Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Nissan Leaf

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,381 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

KCross wrote: »
    But thats a different thing again. Thats the auto cruise control. Thats not one pedal driving.

I know, I was messin' ;)

But your man said you can drive 90% of the time with one foot. You could do that in Ioniq too (without auto cruise control, and without the automatic emergency stopping, although I would never switch this off). Ioniq won't come to a complete stop with just regen level 2, or not in time, you'd have to do the last bit with the friction brakes using the brake pedal. But I guess we will have to see exactly what the ProPilot is. Or if it is even relevant (it won't be if it is an optional extra costing a grand or even more)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,119 ✭✭✭✭KCross

I finally updated LeafSpy and permanently turned off all sounds in the Leaf, finally, no more pressing the pedestrian warning noise maker every time I get into the car.

No more beeping when I open the charge flap or plug it in, such irritating features they installed , seriously irritating, I hate things that beep at me.

For those that dont know. This was added to LeafSpy a month or so ago in the "hidden" Service menu. You turn on the Service menu via settings and then click into the VSP section where you can turn on/off various sounds.

One thing I noticed is that when I turn off the pedestrian sound it is permanently off and the button in the dash that normally turns it on and off doesnt show it as off and has no effect when you press it.

So, its an all or noting change if you disable the pedestrian sound via LeafSpy

Same for you Mad_Lad?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭g0g

Sorry I think this has come up a few times but can someone recommend a currently available and suitable OBD dongle thingy? I had one on my last car that I can't find anymore, and from previous searches I think I need a certain version for it to work correctly? Thanks

One thing I noticed is that when I turn off the pedestrian sound it is permanently off and the button in the dash that normally turns it on and off doesnt show it as off and has no effect when you press it.

So, its an all or noting change if you disable the pedestrian sound via LeafSpy

Same for you Mad_Lad?

Yes , thank God ! no more beeping or stupid screeching noise at low speeds or having to press the button every time I get in. No more beeping when I open the Charge port door or plug it in, it's amazing how things can irritate you after a while and it's not like all those beeps are quiet, they're loud !

• Registered Users Posts: 21,409 ✭✭✭✭Water John

You're like Sean Moncrieff when he was asked what he would like for breakfast?
    He said, 'Peace and quiet'.

• Advertisement

Noise is a form of pollution and torture lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,589 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Trying to see up Carwings on the Leaf, and what a pain.

Took me a few days to get Nissan to remove the previous owner. They did that this morning after I proved the car was now insured in my name.

However setting up is proving annoying. I went through process online, got new user I'd and password on car itself.

But when I try to login to Nissan Connect it sees me as being in Ireland and tells me the VIN is not accepted, I assume because it's a UK import?

Anyone know a work around, last thing I want to do is to have to speak to someone from Nissan on the phone.

Also, what app do you download from the play store? There's 2, Nissan connect and NissanConnect EV.

Or is there an independent one which is better?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭cros13

NissanConnect EV.

Is the "Driving History" working for anyone?

I haven't been able to view mine for several weeks now. Everything else works fine just not that piece. The window pops up and it says cannot connect or something to that effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭slicedpanman

NIMAN wrote: »
    But when I try to login to Nissan Connect it sees me as being in Ireland and tells me the VIN is not accepted, I assume because it's a UK import?
    The previous owner is probably still registered to that VIN - we bought 2nd hand and had the same problem. You need to phone Nissan Support and they'll sort that out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Orebro

Is the "Driving History" working for anyone?

I haven't been able to view mine for several weeks now. Everything else works fine just not that piece. The window pops up and it says cannot connect or something to that effect.

Mines working fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

nhur wrote: »
    Going back to the range thing... it seems to me that the battery drops quite quickly at first and then slows ... we've been using the battery % indicator (button near the 'trip' computer changes what's displayed) and the drop in range appears to be at a different rate to the drop in battery % for similar driving.. e.g. the 100% to 80% drops really quickly... I'm just going to presume this is due to the chemistry of batteries and just focus on the range as my indicator...

I feel it's the other way around! Drops slowly from 100 to 50% but after that it drops like a stone! I'm sure it doesn't but it does seem like it.

The previous owner is probably still registered to that VIN - we bought 2nd hand and had the same problem. You need to phone Nissan Support and they'll sort that out

They emailed me and said the previous owner was now removed from that VIN once I sent them on my insurance details to show I owned that UK reg now.

May have to bite the bullet and ring them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭g0g

Looking for a quick bit of help if someone knows the answer. Have the Leaf set up to long term battery 80% charging. Also have a nightly timer set to charger to 80% starting at 02:00.

Tomorrow we want it at 100% for a one-off. Is there a quick way to override both the long-term battery setting and the scheduled timer setting as a one-off without having to change it all over then back again. I know the app can instruct it to start charging right now, but it'll still stop at 80%.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Orebro

g0g wrote: »
    Looking for a quick bit of help if someone knows the answer. Have the Leaf set up to long term battery 80% charging. Also have a nightly timer set to charger to 80% starting at 02:00.

Tomorrow we want it at 100% for a one-off. Is there a quick way to override both the long-term battery setting and the scheduled timer setting as a one-off without having to change it all over then back again. I know the app can instruct it to start charging right now, but it'll still stop at 80%.

Almost certain sending the command via the app overrides the timer and it'll charge to 100%

They emailed me and said the previous owner was now removed from that VIN once I sent them on my insurance details to show I owned that UK reg now.

May have to bite the bullet and ring them.

Tried today again and it worked fine

Think the problem might have been that the VIN wasn't on the Irish systems yet, and it wasn't being recognised.

Now that the car is officially in the country and exported from the UK, the VIN must show up under my Irish login.

Question regarding the remote climate control, is it not possible to adjust the heat at all? I tested it and it seemed to bring on the blower and the heated steering wheel, but are you able to adjust?

g0g wrote: »

First off, I'd forget the 80% charge setting completely and just charge it to 100% everyday to save yourself this bother UNLESS the car is regularly unused.

The 80% setting was removed in the newer Leaf's which is confirmation that Nissan don't think its required. It was added initially when the car was designed as battery degradation wasn't fully understood. It is now, as Nissan have all the data from 300k Leaf's around the world.

If you need to leave it on then, as already said, just remotely start the charge via the app and it should start charging immediately and go to 100% (i.e. it overrides the timer and the 80% setting) as a once off.

Question regarding the remote climate control, is it not possible to adjust the heat at all? I tested it and it seemed to bring on the blower and the heated steering wheel, but are you able to adjust?

You can't change settings on the app. All you can do on the app is start the climate control.

If you want to change settings, specifically the temp and the heated seats, you have to do that in the car itself.

If you want the seats to heat you have to ensure the heated seat button is in the on position when you get out.

There is also a temp control in the menus to set the temp you want the car to pre-heat to, which is independent of the temp you have set for when you are driving.

So if I have the climate control set to HIGH before I get out of car, will it go to HIGH a few hours later if I start it remotely?

So if I have the climate control set to HIGH before I get out of car, will it go to HIGH a few hours later if I start it remotely?

No, it will go to the temp you set in the menu for remote heating. It's a separate setting.

I must have a look and see how to do that so.

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,989 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Orebro wrote: »
    Almost certain sending the command via the app overrides the timer and it'll charge to 100%
    I've heard that before and it doesn't work for me (2014 SVE).

ELM327 wrote: »
    I've heard that before and it doesn't work for me (2014 SVE).

Works for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,989 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Works for me.
    I tried it this morning and it charged to 80 again and stopped.
    It never showed a "time to completion" either, and remained at 10/12 on the app.

It's possible I am doing something wrong but it's only "start charging now" on the app you are referring to, right?

ELM327 wrote: »
    I tried it this morning and it charged to 80 again and stopped.
    It never showed a "time to completion" either, and remained at 10/12 on the app.

It's possible I am doing something wrong but it's only "start charging now" on the app you are referring to, right?

Ah I think I misunderstood you. You are saying the charge start works (i.e. overriding the timer) but the bit that doesn't is overriding the 80% setting.

Maybe you are right on that. I don't use the 80% setting so I don't know if that gets overridden or not by the app.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,882 ✭✭✭Soarer

What's the story with changing the discs/pads on a Leaf? Are they weird like a Prius, and a main dealer job?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

Soarer wrote: »
    What's the story with changing the discs/pads on a Leaf? Are they weird like a Prius, and a main dealer job?

There's nothing special about the pads or discs on a Prius - it's only if you need to do anything with the brake fluid then you need to do some special incantations, but even that can be a DIY job (no special equipment needed).

Soarer wrote: »

Talk to @kceire

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=103210606&postcount=204

There's nothing special about the pads or discs on a Prius - it's only if you need to do anything with the brake fluid then you need to do some special incantations, but even that can be a DIY job (no special equipment needed).

Fair enough.

What about the Leaf?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,312 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

As per PM. Straight forward change.
    The important things to get the correct size pads, I searched and searched and couldn't get a definitive answer to what was on my car. Had to. It's the bullet and get the mechanic to order once stripped as even his supplies had the wrong sizing.

Ended up getting direct from Nissan at considerable extra cost.

Advertisement