Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Nissan Leaf

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,023 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Ah, 120 motorway will guzzle your efficiency, I'm very rarely on the motorway as it's not on my commute and we take the diesel for the longer motorway runs

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭tom_tarbucket

slave1 wrote: »
    Ah, 120 motorway will guzzle your efficiency, I'm very rarely on the motorway as it's not on my commute and we take the diesel for the longer motorway runs

true, when I do use the motorway, its only for a distance of 12km at 120, otherwise i can go back roads at slower speeds but uneven surfaces and kinda narrow etc, so I just stick to the motorway

so 10,000 a bit much on a provate sales. What would you say would be a good price on a private sale 2014, Acenta, good condition, good tyres, nct’d, nice black colour, very low miles (under 20,000 miles)

Any thoughts on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,771 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Any thoughts on this?

Are you buying another leaf?

JPA wrote: »
    Are you buying another leaf?

Possibly, Maybe :) for another family member.

This is the car: https://www.donedeal.ie/view/23257025

Thoughts?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,023 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Possibly, Maybe :) for another family member.

This is the car: https://www.donedeal.ie/view/23257025

Thoughts?

Well I'm calling BS on a 2014 L24 140kms per charge

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

slave1 wrote: »
    Well I'm calling BS on a 2014 L24 140kms per charge

Yeah, fair enough.

Any thoughts on price. Is 10,000 too much even?

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭handofdog

Yeah, fair enough.

Any thoughts on price. Is 10,000 too much even?

I'd be considering the 2015 sv in electric Autos for 7.7k. Much bigger mileage granted but
    - 11 bars
    - dealer (and one with a good rep at that)
    - 23% cheaper

Better buy in my book.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Soarer

27k kms?

Christ, that car is brand new.

Soarer wrote: »
    27k kms?

Yeah. I had to read it twice too. Seriously low but matches up on NCT cert and services etc.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,320 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

27k kms?

One of our F10’s here has less than 30k on it from new too. A 132 520d.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Soarer

kceire wrote: »
    One of our F10’s here has less than 30k on it from new too. A 132 520d.

Waiting for the chain to slip? ;)

27k kms?

Based on the low mileage and decent colour and condition of the car, do ye think that 10k is an ok price?

anybody know if a 2014 Leaf has curtain airbags for the rear seats? they seem to have it for the front, just not sure on the rear.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭samih

anybody know if a 2014 Leaf has curtain airbags for the rear seats? they seem to have it for the front, just not sure on the rear.

They do.

samih wrote: »
    They do.

thanks, where did you verify or check this, just out of interrest

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭samih

thanks, where did you verify or check this, just out of interrest

Curtain airbags in general are for both as they emerge from behind the roof trim. The only exception are early SAAB/Volvo versions where the side airbags are fitted in front seats and only cover the front side windows.

Edit, here is the part:
    s-l1600.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,446 ✭✭✭McGiver

Doesn't 2014 still have the old rubbish chemistry?

LiMn2O4 i.e. LMO which isn't optimal, especially life span wise.

Later on they moved to LMO+NMC combo cells (the so-called "lizard" batteries).

• Registered Users Posts: 65,397 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

No they came in sometime during 2013. That's why I usually recommend a 141 or 142 Leaf as they are good value for money and have the lizard battery.

unkel wrote: »
    No they came in sometime during 2013. That's why I usually recommend a 141 or 142 Leaf as they are good value for money and have the lizard battery.

Is that good value at 10k? ;)

https://www.donedeal.ie/view/23257025

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭SomeGuyCalledMi

Thinking of buying a new leaf. Probably the cheapest 40kw one. Are dealers offering good discounts like they do in the UK?
    Getting it through my company to take advantage of BIK. But need to buy before 31 Dec.

Will the entry level leaf hold is value OK? Or is it better to get the higher spec? Thanks.

McGiver wrote: »
    Doesn't 2014 still have the old rubbish chemistry?

LiMn2O4 i.e. LMO which isn't optimal, especially life span wise.

Later on they moved to LMO+NMC combo cells (the so-called "lizard" batteries).

No, late 2013 the new battery was introduced. Some 132 cars have it.

Is that good value at 10k? ;)

https://www.donedeal.ie/view/23257025

At 10k it’s not bad but it shows how EV’s have remained good value for buyers.
    I sold my 141 for 11k in January but that was too spec SVE.

The linked one has low mileage, looks in good condition but the photos are typical average so check condition in person. Ask why are they selling? Check battery SOH. Check next for real slip test figures and see if they comfortably passed or on the limit.

kceire wrote: »
    At 10k it’s not bad but it shows how EV’s have remained good value for buyers.
    I sold my 141 for 11k in January but that was too spec SVE.

The linked one has low mileage, looks in good condition but the photos are typical average so check condition in person. Ask why are they selling? Check battery SOH. Check next for real slip test figures and see if they comfortably passed or on the limit.

Thank you. What do you mean by slip test?
    Some handbrake test is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭jasonb

Also maybe no harm to see if it's a 3.3 or 6.6. charger, that might make a difference for you.

jasonb wrote: »
    Also maybe no harm to see if it's a 3.3 or 6.6. charger, that might make a difference for you.

It’s a 3.3. To be honest most of the charging will be at home and car used mainly for local runs.
    Would rarely leave the county ;)

what sort of kWh per 100km are you getting from your leaf?
    I am between 17-20. Is this bad? (ive no real idea what is good or bad really, I understand mpg etc but with kWH have no idea whats good or bad)

The wife drives it a bit and she tends to not drive with great care.

I know on older ICE cars that the mpg or litre per 100 km figure given by the trip computer was always a bit optimistic and when you actually worked it out manually, it could be a good few mpg off.

On the Leaf, how accurate is the kWh per 100km figure given, Is it an optimistic value or fairly accurate?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭kennethsmyth

I know on older ICE cars that the mpg or litre per 100 km figure given by the trip computer was always a bit optimistic and when you actually worked it out manually, it could be a good few mpg off.

On the Leaf, how accurate is the kWh per 100km figure given, Is it an optimistic value or fairly accurate?

I find it on my L40 to be very accurate, it shows kWh per 100kms but I read it as wh per km, eg 19.1 kWh/100kms is 191wh/km

Thank you. What do you mean by slip test?
    Some handbrake test is it?

Check the slip alignment test on the recent NCT results sheet.
    If it’s high it could indicate that the rear axle is affected by nissans rear axle issues.

• Advertisement

Ive a UK imported Leaf.
    The Sat Nav doesnt recognise the data when I enter an Irish location. Can the Sat Nav be updated to be used here?

Advertisement