Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Nissan Leaf

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

Yeah. Mines goosed too.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭AhHaor

Soarer wrote: »
    Lads, I've had the 12V on a trickle charge for the last while, and in that time, a fair bit of condensation has built up in the car.

What's the best way to keep that to a minimum? Read about kitty litter in tights, but I'd rather a "proper" solution.

Go to Dealz or any of those type of shops, you can buy two desiccators for 1.50, pop it in the rear footwell or in the boot, does a decent job. Kitty litter in tights will probably work.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,397 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

+1

I can confirm these work great for condensation. I have used them in my cars in the past that I did not use much and that were parked in shady spots in winter. I bought them in Amazon (the cheapest ones I could find), but the ones in Dealz look pretty much identical (and were cheaper than what I paid)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,989 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

+1 for the dessicant solution, I had many classics in the past stored in non watertight garages and this was my method of choice.

Is nissan connect down for anyone else. I've no way of contacting the car using any app!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭icom

AhHaor wrote: »
    Is nissan connect down for anyone else. I've no way of contacting the car using any app!

Working ok for me, both app and website.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

I'v been getting invalid API response the last 24-48 hours

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

Stealthirl wrote: »
    I'v been getting invalid API response the last 24-48 hours

Fine for me, been using it a fair bit today

Down for me again. iphone app.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,317 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Mines working fine. Although I do have my location set to Japan since the crash last week.

iOS app.

• Advertisement

kceire wrote: »
    Mines working fine. Although I do have my location set to Japan since the crash last week.

iOS app.

That worked! Thanks. Very handy for observing remote charge in work

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭KAGY

AhHaor wrote: »

MyLeaf app isnt connecting, but i can log in to https://cq5.prod.nissan.eu/IE/en/YouPlus.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 33,598 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Not working again today

• Registered Users Posts: 4,446 ✭✭✭McGiver

KAGY wrote:
    MyLeaf app isnt connecting, but i can log in to

Same here, was worried I screwed up some of the settings on the car (I played with them on Friday).

Changed location to Japan and started working again for me too!

NIMAN wrote: »
    Not working again today

Mine worked this morning for remote heating no issues.

Again, my location is set to Japan, so see if that works for you.

Batesy wrote: »
    Changed location to Japan and started working again for me too!

Same here. Now a Japanese resident, but it's working again.

Shouldn't have to, wonder what the problem is?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,023 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

I've been using My Leaf for months now, better than the Nissan app, faster and nicer "find my car" piece as it uses Google Maps.
    No issue logging on the last few days when preheating etc

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Soarer

slave1 wrote: »
    I've been using My Leaf for months now, better than the Nissan app, faster and nicer "find my car" piece as it uses Google Maps.

Is that the €8.99 one on the iOS store?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,119 ✭✭✭✭KCross

kceire wrote: »

iOS app.

Good tip! That works alright.

• Advertisement

Soarer wrote: »
    Is that the €8.99 one on the iOS store?

I have it free on Android

Yes, love My Leaf, much cleaner UI. But I can't login. What region do you have selected?

McGiver wrote: »
    Yes, love My Leaf, much cleaner UI. But I can't login. What region do you have selected?

Haven't touched the settings in a long time but can see from the front page of the app it's Europe

Haven't touched the settings in a long time but can see from the front page of the app it's Europe
    Right. Issue on my end though. I can't update battery status even from the web. It got updated when I finished charging, but I'm not able to update it now from the web, says "Unexpected error occurred - Error code 3".

Nissan Connect not working from Ireland or Japan now!

Not good coming into the cold season

Edit - Just checked the App now and its all ok. I logged out, changed to Ireland and its working!!!!

Mine working now on both Ireland and Japan, so putting it back to Ireland (for now).

And My Leaf tried for the 1st time, nice little app.

Carwings doesn't work on Android 8.1 at all.

MyLeaf has only a region selector, I've tried all of them, none of them work.

Contacted GB customer service, no reply. What's going on? I'm not sure if the issue is on my end if others complained about intermittent offline issues.

EDIT: MyLeaf works now with Europe region as usual. But I swear it was offline for a week.

I notice that MyLeaf uses your NissanEVConnect login, so I'm guessing the former will only work if the latter is up and running without issues?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,119 ✭✭✭✭KCross

NIMAN wrote: »
    I notice that MyLeaf uses your NissanEVConnect login, so I'm guessing the former will only work if the latter is up and running without issues?

All the 3rd party Leaf apps are dependent on the same Nissan infrastructure to work. They all use the same login credentials as well.

Just to add to the list... if you have iOS you should check out the EVA app.
    I find it quicker and a better UI.

Advertisement