Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Nissan Leaf

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭tom_tarbucket

deadduck wrote: »
    Double checked mine after seeing your post, mine’s the exact same (17/18). I remembered it was only passed by 1, but not 19/20 like I originally posted.

I’ll have to take a look at the tyres now and see if there’s anything obvious going on. But as said, if all looks good, I’ll leave it go until the next test and then get the shim kit fitted if needed

With this shin kit scenario. Why is the total cost with labour and parts etc to rectify this?

Can an independent work on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,119 ✭✭✭✭KCross

With this shin kit scenario. Why is the total cost with labour and parts etc to rectify this?

Your own post from last night! ;)
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=111851474&postcount=2199

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,321 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Did we not already discuss this??

KCross wrote: »

True. That was from Phil though and he is a bit far from me. Just wondering cost to buy the kit and then getting an independent to do it. Had a look on micksgarage but could not find a shim kit.

Or even anyone that got it done at a main Nissan dealer. What do they charge.

True. That was from Phil though and he is a bit far from me. Just wondering cost to buy the kit and then getting an independent to do it. Had a look on micksgarage but could not find a shim kit.

Or even anyone that got it done at a main Nissan dealer. What do they charge.

A shim kit is not a specific part. It’s bits of metal or steel forced in by brute force to straighten an axle.

I don’t k ow of anyone that does it in Dublin, Kildare was the nearest other than Nissan of course.

• Advertisement

kceire wrote: »
    A shim kit is not a specific part. It’s buts I’d metal or steel forced in by brute force to straighten an axle.

I don’t k ow of anyone that does it in Dublin, Kildare was the nearest other than Nissan of course.

Right. So electric autos in Kildare are the only competent people to do it outside on Nissan dealerships. And for about 200 Euro.

How much do Nissan charge to do this shin thing, does anyone know?

Right. So electric autos in Kildare are the only competent people to do it outside on Nissan dealerships. And for about 200 Euro.

I don’t think Phil in EA’s do it themselves. He knows a garage local to him that does it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,723 ✭✭✭creedp

A couple of days back I went to turn off the wipers when they were in the variable setting and as I pushed to lever to off ( I might also have pulled it back a bit towards me) the wipers had started to sweep across the windscreen and came to stop in the vertical position. Now each time I use the variable setting the wipers will intermittently come to a halt for a number of seconds (dependant on how heavy it is raining) in the vertical position before moving to the home positon. Its a real pain and very distracting.

Does anyone know what's causing this? Is it a fault or did I engage some weird setting by turning off the wipers in mid sweep?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭samih

creedp wrote: »
    A couple of days back I went to turn off the wipers when they were in the variable setting and as I pushed to lever to off ( I might also have pulled it back a bit towards me) the wipers had started to sweep across the windscreen and came to stop in the vertical position. Now each time I use the variable setting the wipers will intermittently come to a halt for a number of seconds (dependant on how heavy it is raining) in the vertical position before moving to the home positon. Its a real pain and very distracting.

Does anyone know what's causing this? Is it a fault or did I engage some weird setting by turning off the wipers in mid sweep?

I would briefly disconnect the 12V battery to see if reseting the system solves it. If you use the manual mode and switch off the wipers mid sweep do they always park? If not it could be a fault in the parking circuit within their motor.

The motors usually fail due to overload when sweeping wet snow or due to blades fused on frozen windscreen but let's hope it's just some firmware glitch that reset solves.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,723 ✭✭✭creedp

samih wrote: »
    I would briefly disconnect the 12V battery to see if reseting the system solves it. If you use the manual mode and switch off the wipers mid sweep do they always park? If not it could be a fault in the parking circuit within their motor.

The motors usually fail due to overload when sweeping wet snow or due to blades fused on frozen windscreen but let's hope it's just some firmware glitch that reset solves.

When in manual mode they worked perfectly fine but sometimes if I flicked the wiper switch for a quick sweep of the screen they would come to a halt in the vertical position.

However, this morning the wipers initially started stalling vertically on the screen but then without warning they stopped and for the next 90 minutes they operated as normal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭kennethsmyth

Nissan does have a service mode - possibly the same on leaf - could be inadvertently accessing this due to a bug.

turn ign off and with 5 secs pull or press the wipers switch to move wipers to service mode which means they stop in upright position

• Registered Users Posts: 4,446 ✭✭✭McGiver

Folks, anyone can recommend a bike carrier for Leaf?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

McGiver wrote: »

As you know you can't put a tow bar on it so it depends on the bike weights

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

As you know you can't put a tow bar on it so it depends on the bike weights

you can however put on a towbar thats does not allow towing only bike racks.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

you can however put on a towbar thats does not allow towing only bike racks.

Interesting, have you seen it done without breaching the homologation rules that preclude the real towbar in Ireland?

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

Interesting, have you seen it done without breaching the homologation rules that preclude the real towbar in Ireland?

I've done it, non towbar towbar from belgium, ec mark etc. It was a bitch to fit with very tight tolerances on the towbar itself due to the method of the hitch part rotating 180 degrees to be put on. ie put tow hitch on before you put anything in car otherwise you cant put tow hitch on!

Mine is below, so long as the hitch is not fit for towing (ie it doesnt allow it by means of its build nature) then its not a towbar its an attachment to the car. There are versions from germany for ioniq etc.

Brinks also make one but hard to get from uk and big price, mine is gdw.

Scroll to bottom on link

https://www.speakev.com/threads/nissan-leaf-towbar-bicycle-rack-hitch-update.125166/

is 10,000 Euro an ok price for a 2014 Acenta leaf with very low mileage? good condition, black in colour, good tyres.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,397 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

From a dealer with warranty, that's about what you can expect. In a private sale, I wouldn't pay that.

what sort of kWh per 100km are you getting from your leaf?
    I am between 17-20. Is this bad? (ive no real idea what is good or bad really, I understand mpg etc but with kWH have no idea whats good or bad)

The wife drives it a bit and she tends to not drive with great care.

That's normal for this time of year. Not that it matters much. An hard driven EV doing 16k km per year consuming 20kWh / 100km costs €250 and an extremely frugal one doing 12kWh / 100km costs €150 per year in electricity. A 50mpg diesel costs €1,250 in diesel per year for that mileage...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,989 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

I am between 17-20. Is this bad? (ive no real idea what is good or bad really, I understand mpg etc but with kWH have no idea whats good or bad)

For my old L24 I was between 16-20 at this time of year, in the IOniq it was 13-16.
    Pretty normal to use more.

(In my MS I'm above 30 usually!)

I’m getting quotes of 235 from main Nissan dealers. Not bad I suppose.

Shim kit is 25 Euro or so. Rest is labour and alignment etc.

Could a standard alignment / tyre crowd do this ? Or does it kinda need to be a main Nissan dealer

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

McGiver wrote: »

I was chatting a Leaf driver a few weeks ago and two adult and one kids bikes on a roof mounted bike rack knocked 50% off his range from what I can remember. Think it was a ‘15 Leaf as well.

Drag will be very bad with roof mounted bikes, so yeah the range will drop like a brick alright if you go over 80km/h or so!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,446 ✭✭✭McGiver

charlieIRL wrote:
    I was chatting a Leaf driver a few weeks ago and two adult and one kids bikes on a roof mounted bike rack knocked 50% off his range from what I can remember. Think it was a ‘15 Leaf as well.
    Interesting...

charlieIRL wrote: »

I have exact figures on a full width roofbox and bikes on back on a bad weather trip to france, rain approx 90kph and its about 30% to 32%.

I had roof rack for bikes before this setup and it was about the same but I needed the roofbox for trip to france so bikes had to go on back.

Average was 200wh/km to 210wh/km - this is in rain average of both directions but temps of 16c to 19c

unkel wrote: »
    From a dealer with warranty, that's about what you can expect. In a private sale, I wouldn't pay that.

so 10,000 a bit much on a provate sales. What would you say would be a good price on a private sale 2014, Acenta, good condition, good tyres, nct’d, nice black colour, very low miles (under 20,000 miles)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,023 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Just looked up my 2016 L30 stats
    November 2019 0.17
    October 2019 0.16
    September 2019 0.15

Driving at 60% 100kph/40% 80kph speed limits, A/C and heating always on, always preheating, always drive ECO in D mode

20 seems very high, most I've seen is 0.18 in February this year.
    What's your month average?

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

slave1 wrote: »
    November 2019 0.17
    October 2019 0.16
    September 2019 0.15

Driving at 60% 100kph/40% 80kph speed limits, A/C and heating always on, always preheating, always drive ECO in D mode

20 would be high if doing the above but myself in a 40kw is 40kms motorway and 40kms city/suburbs a day no eco and dont hang about I'd get 18/19 at present.

• Advertisement

slave1 wrote: »
    November 2019 0.17
    October 2019 0.16
    September 2019 0.15

well its between 17 and 20.
    to be honest, I tend to just drive the car, do a bit of eco and a good bit of B mode, but most of the time when possible, I just throw on cruise at 120 if on motorway. yes I know its not ideal, but f3ck it. also, at this time of year have rain and wipers and heating and lights and all this. so will be a bit on higher side. average now is 18.1 for a month or so

could obviously get it down if I tried, but dont want to be driving like miss daisy all the time :)

Advertisement