSpy and permanently turned off all sounds in the Leaf, finally, no more pressing the pedestrian warning noise maker every time I get into the car.

No more beeping when I open the charge flap or plug it in, such irritating features they installed , seriously irritating, I hate things that beep at me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭9or10

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭quenching

I finally updated LeafSpy and permanently turned off all sounds in the Leaf, finally, no more pressing the pedestrian warning noise maker every time I get into the car.

No more beeping when I open the charge flap or plug it in, such irritating features they installed , seriously irritating, I hate things that beep at me.

Out of curiosity, why would you want to have the pedestrian warning noise turned off permanently? I can understand the rare occasion when you might want to switch it off but why all the time? I accept that nobody really pays any attention to it, particularly older people, but it has on occasion been useful in making small children look up when I approach.

I find it bloody annoying.

I still turn it on occasionally if some dimwit is meandering around the road or carpark in front of me etc. But by default I want it off.

Didn't realise I could do that via leafspy so I'll sort it soon.

I find it bloody annoying.

I still turn it on occasionally if some dimwit is meandering around the road or carpark in front of me etc. But by default I want it off.

Didn't realise I could do that via leafspy so I'll sort it soon.

I've never found it useful with carpark zombies, they wouldn't notice it or the sound of an ancient JCB, and even if they do they keep dawdling. However, it is better than nothing when driving through housing estates with cars parked on roadsides, I can live with hitting a dopey adult at 20kph as they'll probably survive without too much difficulty, but a small child will most likely not fare so well. It's the small child who is more likely to hear the high-frequency sound anyway so I suggest its wiser to leave it switched on and cope with the minor annoyance.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,381 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Driving through housing estates your speed should never be more than 30km/h, preferably a good bit less if visibility is not great / there are parked cars. A child can jump in front of your car at any time, whether your car makes any noise or not probably makes very little difference.

unkel wrote: »
    Driving through housing estates your speed should never be more than 30km/h, preferably a good bit less if visibility is not great / there are parked cars. A child can jump in front of your car at any time, whether your car makes any noise or not probably makes very little difference.

I agree entirely, but it just might at some stage, maybe, possibly, make a small difference. So, and given that the sound only operates below 30 km/h, why not just leave it switched on. I still work under the assumption that while driving or cycling I'm invisible and inaudible, and that all pedestrians have suicidal tendencies. I live in a housing estate with a much ignored voluntary 30km/h speed limit and have noticed children look up when they hear the whistling noise of the Leaf, probably still due to the novelty value more than anything.

I prefer to leave it switched on, I'm old and grumpy and barely hear it, better safe than sorry.

BTW, I still prefer kph even though km/h is correct, it's easier to type and I like to break the odd rule :eek:

I leave mine on too and I'm quite vigilant in housing estates and never go over 30km/h.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

Tell me how to turn off that fecking incessant beeping when the car door is open :mad:

Will gladly upgrade leafspy to sort it out. Had considered ripping out panels and wires but decided against that.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭nhur

Going back to the range thing... it seems to me that the battery drops quite quickly at first and then slows ... we've been using the battery % indicator (button near the 'trip' computer changes what's displayed) and the drop in range appears to be at a different rate to the drop in battery % for similar driving.. e.g. the 100% to 80% drops really quickly... I'm just going to presume this is due to the chemistry of batteries and just focus on the range as my indicator...

Also - quick question... I have a tekna but get no beeping from parking sensors - is it possible i don't have them? had a quick look at the bumper and didn't see anything... though there's a button to the right of the steering which switches parking sensors on/off...

The percentage battery left is a more reliable indicator of range than the range indicator itself. In all EVs. And in particular in the Leaf!

nhur wrote: »
    Going back to the range thing... it seems to me that the battery drops quite quickly at first and then slows ... we've been using the battery % indicator (button near the 'trip' computer changes what's displayed) and the drop in range appears to be at a different rate to the drop in battery % for similar driving.. e.g. the 100% to 80% drops really quickly... I'm just going to presume this is due to the chemistry of batteries and just focus on the range as my indicator...

The % isn't linear in the Leaf so, as you have pointed out, it drops quicker at the start and then slower as it goes down. I don't think its anything to do with chemistry, just how the software works to ensure you don't run out.

Also - quick question... I have a tekna but get no beeping from parking sensors - is it possible i don't have them? had a quick look at the bumper and didn't see anything... though there's a button to the right of the steering which switches parking sensors on/off...

Very unlikely you have parking sensors. It was a ridiculously expensive extra.

Do you have a pic of the button? Maybe its not parking sensors but the traction control you are referring to?

• Advertisement

don't have a pic to hand... pretty sure it's not the traction control... iirc it's car with a wifi symbol

don't have a pic to hand... pretty sure it's not the traction control... iirc it's car with a wifi symbol

img_3218.jpg?w=614&h=458

This?

that's the one... more like a pic of a car with a speaker... :)

Thats for disabling the pedestrian sound. Not parking sensors.

eThrottle? Big deal. Standard on every Ioniq (regen level 2 + auto hold switched on)

It would be very disappointing if ProPilot (essentially the same as LIKAS + auto cruise both standard in every Ioniq, except the Ioniq can't park itself) would be an expensive option (more than a reasonable €500 on the base model)

eThrottle? Big deal. Standard on every Ioniq (regen level 2 + auto hold switched on)

It would be very disappointing if ProPilot (essentially the same as LIKAS + auto cruise both standard in every Ioniq, except the Ioniq can't park itself) would be an expensive option (more than a reasonable €500 on the base model)

My understanding is that its a bit more than auto hold though. It will use the friction brakes as well to bring the car to a stop and hold it there.

High regen and auto hold in the Ioniq wouldn't be quite the same thing.

Put another way, if you were in a line of traffic and you took your foot off the pedal on the Ioniq would you trust it to always bring you to a complete stop in time?

None of us have driven the Leaf with ePedal so its hard to say if its worth it or not.

Yes Ioniq does use the friction brakes and comes to a complete stop (and drives off again by itself). All this not with 3, not with 2, not with 1, but with the use of 0 pedals. Unless you are first in the queue at the traffic lights :p

Yes Ioniq does use the friction brakes and comes to a complete stop (and drives off again by itself). All this not with 3, not with 2, not with 1, but with the use of 0 pedals. Unless you are first in the queue at the traffic lights :p

But thats a different thing again. Thats the auto cruise control. Thats not one pedal driving.

Propilot is supposed to be a good bit more advanced then the Ioniq's lane keep assist, we'll see !

• Advertisement

Propilot is supposed to be a good bit more advanced then the Ioniq's lane keep assist, we'll see !

I wonder how? Can it safely change lanes when you indicate?

Advertisement