Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Nissan Leaf

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,119 ✭✭✭✭KCross

NIMAN wrote: »
    Anyone know the fitting for a Nissan Leaf space saver wheel?

I know it's 5 stud, but I'm guessing all brands have different spacing etc.

Would this be a possibility?

https://www.gumtree.com/p/wheel-rims-tyres/vauxhall-vectra-space-saver-spare-wheel/1279847381

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=101969898&postcount=21

Im fairly sure the one you've posted won't fit either as it has the wrong bolt pattern. The Leaf needs 5x114.3. What you posted is 5x110.
    https://www.wheel-size.com/size/nissan/leaf/

• Registered Users Posts: 33,594 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Yeah that's what I was hoping for, someone to tell me the spacing pattern on the Leaf.

Looking at the pictures of the Vectra wheel, I thought it looked very like the Leaf, of course the spacing is slightly off.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,883 ✭✭✭Soarer

Someone on speakev mentioned that the Leaf's wheels are the same as those of a Juke.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Orebro

Soarer wrote: »
    Someone on speakev mentioned that the Leaf's wheels are the same as those of a Juke.

That’s correct - I’ve seen pics of someone that changed all 4 to Juke tyres on a Leaf

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭samih

Most of the Japanese 5 bolt patterns are the same 5x114.3. Mitsubishi for example. Many of the Europeans are typically 5x120 which is obviously not compatible.

https://www.wheel-size.com/pcd/5x114.3/

• Advertisement

samih wrote: »
    Most of the Japanese 5 bolt patterns are the same 5x114.3. Mitsubishi for example. Many of the Europeans are typically 5x120 which is obviously not compatible.

https://www.wheel-size.com/pcd/5x114.3/

I think you also have to look at the wheel offsets as well though. Its not just the bolt pattern.

e.g Interestingly, the Ioniq has a lot of the same wheel dimensions as the Leaf but the offset values are different which could mean that the wheel would hit the calliper.

Ioniq: 6.5Jx16 ET50
    Leaf: 6.5Jx16 ET40

I think that figure of ET40 can be +/- 5 but beyond that you'd need to be careful.

KCross wrote: »
    I think you also have to look at the wheel offsets as well though. Its not just the bolt pattern.

e.g Interestingly, the Ioniq has a lot of the same wheel dimensions as the Leaf but the offset values are different which could mean that the wheel would hit the calliper.

Ioniq: 6.5Jx16 ET50
    Leaf: 6.5Jx16 ET40

I think that figure of ET40 can be +/- 5 but beyond that you'd need to be careful.

Good point. Ioniq wheels would decrease the track by 20 mm, haven't looked to see if it were going to cause issues with clearance so try before you buy. Spacesavers in the meanwhile are very narrow so any should be fine as long as they are 16" diameter or more. Internet claims that Lancer 2008 ish plus spacesaver is a good fit for a LEAF.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭huggs2

I will be getting my first EV - a 30kwh Leaf in January. The vast majority of my journeys will be short except for one I want to do in a few weeks time, Galway to Newry.I need to be there for lunchtime. I will charge to 80% in Enfield (M4). If I go via M50 I will be 12Km short. There is a cross country route which is shorter but I wonder is the R159 a very minor road.
    any suggestions please

Congratulations on the new car. 12 km short sounds very specific unless I misunderstood you. There are also some mean hills on the M1 including the final one towards the border. I would plan for two charging stops and you also need to plan for potential additional time lost due to chargers in use. The N52 from Tyrrellspass to near Ardee cuts lots of distance from the journey and you can do the second charge on M1 Castlebellingham right after joining the M1. You'd also need to charge at some place before N52, Kilbeggan perhaps.

That being said I have managed similar trips on a 24 kWh LEAF with no problems so you have no issues with your new car. Just make sure you'll check the ecars app before the trip for any broken chargers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭ewj1978

huggs2 wrote: »
    I will be getting my first EV - a 30kwh Leaf in January. The vast majority of my journeys will be short except for one I want to do in a few weeks time, Galway to Newry.I need to be there for lunchtime. I will charge to 80% in Enfield (M4). If I go via M50 I will be 12Km short. There is a cross country route which is shorter but I wonder is the R159 a very minor road.
    any suggestions please
    Leave earlier. Charge more.

• Advertisement

Congratulations on the new car. 12 km short sounds very specific unless I misunderstood you. There are also some mean hills on the M1 including the final one towards the border. I would plan for two charging stops and you also need to plan for potential additional time lost due to chargers in use. The N52 from Tyrrellspass to near Ardee cuts lots of distance from the journey and you can do the second charge on M1 Castlebellingham right after joining the M1. You'd also need to charge at some place before N52, Kilbeggan perhaps.

That being said I have managed similar trips on a 24 kWh LEAF with no problems so you have no issues with your new car. Just make sure you'll check the ecars app before the trip for any broken chargers.

Thanks for the help, much appreciated.

ewj1978 wrote: »
    Leave earlier. Charge more.

Thanks for the help.

Thanks for the help.

Sorry to be short answered on it. But my experience of the network is to leave plenty of time and charge where and when you can

• Registered Users Posts: 21,989 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Great advice except I would also check zap map, plugshare and anywhere else I can think of. The ecars app is not usable any more as they don't update when chargers are down.

I've done that trip in a 24 kwh before in a 24kWh aswell and would suggest avoiding motorway. Agreed on going through Ardee. If not too time sensitive there's an SCP in Ardee if you planned to stop there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

any suggestions please

With a 30kwh there is no need to limit your charging to 80%. It will charge up to about 94% in about 35min (depending on what it was at before hand) If there’s no one waiting for the charger then charge it right up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

Can you turn on the remote climate heating while connected to a fcp? Sitting here getting a bit chilly this morning!

mel.b wrote: »
    Can you turn on the remote climate heating while connected to a fcp? Sitting here getting a bit chilly this morning!

Just press the power button twice. Use as normal.

What tyres are we buying when the time comes to replace them?

NIMAN wrote: »
    What tyres are we buying when the time comes to replace them?

Bought Goodyear efficient grips for my SVE. Got them oponeo.
    Cost 25 quid in my local tyre place to fit.

I got 20k km's out of those on the front of my SVE. Trying some Bridgestones now.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=105080152&postcount=3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,326 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Goodyear Efficient Grips good for me too. Although I currently have a Hankook on front left (after a blown tyre) which I was given by another EV owner who had one spare. He highly recommends them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,883 ✭✭✭Soarer

Looking at oponeo there, and there are literally 20 versions of the Efficient Grips.
    Did ye just go with the cheapest? Or a happy medium between economy and grip?

Soarer wrote: »
    Looking at oponeo there, and there are literally 20 versions of the Efficient Grips.
    Did ye just go with the cheapest? Or a happy medium between economy and grip?

Ideally the efficient grip performance version

literally just ordered 2 for the rear.

Goodyear Efficientgrip Performance 215/50R17 91 W €111 each. B fuel A grip. 69DB

Jez, that's pricey.

That seems to be about the price of them for the Leaf SVE (i.e. 17")
    The Leaf SV versions (16") are a good bit cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,326 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

I got mine online in the UK for about £90 each.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭DesperateDan

Hi folks, how would a Leaf fair if it was driven almost exclusively on the worst Irish back country roads you can think of? Suspension, tyres etc., any worse than a normal car?

• Registered Users Posts: 65,382 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

A Leaf is a lot heavier than a comparable normal car, so yes, suspension and tyres would suffer more. That said, everything else would suffer less. It's an EV! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,382 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

If anyone in here knows the owner of a white 141D Leaf with big Snoopy logos, could you please tell them that leaving your car unattended at a fast charger for long periods of time is not very considerate. I got there, the Leaf had 2 fixed charging lights, one flashing. It was charging at 7kW on the CHAdeMO fast charger. I stayed a good 10 minutes, still no sign of the owner and the car still charging at 7kW. This is incredibly slow, car must have been near 100%. I had to abandon my unexpected journey and go home.

Advertisement