Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Nissan Leaf

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,398 ✭✭✭randombar

ELM327 wrote: »
    That looks like a bluetooth one which works on android only.

It's Android I'd be going for (Pixel 3)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,317 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

GaryCocs wrote: »
    Yup, Corkman, work in the City, would appreciate the loan. Will order one but that probably won't get here in time.

Do you know if this will do?

https://www.adverts.ie/other/mini-elm327-obd2-obdii-bluetooth-scan-scanner-tool-code-reader-v2-1-obd2-car-diagnostic-tool-mini-elm-327-bluetooth-for-android-symbian-for-obdii-protocols/15538961

So 80% to 15% Gotcha.

Which, when driving on the motorway at 100kmph, should get you about 65km.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Soarer

That looks like a bluetooth one which works on android only.

You can get Bluetooth ones that work with iOS too.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,989 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Good to know, I went through 2 bluetooth ones that wouldnt work with my iphone, and the first wifi one did. This was what I saw here too. Maybe mine were just dodgy?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭KAGY

Had to drive 26km on 19% today in a 24kWhr on rural / R roads. Managed to get 12.5 kWhr/100km. I say I was nearly in turtle mode, so I was just wondering how far I could get in that mode?

• Advertisement

KAGY wrote: »
    Had to drive 26km on 19% today in a 24kWhr on rural / R roads. Managed to get 12.5 kWhr/100km. I say I was nearly in turtle mode, so I was just wondering how far I could get in that mode?

There’s no definitive distance in turtle
    Mode. I drove mine until it died. Think I got 2km.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭KAGY

kceire wrote: »
    There’s no definitive distance in turtle
    Mode. I drove mine until it died. Think I got 2km.

Experimenting or unavoidable? How did you get it charged then, I know you shouldn't tow it with the front wheels on the ground?

KAGY wrote: »
    Experimenting or unavoidable? How did you get it charged then, I know you shouldn't tow it with the front wheels on the ground?

Half and half.
    I done it around my estate roads.
    It was my firs week of ownership, so I should have known.

I towed it the 500m back to my house afterwards in N.
    Ive seen may a Leaf been towed, once its in N its fine. Its the risk when its in D or B.

Good to know, I went through 2 bluetooth ones that wouldnt work with my iphone, and the first wifi one did. This was what I saw here too. Maybe mine were just dodgy?

This is the one I got for iOS, and never had an issue.

iOS OBDII Dongle

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭AhHaor

Can it be towed in B and do regen to get the battery going again?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,119 ✭✭✭✭KCross

AhHaor wrote: »
    Can it be towed in B and do regen to get the battery going again?

That has been done (check youtube) but its not recommended by the manufacturer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

Anyone has an idea of that small PV panel on the top back of the Leaf ?
    What's is being fitted for ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,328 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

rolion wrote: »
    Anyone has an idea of that small PV panel on the top back of the Leaf ?
    What's is being fitted for ?

It trickle charges the 12v battery.

Largely useless.

So far so good guys.

Proud owner of:

161 24KwH Leaf Tekna with granny cable 40000kms Battery at 99.22% (Thanks to KCross for a loan of the dongle) for €11750

They threw in the wall charger too as they aren't getting another car. (will be selling on as I have already ordered the zappi)

Looks like there is some of that worming of the alloys all right so will be bringing it in for the guys to take a look.

Met in Dublin. Fairly long journey home. (4 stops, Mayfield junction was broken too). Few things that were eye openers:

You can plan your time around the charging, i.e. park up, start charge, have a coffee. The issue is when there's someone already there, you have to wait around. They could be back in 5 mins or 20, you'd be a bit all over the place.

People "slow charging" at the fast chargers, every charger I was next in line and nearly every time they were over 80% (Power going in was down to 5kw etc.) Drove me mad. Surely it should just stop and disconnect during peak times or something?

I was taking it very handy 100k and getting to each stop with 40%/50% then I realised I didn't need to take it so handy as the fast charger at the next stop would just put it back, 30% or 50%. So 120k and enjoying it.

The Fermoy charger is 20mins off the motorway. Crazy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

@Gary

Welcome to the club !
    You will save money by staying at home, more than before purchasing the EV.
    How long did it take you to drive home,from start to finish !?

Reagrding the charging status,no relation to LEAFs but yesterday i witnessed a very heated conversation between 4 adults in Blanch Centre that will have been putting me off from using a EV if i knew the story and the jungle of how to deal with "my time,my car,my charger".

Anyway...enjoy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,989 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

GaryCocs wrote: »
    So far so good guys.

Proud owner of:

161 24KwH Leaf Tekna with granny cable 40000kms Battery at 99.22% (Thanks to KCross for a loan of the dongle) for €11750

They threw in the wall charger too as they aren't getting another car. (will be selling on as I have already ordered the zappi)

Looks like there is some of that worming of the alloys all right so will be bringing it in for the guys to take a look.

Met in Dublin. Fairly long journey home. (4 stops, Mayfield junction was broken too). Few things that were eye openers:

You can plan your time around the charging, i.e. park up, start charge, have a coffee. The issue is when there's someone already there, you have to wait around. They could be back in 5 mins or 20, you'd be a bit all over the place.

People "slow charging" at the fast chargers, every charger I was next in line and nearly every time they were over 80% (Power going in was down to 5kw etc.) Drove me mad. Surely it should just stop and disconnect during peak times or something?

I was taking it very handy 100k and getting to each stop with 40%/50% then I realised I didn't need to take it so handy as the fast charger at the next stop would just put it back, 30% or 50%. So 120k and enjoying it.

The Fermoy charger is 20mins off the motorway. Crazy.
    Well wear and welcome to the EV community.
    If you're on facebook there is a local facebook group in Cork called "Rebel EV owners" or similar, they do regular meetups at the cars and coffee events
    @Gary

Welcome to the club !

Reagrding the charging status,no relation to LEAFs but yesterday i witnessed a very heated conversation between 4 adults in Blanch Centre that will have been putting me off from using a EV if i knew the story and the jungle of how to deal with "my time,my car,my charger".

Anyway...enjoy it.

Blanch is a cesspit of a charger, to be avoided at all costs.

@Gary

Welcome to the club !

Anyway...enjoy it.

Left Dublin about 12:30 in the door (by Cork Airport) for 18:30.

Phone died too with all the charge point looking up etc. etc. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,470 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

I have 131 Tekna but just wondering on did any UK or Irish models have the tyre pressure monitoring system?

Ush1 wrote: »
    I have 131 Tekna but just wondering on did any UK or Irish models have the tyre pressure monitoring system?

Yes, the SVE and Tekna (Same car) should have TPMS from the factory.

Edit - May depend on the Gen 1 or Gen 1.5 model.
    What version do you have?

131 is probably the 1st gen.

• Advertisement

Pretty sure its gen 1.5, have the Eco button on the steering wheel?

Pretty sure its gen 1.5, have the Eco button on the steering wheel?

Gen 1.5 so. It should have the TPMS.

Why do you ask?

If you want to know for sure, let the air out!... while next to a pump obviously! :)

KCross wrote: »
    Gen 1.5 so. It should have the TPMS.

Why do you ask?

If you want to know for sure, let the air out!... while next to a pump obviously! :)

:D

I couldn't find the option in the on board computer. I also had a look at the dust caps and can't see anything that looks like a sensor on them.

I couldn't find the option in the on board computer. I also had a look at the dust caps and can't see anything that looks like a sensor on them.

You can only see them when the tyre is off.
    You can also see it in LeafSpy if you have that.

I think there is also a "TPMS reset" option in the dash menu somewhere. I presume a Leaf that doesnt have TPMS wouldnt show that option.

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭oinkely

Our 142 Tekna definitely has it, as it beeped at me a week or two ago with a warning that the rear left tire was soft. Checked it and it had indeed slipped under 30 psi. Topped it up and warning went away.

Not so sure about our 132 Tekna as that has never beeped, but then never has s soft tire as far as i recall.

In the computer on the dash its there under TPMS, you have to use a combination of pressing the [] button and the * button

In the computer on the dash its there under TPMS, you have to use a combination of pressing the [] button and the * button

I'll check again but I couldn't see anywhere you could see the current tyre pressure for instance.

I'll check again but I couldn't see anywhere you could see the current tyre pressure for instance.

It doesnt give you that. It gives an option to reset the system, which I believe is to be used when you swap the tyres around.

It doesn’t give real time data u less you have leafspy connected and then you’ll get that info on the app, not on the car.
    KCross wrote: »
    It doesnt give you that. It gives an option to reset the system, which I believe is to be used when you swap the tyres around.

Or when you too up the air every week or whenever. Every time to adjust the air, you need to reset to tell the system this is the new Norm. Warn me of any drops from this.

• Advertisement

Or when you too up the air every week or whenever. Every time to adjust the air, you need to reset to tell the system this is the new Norm. Warn me of any drops from this.

Really?
    I "regularly" top up and never reset and it has told me about low pressures and has also obviously shown up a warning when I got a puncture.

I thought the way it worked was two fold...
    - when the pressure variation across the tyres exceeds a certain amount (like 5psi between highest and lowest)
    - when any tyre goes below a min value

I didnt think you ever needed to reset it just because you've topped up... at least I havent and it still seemed to work ok.

I thought the reset was to force it to relearn the signals and to ensure that the correct indication is given on the dash in relation to which tyre is at fault.... i.e. you swap the fronts to the back and then get a low pressure warning for the wrong tyre.... thats what I thought the reset was for.

Advertisement