Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Nissan Leaf

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,119 ✭✭✭✭KCross

SV Premium doesnt seem to have ProPilot. Only SVE has it.

However the SV Premium does have the other safety things like lane departure, blind spot detection, intelligent cruise control, pedestrian emergency braking etc (according to nissan.ie anyway)

ProPilot, I assume, is just that final bit where it will stay between the lines on its own.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,397 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

€31k is a lot of money without pro pilot if you can get an Ioniq for €26k that does have it...

• Registered Users Posts: 33,598 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Another random EV question popped into my head today!:rolleyes:

When the Leaf is regen braking, and you get the full 5 circles showing as regen'ing on the dash, if you press the footbrake to slow yourself down even more, are you getting any more regen to the battery over and above?

Maybe like 7 or 8 circles on the display?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

Yes.

I tend to drive it B mode when in traffic or urban areas.
    That will increase the regeneration process.

You can see "live" how that works from the Nissan econnect button (blue one of the lower right side of dashboard) and select Energy display info, then Electric Motor
    That gives you a higher details of the consumption and regeneration.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qNm7SJronM

Another tricky question.
    Due to recent cold weather, i like to leave the charging cable connected to the car.
    The battery management switches off the charging once it reaches 80% (aka long life mode).

Does leaving the cable in charging mode affects the battery in a good way, bad way … or none !?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,989 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

rolion wrote: »
    Another tricky question.
    Due to recent cold weather, i like to leave the charging cable connected to the car.
    The battery management switches off the charging once it reaches 80% (aka long life mode).

Does leaving the cable in charging mode affects the battery in a good way, bad way … or none !?

I used to do this in my 24kWh.

No short term negative effects, except I found a direct correlation between charging to 80% mode and leaving the cable in, and running down the 12v battery. Now, I don't know if that was just my car or a wider thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

Does this "long life mode" exist in the Leaf 40? I haven't spotted it as an option...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,119 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Does this "long life mode" exist in the Leaf 40? I haven't spotted it as an option...

I dont think so. It was removed even from the L30 so unlikely to be in the L40 either.

One thing that really "annoys" me is that few times, while driving...I had to keep my eyes on the dashboard and / or the screens to read the numbers or the figures...especially the regenerative ,the electric motor power consumption.

What I can advise my other myself is to stay focused on the road and keep my eyes off the screens...very easy to lose the control of the direction or steering and the next second you are in the back of the car in front of you...did it few times, very scary stopping at the small space.

I see a massive improvement some sort of heads-up display or audio notifications if my eyes goes off the windscreen or some sort of radar / autopilot enabled by default while driving ?

Of course, is nothing wrong with the Leaf, just thought applies to it..as dangerous driving style.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

Anyone else having grief with the app the past few weeks?

Very annoying how flaky it's been.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,397 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

I see a massive improvement some sort of heads-up display

Some cars had HUD decades ago. It is starting to filter down to budget cars these days. The Kona EV has it in some spec levels.
    some sort of radar / autopilot enabled by default while driving ?

Standard in the 2016 Ioniq. As long as you drive over 60km/h the lane keep assist is activated automatically. The active cruise control is also standard in the base model. These two combined are autonomous driving level 2. Also emergency braking should someone step in front of your car, or if you don't spot a car stopped ahead of you. Standard equipment in the base version of an econobox EV 3 years ago.

Batesy wrote: »

Big time!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭AhHaor

NIMAN wrote: »
    Big time!:mad:

Leaf manager isn't working either. It's been flaky since November

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

EVA is acting up for me the last while aswell,it connects to the cloud but hangs while trying to connect to the car. Started about the same time nissan said they were working to fix there app.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭quenching

Batesy wrote: »

Not working for me either.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,446 ✭✭✭McGiver

Batesy wrote:

The app hasn't worked for me for couple of weeks. Web access works but that's ridiculous, because it runs on Flash so you can't use it on a smartphone really.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭optimal

McGiver wrote: »
    The app hasn't worked for me for couple of weeks. Web access works but that's ridiculous, because it runs on Flash so you can't use it on a smartphone really.

Not working for me either. I’ve written to them, awaiting an answer!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

It beggars belief that Nissan don’t have a top quality support for their app.

Mine can still turn on the climate control, but it'll not update the battery level.

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭_dof_

It's been terrible since the latest update.

Try the My Leaf app on Android phones, it seems to be much more stable.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,317 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Hasn’t worked for me since the update a few weeks back.

Funny thing is, I get random remote charge notifications, for example today, telling me my charge on the 3rd January has stopped.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭hawkeye_bmr

If you really need to see what battery charge is, go to the route planner, then refresh the battery status on the page it opens.

Saved me a trip back to the car in Dundrum when I was doubting if I pressed the timer override button!

kceire wrote: »
    Hasn’t worked for me since the update a few weeks back.

Funny thing is, I get random remote charge notifications, for example today, telling me my charge on the 3rd January has stopped.

Yes, exactly this, and no proper notifications at all. Originally, the notifications to the phone worked, but the notifications to SMS or email didn't work. Then a couple of months ago, they managed to start sending SMS and email notifications for a couple of weeks.

Now, nothing apart from the odd random one to the phone.

The ratings for the app in the play store are overwhelmingly 1 star, with a lot of comments being that they'd award 0 stars if possible, also that the problems have started since that latest update in December.

_dof_ wrote: »
    It's been terrible since the latest update.

Try the My Leaf app on Android phones, it seems to be much more stable.

But MyLeaf uses your Nissan login, and it's not updating my battery level on that either, so same as the official app.

Getting random alerts too.

NIMAN wrote: »
    But MyLeaf uses your Nissan login, and it's not updating my battery level on that either, so same as the official app.

Yeah, they'd both share that same backend server, as does the web site I assume. But today, I tried checking the battery level in the Nissan app, and it stayed with the spinning arrow for about 5 minutes and no response.

So I tried the My Leaf app, and after a minute or so, it did update the battery status. Then when launching the Nissan app, it showed the new battery status straight away, since it had already been updated on the server.

I assumed that the Nissan app hadn't sent the request properly in the first case, it hadn't ever actually triggered the reading of the levels from the car, but it's hard to tell. I suppose if you're in the car at the time, you can hear the clicking of the relays when the communications happens, at least I can hear clicking from the back of the car when there's some communication from the server to the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,446 ✭✭✭McGiver

I actually can't login on the phone at all. Website access works fine.

McGiver wrote: »
    I actually can't login on the phone at all. Website access works fine.

I said I'd check the website and ive no cars in my garage?

Wonder if I went through the add car process would it help?

Am I on the right site - https://ie.nissanconnect.eu/en-ie/?returnUrl=%2Fen-ie/app%2Fownership%2FCsmVehicle%2FAll

or

http://cq5.prod.nissan.eu/IE/en/YouPlus/private/carwings/mycarprofile.html

I use the first one and it is working fine

_dof_ wrote: »
    I use the first one and it is working fine

My car is in the garage on that site but I cant seem to check anything?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,398 ✭✭✭randombar

Looking to join the leaf club. I can't see myself making the journey across the sea. Two little kids and a busy job. Any recommendations? Ideally I'd love to trade in my 06 Corolla against something and pay around 10 k or so. Alternatively buy privately and selll corolla privately. Never much luck selling cars though.

Advertisement