Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Nissan Leaf

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

Id say give Phil in www.electricautos.ie a call,he takes trade-ins but don't expect much on a 12 year old corolla. You could try put it in the auctions yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭_dof_

kceire wrote: »
    My car is in the garage on that site but I cant seem to check anything?

Is the car over 3 years old? I think the NissanConnect EV free subscription is only for 3 years, then you probably have to pay for a new subscription?

On mine the "My Subscriptions" section says:
    NISSANCONNECT EV
    Make sure you get the most out of your Nissan electric vehicle with NissanConnect EV. You can remotely manage elements of your Nissan via your computer or smartphone. The NissanConnect EV app is available for Android and iOS devices.

FREE

Expires: 19/05/2021

NissanConnect EV

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭ewj1978

Phil at electric autos would be a good man to ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,598 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Keep an eye here
    https://www.speakev.com/forums/EV-Classifieds/

The odd one pops up if you aren't in a hurry for it.

Last one sold for £100.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,397 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

As I've told you privately already, I would also recommend giving Phil a call to see what he can do for you given your budget. You'll get better value than buying from a Nissan dealer. And you'll get Phil's expertise (he'll show you the LeafSpy results) and he'll stand over what he will sell you.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,317 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

_dof_ wrote: »
    Is the car over 3 years old? I think the NissanConnect EV free subscription is only for 3 years, then you probably have to pay for a new subscription?

On mine the "My Subscriptions" section says:
    NISSANCONNECT EV
    Make sure you get the most out of your Nissan electric vehicle with NissanConnect EV. You can remotely manage elements of your Nissan via your computer or smartphone. The NissanConnect EV app is available for Android and iOS devices.

FREE

Expires: 19/05/2021

NissanConnect EV

Should be no subscription to this.
    My car is a March 2014 car, so the 3 year thing wouldn't explain why it worked perfectly up until December 2018 when Nissan updated the app.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,989 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

There is no paid subscription on L24/L30 cars. No idea if they introduced it for leaf2 though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,398 ✭✭✭randombar

unkel wrote: »
    As I've told you privately already, I would also recommend giving Phil a call to see what he can do for you given your budget. You'll get better value than buying from a Nissan dealer. And you'll get Phil's expertise (he'll show you the LeafSpy results) and he'll stand over what he will sell you.

Yup. I've been in touch via email and I don't think there's anything in my price range at the moment. Might ring him and annoy him again though.

Actually looked in the north and UK too. Very little about in the 9 or 10k price range.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,119 ✭✭✭✭KCross

GaryCocs wrote: »
    Yup. I've been in touch via email and I don't think there's anything in my price range at the moment. Might ring him and annoy him again though.

Actually looked in the north and UK too. Very little about in the 9 or 10k price range.

Maybe something like this 151 one, which is within your budget...
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/nissan-leaf-tekna/20676363

Its a top of the range Tekna/SVE and it also has the 6.6kW charger which is desirable and usually hard to find. And it has a granny cable... also worth a few quid and not normally seen in Irish cars. Its white, so maybe thats not your thing?

It is on UK plates but thats just a trip to the NCT centre and its free and no VRT needs to be paid.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,397 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Nice find KCross! That will keep its value well.

Ring him. He can source cars for you in the UK. He has access to dealers / traders directly and pays less than you and I would pay on the likes of Autotrader. So he can bring one in, guarantee the car, make a profit on it (hey, he has to put bread on the table) and sell it on for typically no more than a few hundred quid more than it would take you to bring one in from the UK yourself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,703 ✭✭✭SteM

Just a +1 for electricautos, they've been great to deal with for us.

KCross wrote: »
    Maybe something like this 151 one, which is within your budget...
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/nissan-leaf-tekna/20676363

Its a top of the range Tekna/SVE and it also has the 6.6kW charger which is desirable and usually hard to find. And it has a granny cable... also worth a few quid and not normally seen in Irish cars. Its white, so maybe thats not your thing?

It is on UK plates but thats just a trip to the NCT centre and its free and no VRT needs to be paid.

I think this one is too good to be true: https://hpicheck.com/reports/WH19737031/WG15HWH

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭optimal

kceire wrote: »
    Should be no subscription to this.
    My car is a March 2014 car, so the 3 year thing wouldn't explain why it worked perfectly up until December 2018 when Nissan updated the app.

Finally got a reply from Nissan:

Unfortunately the You+Nissan web portal is currently down due to ongoing maintenance, this will be resolved as soon as possible

My own subscription has ended due to Leaf going out of warranty. It offers me the option to renew for 3 years at no cost. I tried this, accepted the t&cs but it then tells me it is unable to complete at this time and to come back later!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

optimal wrote: »
    Finally got a reply from Nissan:

Unfortunately the You+Nissan web portal is currently down due to ongoing maintenance, this will be resolved as soon as possible

My own subscription has ended due to Leaf going out of warranty. It offers me the option to renew for 3 years at no cost. I tried this, accepted the t&cs but it then tells me it is unable to complete at this time and to come back later!!

I have got an email asking me to change the password in the next five days !
    Not sure about the better service,sharper design but i am more worried about the "more security" thing ! At least,i hope, is going to be proactive and not reactive to some unknown guessing knowns...

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭hawkeye_bmr

I think this one is too good to be true: https://hpicheck.com/reports/WH19737031/WG15HWH

Yeah, seems too good to be true...

Insurance right off, mileage discrepancy, seller based in Monaghan while V5 form shows owner in Newry...

Yeah, seems too good to be true...

Insurance right off, mileage discrepancy, seller based in Monaghan while V5 form shows owner in Newry...

20 well spent there.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,023 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Also marked as Private seller when obviously not and spelling mistake just makes it more dodgy

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

Also marked as flex. Which means the battery was messed so you’d have to confirm the battery was bought out.

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭cgc5483

Does anyone know if it ever was an option to add the leather seats as an add-on for the Acenta/SV model?

cgc5483 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if it ever was an option to add the leather seats as an add-on for the Acenta/SV model?

Not from the factory, AFAIK.
    You can always go to an after market upholster and get it added I suppose.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,405 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Stealthirl wrote: »
    Id say give Phil in www.electricautos.ie a call,he takes trade-ins but don't expect much on a 12 year old corolla. You could try put it in the auctions yourself.

Didn't know he takes trade ins. Tempted to get rid of my Yaris Hybrid (2012) for L30, preferably. But it's probably beyond me.

Re the app not working, some UK people on Twitter were changing their password on desktop (restarting phone) and country to Denmark, then password on the car, etc.

Couple of questions for people:

Do people plug theirs in every night or only the nights that it's near empty and needs to be charged up in full.

Is there a standard nissan 3 year warranty, including battery?

What are peoples realistic ranges in the L24?

What are peoples fears around battery failure?

Thanks for the help,
    Gary

• Registered Users Posts: 33,598 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Yip I would tend to plug in every night. Always nice to know you are coming out to full battery.

I'd salon average my battery is at 50% at the end of each day.

As for range, if you have 12 bars on a L24, I'd say to allow for 60miles/100km

NIMAN wrote: »
    Yip I would tend to plug in every night. Always nice to know you are coming out to full battery.

I'd salon average my battery is at 50% at the end of each day.

As for range, if you have 12 bars on a L24, I'd say to allow for 60miles/100km

12 bars should give more than that.
    I get 100km at 100kmph on my 11 bar L24.
    (Technically as I get 80km on 80% on motorway).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

Do people plug theirs in every night or only the nights that it's near empty and needs to be charged up in full.
    Well,at the end of a day,your battery will be lower than the day before or the satrt of the journey.
    Also,you dont know what roads are going to travel tomorrow,so better to have it as full as possible.
    I tend to do a 80% mon to fri and 100% on weekends.
    The 80% is called "Long life" for the battery and comes with a setting to restrict charge once it reaches that level.

Is there a standard nissan 3 year warranty, including battery?
    I could be wrong,i think is 8 years and/or 100k km !?

What are peoples realistic ranges in the L24?

My 11 bars,fully charged starts with 120km range.
    Based on driving style,location,speeds and not lastly (what really kills the battery/range) is the heat/AC.
    My wife's daily diesel 40km journey,with the L24 and heat on, takes 73Km.
    All on B mode and ECO activated all the time.

What are peoples fears around battery failure?
    With age,it will lose capacity,performance affected.
    You can start with a SOC at 90ish,then start losing bars.
    I'll say by the time you reach a range of 70-80 it will become unpractical maybe.
    If you keep charging at slow rate,it will keep you longer.
    Understood that fast charging and high tempeartures just accelerates the damage of the cells.
    At this moment,not sure,you can change the dead cells or replace the whole battery.Or,sell the car.
    Some companies are using older Leaf batteries as storage,i as looking myself to buy online a full L24 battery kit,very quick to sell it.
    Myself,i'll keep the L24 until goes unbearable and then strip the battery module and use it in a PV setup .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,446 ✭✭✭McGiver

rolion wrote:
    My 11 bars,fully charged starts with 120km range. Based on driving style,location,speeds and not lastly (what really kills the battery/range) is the heat/AC. My wife's daily diesel 40km journey,with the L24 and heat on, takes 73Km. All on B mode and ECO activated all the time.

Quick question.

I've got some L24 (151, 49k km, 92% SOH) and I see quite terrible energy economy on short city trips or series of short city trips (say 5km each leg) at 50 kmh with heater on where Carwings shows >180 Wh/km overall and Vehicle Accessory use shows >50 Wh (sometimes much more). I use heater on Auto 19.0 most of the time and ECO B mode, not flooring it at all, driving defensively and sticking to speed limits.

This obviously gives me lower range than I'd expect, roughly 30% less than what I see on long trips at 80 to 100 kmh speeds where I get 160 Wh/km and about 85 to 90 kms for 20-100 SOC battery range.

Anyone has got a similar issues? Is this expected?

McGiver wrote: »
    Quick question.

I've got some L24 (151, 49k km, 92% SOH) and I see quite terrible energy economy on short city trips or series of short city trips (say 5km each leg) at 50 kmh with heater on where Carwings shows >180 Wh/km overall and Vehicle Accessory use shows >50 Wh (sometimes much more). I use heater on Auto 19.0 most of the time and ECO B mode, not flooring it at all, driving defensively and sticking to speed limits.

This obviously gives me lower range than I'd expect, roughly 30% less than what I see on long trips at 80 to 100 kmh speeds where I get 160 Wh/km and about 85 to 90 kms for 20-100 SOC battery range.

I have a 141 L24.
    99.9% city driving.
    It has 11 bars and about 86% SOH.
    My 100% charge states 140-145km on the GOM.
    I run the beating, air con 100% of the time. Have the seats and wheel heating on for 50% of the time

My average is about 18-20kwh/100km too.
    I really should start driving it easy :)

McGiver wrote: »
    Quick question.

My guess is that with alot of short trips the heating is working more and hence less range.
    e.g. 10 short trips will have more heating required than 1 long trip. In the long trip it just has to maintain the heat whereas 10 short trips require the heating to boost on max each time you get into it.

Auto also isnt a great setting, imo.
    Try turning off auto and use the heated seats instead. That might improve it.

So have my eye on one. Anyone with leaf spy in lurgan? I'd look to get it set up myself but I wouldn't know much starting off.

Would all 161 teknas have a 6.6 kw charger or how could I tell that?

Probably should apply for the grant today.

Anything else to watch out for when I'm inspecting?

There are payments outstanding on it all right. Should I be worried about that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,771 ✭✭✭✭JPA

So have my eye on one. Anyone with leaf spy in lurgan? I'd look to get it set up myself but I wouldn't know much starting off.

Would all 161 teknas have a 6.6 kw charger or how could I tell that?

Probably should apply for the grant today.

Anything else to watch out for when I'm inspecting?

There are payments outstanding on it all right. Should I be worried about that?

You need the car reg to apply for the grant.

Advertisement