Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Nissan Leaf

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,591 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Quick question

My charger has been working fine since I got it installed. It was always just standard plug in and charge. Always worked.

I started to set the timer now to charge in the middle of the night, since we got the nightsaver meter in.

In the last couple of weeks, it has tripped out twice, and has had the red led on front flashing. At no time was there any other device or appliance in the house on at the same time.

So wondering if there is anything I could be doing with the car timer that could be causing it?

I am going to get the spark back to have a look at it, make sure everything is ok from his POV.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,381 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Is it a charger installed for free by Nigel Daly when you bought the car new? If so, ring them. Under the sale of goods act it should work for at least 5 years without fault and if not, it should be fixed free of charge.

unkel wrote: »
    Is it a charger installed for free by Nigel Daly when you bought the car new? If so, ring them. Under the sale of goods act it should work for at least 5 years without fault and if not, it should be fixed free of charge.

It isn't.
    I bought it myself and had a spark fit it.
    I'm getting in contact with him at the start of the week - he might see something.

I was just wondering if there was anything I could possibly be doing in setting the timer that might be causing a conflict that would cause charging not to happen (although it would very unlikely to make the charger put up a red flashing light).

Nah, just wait for the sparks. If you don't use an electric shower, then even if you have a 32A charger, you can run the hoover, the kettle and the washing machine at the same time (as charging your car and powering the rest of your house) without any issues...

Just did the sums. I should have said "just about" in above paragraph :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,326 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

That happened mine, was tripping constantly. My friend is a spark and he changed one of the bits inside, grand since.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 sam7777

ive a problem with mine,i rang nigel and he told me it was out of warranty,and i may have to get a new one,waiting over a week now for him to call out to me

sam7777 wrote: »
    ive a problem with mine,i rang nigel and he told me it was out of warranty,and i may have to get a new one,waiting over a week now for him to call out to me

I presume you've had the charger installed in the last year or two? Poor show. Ring him and tell him there's no such thing as "out of warranty". Tell him the sale of goods act applies. Demand it to be fixed free of charge. If he's not biting, put it in an email and give him 2 weeks to fix it and if it isn't done, that you'll go to the small claims court. I betya he'll be out to fix it like a shot :D

Actually, go onto Facebook , "Irish Electric Vehicle Owners Association" Group.

Start fresh and ask him will he come and fix it, high visibility there so see what he says !

I presume you've had the charger installed in the last year or two? Poor show. Ring him and tell him there's no such thing as "out of warranty". Tell him the sale of goods act applies. Demand it to be fixed free of charge. If he's not biting, put it in an email and give him 2 weeks to fix it and if it isn't done, that you'll go to the small claims court. I betya he'll be out to fix it like a shot :D

installed in october 2016,thank you for the advice very helpfull

Actually, go onto Facebook , "Irish Electric Vehicle Owners Association" Group.

Start fresh and ask him will he come and fix it, high visibility there so see what he says !

ill ring him again tomorrow,if im not getting anywhere ill do that

• Advertisement

sam7777 wrote: »
    installed in october 2016,thank you for the advice very helpfull

You're welcome :)

Works for pretty much everything. If you bought a new TV with a one year warranty and the thing breaks down after 2 years. Same story. You can reasonably expect a charge point (or a TV) to be working for several years (how many years is undefined AFAIK). And the retailer has to make it right. He can choose to either

-repair
    -replace
    -refund

I would severely doubt if I bought a TV from Currys or Argos, and it broke down after 2 years that they will replace it for me.

Not a chance.

Oh yes they will. But generally the staff have never heard of the sale of goods act, never mind understanding its implications. But the store manager will know. And if they don't play ball, there's the small claims court. It will cost you €20, and it will take time, but I can guarantee you that the court will find in your favour.

Whats the cut off point then that a retailer is liable to repair/refund/replace a TV for example?

2 years after purchase?
    3 years after purchase?
    8 years after purchase?

Who decides what is a reasonable time that a TV should last?

I'm not sure if there are any defined periods. I think there aren't (I posted that earlier)

But it is what you can reasonably expect when you buy it. The court decides. If I were the judge I'd tell you to fook off if you came to my court with an 8 year old broken TV sob story. But if it was 2.5 years old, I would find in your favour.

Judge Unkel......I can see the TV programme now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,883 ✭✭✭Soarer

Junkel....Justice Defined!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭ewj1978

anyone else having to go online to get their app to work?

Had to sign up to new subscriptions, for the nissan connect and in car.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

Has anyone with an iphone and has updated to ios 11 had trouble with the phone connecting to bluetooth in the leaf? Mine seems to be hit and miss now...took almost 15min this morning before it connected.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭peposhi

mel.b wrote: »
    Has anyone with an iphone and has updated to ios 11 had trouble with the phone connecting to bluetooth in the leaf? Mine seems to be hit and miss now...took almost 15min this morning before it connected.

No probs at all. Did you try deleting the connection and pairing your phone again?

• Advertisement

peposhi wrote: »
    No probs at all. Did you try deleting the connection and pairing your phone again?

Yes, i’ve had to restore the phone (as i was unlocking it) so everything was removed and then i uograded to ios 11. Since then, on another day when i realised it wasn’t connected i went into bluetooth settings and it wasn’t there so i had to pair it again. I was about ti pair it again this morning after i arrived at work, but it connected just as i was getting to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭peposhi

Yes, i’ve had to restore the phone (as i was unlocking it) so everything was removed and then i uograded to ios 11. Since then, on another day when i realised it wasn’t connected i went into bluetooth settings and it wasn’t there so i had to pair it again. I was about ti pair it again this morning after i arrived at work, but it connected just as i was getting to work.

I’d say that was it. Your phone automatically recognised the car and gets connected once pairing is done.

peposhi wrote: »
    I’d say that was it. Your phone automatically recognised the car and gets connected once pairing is done.

It can take 15min though for it now to pair whereas before updating to ios 11 it would pair almost instantly.

Make sure you’re in the latest version of iOS, I had issues but since updating to the latest version I’ve no issues.

Unpair and repair and hopefully no more issue.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,313 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

ewj1978 wrote: »
    anyone else having to go online to get their app to work?

Had to sign up to new subscriptions, for the nissan connect and in car.

Currently none of these issued with me.
    2014 Leaf with iPhone 7 running latest iOS.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭huggs2

Try shutting down the phone and start it up again.This will re install the operating system.worth a try

• Registered Users Posts: 12,119 ✭✭✭✭KCross

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Derry FCP has been temperamental for months, now failed completely and marked out of action on the ESB map.

Showing as available again.... is that BS or not?

KCross wrote: »
    Showing as available again.... is that BS or not?

Sort of.

The internal error has resolved (for now) but the touch screen is still bolloxed.

Can be remotely started or sometimes via touch screen with a lot of patience.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,119 ✭✭✭✭KCross

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Sort of.

The internal error has resolved (for now) but the touch screen is still bolloxed.

Can be remotely started or sometimes via touch screen with a lot of patience.

Whats wrong with the screen? Vandalised?

• Advertisement

KCross wrote: »
    Whats wrong with the screen? Vandalised?

Just worn out I think. Looks fine but the touch screen is barely responsive. You can choose your charger easily enough but the start button needs about 20 taps of varying pressure and location to get it to work.

"Allegedly" there is a new screen on order but that's been the case for 6 months+.

Advertisement