Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Nissan Leaf

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭Firblog

Soarer wrote: »
    You're uncomfortable removing the current one, and yet you're looking for a replacement?

Aye, I'll get someone to change it...

• Registered Users Posts: 33,600 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Another random Leaf24 question popped into my head the other day whilst I was driving.

I nearly always drive it in B-Eco mode.

If I was to drive it in B only, would I get same range out of it if driven modestly?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭deadduck

I reckon this is probably a stupid question, but does anyone know why the kw/100km meter goes to full when parked? Surely it should go to zero (or almost zero) when the car is stationary?

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭AhHaor

Energy used/distance, and when distance goes to zero the result is infinity! So if you're using any energy in the car, which you are to illuminate the dash and going zero distance then the result is infinity kWh/100 km.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,023 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

NIMAN wrote: »
    Another random Leaf24 question popped into my head the other day whilst I was driving.

I nearly always drive it in B-Eco mode.

If I was to drive it in B only, would I get same range out of it if driven modestly?

I always use Eco mode but only use B when in town, when on 80/100/120 roads I suspect that the B mode "brakes" too hard and makes it harder for car to accelerate again so I always use D when open driving and wherever possible I use cruise control

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭samih

I have never bothered with Eco mode and you can drive as econimically using the fast pedal in moderation. The slower you accelerate to the cruising speed the slower your average speed and that's the only advantage of the eco as is forces you to do it. The Eco basically just remaps the throttle for "nothing until you really mash it".

In some cars the Eco also affects the heating system and top speed so those might have an affect. But again I have never swithed of the HVAC out from the auto (unless I need to clear the windscreen or something).

• Registered Users Posts: 12,119 ✭✭✭✭KCross

samih wrote: »
    In some cars the Eco also affects the heating system...

The Leaf does that. You can see it in Leafspy. The draw from the battery from the heating/cooling systems drop as soon as you turn on eco.

KCross wrote: »
    The Leaf does that. You can see it in Leafspy. The draw from the battery from the heating/cooling systems drop as soon as you turn on eco.

Interesting to know.

So does this mean the AC will work better if ECO button is deactivated?

I did notice on cold days that when I set it to top temperature and start AC, its not warm for quite a while.

Interesting to know.

So does this mean the AC will work better if ECO button is deactivated?

I did notice on cold days that when I set it to top temperature and start AC, its not warm for quite a while.

Yes, but it will use more energy, hence reduce range. I dont use eco and have a/c on all the time because I dont care about the reduction in range as i have plenty to spare.

Must test it out, handy now as I have a work charger, so I don't worry too much either about range.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭fael

Stop using the handbrake?

Thanks for the useful input.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭Firblog

Firblog wrote: »
    Need to replace passenger side tail light on 152 Leaf SVE to pass NCT (bit of condensation - not removable with hairdryer) would this fit the bill? Was quoted €350 from dealer.

Well someone was looking down on me, went to collect the car from charge point yesterday at luchtime and noticed that all the condensation was gone, two days of good hot weather had done the job. Took the car straight out the road to the test centre, was looked at and passed within 10 mins :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,470 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Anybody know can an older leaf use nissan connect? I have the Nissan EV app but seems the Nissan Connect app is updated more frequently but I can't see the options in my 2013 Leaf to get the code to connect to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭icom

Ush1 wrote: »
    Anybody know can an older leaf use nissan connect? I have the Nissan EV app but seems the Nissan Connect app is updated more frequently but I can't see the options in my 2013 Leaf to get the code to connect to it.

You should be able to use Nissan Connect once you register here:
    https://ie.nissanconnect.eu/en-ie/

First check that your TCU (Telematics Control Unit) is active, by trying to update the list of chargers in your area. If it updates, your TCU is active.

Go to the website mentioned above and register your vehicle.
    During registration, you will need to switch on the car for a minute, then switch it off again to prove you are the owner of the vehicle.

If registration is successful, you will be able to connect using the app on your phone to check state of charge etc.

There is no code generated in the car, just your e-mail and a password that you create when you register will allow access.

If the car had a previous owner, it might be possible that it's still registered to them. You might need to call Nissan to have the previous owner removed.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

Cant find my own post about my 30 kWh leaf.....:(

What is the DC charging limit on this car, the AC limits is 6.6 kW?
    thanks as always

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,397 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

50kW

• Registered Users Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

unkel wrote: »
    50kW

Thanks! My original post from late feb/early march 2018 seems to have dropped off

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,723 ✭✭✭creedp

unkel wrote: »
    50kW

Theoretically as I have never seen my L30 charge at 50kw. In fact most of the time Leafyspy reports a max of 44kw irrespective of the SOC and this drops rapidly as the car SOC heads north of 80%

• Registered Users Posts: 11,470 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

icom wrote: »
    You should be able to use Nissan Connect once you register here:
    https://ie.nissanconnect.eu/en-ie/

First check that your TCU (Telematics Control Unit) is active, by trying to update the list of chargers in your area. If it updates, your TCU is active.

Go to the website mentioned above and register your vehicle.
    During registration, you will need to switch on the car for a minute, then switch it off again to prove you are the owner of the vehicle.

If registration is successful, you will be able to connect using the app on your phone to check state of charge etc.

There is no code generated in the car, just your e-mail and a password that you create when you register will allow access.

If the car had a previous owner, it might be possible that it's still registered to them. You might need to call Nissan to have the previous owner removed.

This doesn't seem to work. When I sign into the app it still wants me to add my vehicle even though I added the VIN through the website.

Anyone else find the software or GUI of the music player awful on the Leaf?

I have mp3 files on a USB stick....and when its not flicking back to MASTER FOLDER, it won't scroll down as you move tracks. Still the 6 songs on display that you might have played 20mins away, but now you are on a track thats not even in the screen.

Anyway to update the software?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭deadduck

Yep, assuming you’re talking about the last gen leaf, it’s rubbish. I have a 152 SV, and the software (particularly the media player) is pretty crap. That nice big screen could be so useful, but they make the buttons small, and then show a bit of info on the rest, while generally loads of space is left wasted. I actually done a small bit of research on replacing the head unit altogether, but as it’s tied into the energy features and a/c of the car, it’s not an option from what I read (Nissan and Clarion designed the head unit specifically for the Leaf). But for those owners of an XE with the more basic head unit, upgrading is a more straightforward job
    Anyone else find the software or GUI of the music player awful on the Leaf?

I have mp3 files on a USB stick....and when its not flicking back to MASTER FOLDER, it won't scroll down as you move tracks. Still the 6 songs on display that you might have played 20mins away, but now you are on a track thats not even in the screen.

Anyway to update the software?

It is basic for sure.
    But my main gripe is that it doesn't even move the list of mp3 tracks to show you the one you're playing, so I can move up and down between tracks but the display doesn't change.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭jasonb

It must be an issue when playing MP3s from USB, 'cos when I play my iPod via USB the menu works perfectly, scrolls as the music plays etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Soarer

Guys, was there a thread somewhere where someone got the software on their 30 kWh Leaf updated to improve the range/capacity display?

Can't find it anywhere.

Guys, was there a thread somewhere where someone got the software on their 30 kWh Leaf updated to improve the range/capacity display?

Can't find it anywhere.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=108582362&postcount=4

I believe creedp got it done.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Soarer

Fair play for finding that. Couldn't find it for love nor money.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

Ush1 wrote: »

Hope this helps and make sure it's been de registered from the old owener
    Zenith74 wrote: »
    I know this is an old thread, but it's one of the first Google results for this issue. I had the issue with the EV Connect app not allowing me to login with a newly imported Leaf from the UK, I contact Nissan at the email address above, they were super helpful and provided the following instructions which worked first time, the EV Connect app is now working for me!

1. First go to http://cq5.prod.nissan.eu/IE/en/YouPlus.html Register Now:
    2. Enter your VIN number>validate> and then you will be taken to the next page enter details into the form; please remember to click the terms and conditions.
    3. You will now be taken to the CARWINGS OVERVIEW, please click on YES! SUBCRIBE TO CARWINGS
    4. Please accept the terms and conditions at the very bottom>VALIDATE
    5. You will now be asked to fill in MY CARWINGS SERVICES details, create a vehicle display name and add another email, fill in a question and answer > click CONFIRM
    6. All your Carwings details will be on the screen, accept the terms and condition>Click VALIDATE
    7. CONGRATULATIONS! Message will appear, you are now half way there. You will receive 2 emails; one is a confirmation of registration and the other is the activation of your Carwings which usually takes up to between 2-24hours. If you don’t get anything after 24 hours please contact customer services.

After you receive the second email please go to your vehicle and do the following:

Steps:
    Push Zero Emission button.
    Touch CARWINGS.
    Touch security settings.
    Touch Activate CARWINGS.
    Touch User ID. Note: User ID and password are case sensitive.
    Enter User ID and touch OK.
    Touch Password.
    Enter password and touch OK.
    Touch Activate Security Settings.
    Confirm and touch Yes.

Please make sure that once you have pressed the Zero Emission button a white car symbol shows up on the top right of your head unit. If the Car symbol is grey this means that you are in a location with no signal.

In addition to this, if the car logo is grey with a line through it or what appears to be an axe, this means you will need to contact your local dealer and have your TCU head unit reset.

Another random question:

Why is it sometimes 100% on my battery will say I can do 142km, yet other times it can be as low as 118km?

Thats a big difference.

Is it something to do with previous driving habit?

Another random question:

Why is it sometimes 100% on my battery will say I can do 142km, yet other times it can be as low as 118km?

Thats a big difference.

Is it something to do with previous driving habit?

Yes, the bigger question is how did you manage to get it to show 142km ;)

Must have been a really slow drive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,397 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Answer is Guessometer :D

In my modest enough test drive of a 2016 24kWh Leaf, range dropped by 40km during my 10km test drive iirc. And I never even went over 80km/h. Did drive it hard though. Very inefficient drive train (let alone poor aerodynamics). Still a very good car for what it is at the right price.

Advertisement