Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Nissan Leaf

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,446 ✭✭✭McGiver

That’s a serious bargain. You done well there. Normal price for that in IE is at least 15k I’d say.

Yep but depends on the trim mileage SOH etc

• Registered Users Posts: 33,598 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Got a quote to go from my 141 Tekna to a 161 Acenta, roughly similar mileage, both 6.6 chargers except the 161 was a 30kw battery.

€10k!

Feck that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭tom_tarbucket

NIMAN wrote: »
    Got a quote to go from my 141 Tekna to a 161 Acenta, roughly similar mileage, both 6.6 chargers except the 161 was a 30kw battery.

€10k!

Feck that.

scandalous, main dealer I presume.

Yip, Nissan dealer. Shocking.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,119 ✭✭✭✭KCross

NIMAN wrote: »

€10k!

Feck that.

Going up 2yrs in a like for like car would be about 6k.

The L30 had a 3k premium over the L24 when it came out so the 10k isn’t that outrageous really. It’s high but not ridiculously so.

And the 161 has an 8yr warranty whereas your 141 is already out of warranty.

I know it was a downgrade to SV from SVE but it’s in the right ballpark but probably not worth it unless you need the extra range.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,771 ✭✭✭✭JPA

KCross wrote: »
    Going up 2yrs in a like for like car would be about 6k.

The L30 had a 3k premium over the L24 when it came out so the 10k isn’t that outrageous really. It’s high but not ridiculously so.

And the 161 has an 8yr warranty whereas your 141 is already out of warranty.

I know it was a downgrade to SV from SVE but it’s in the right ballpark but probably not worth it unless you need the extra range.

It is ridiculous, OP could upgrade for 3-5k privately.

NIMAN wrote:
    I asked for a link to their car for sale......and in a different sentence said I was thinking of changing up my 141 to a 30Kw Leaf. Basically that my own Leaf might be going up for sale.
    So why do you want to see my ad? To be spy on the competition? :)
    Of course you'll see it eventually, but...

I'll post it once I put it up. Today or tomorrow.

I don't need the extra range for now.....so the notion has left me.

McGiver wrote: »
    So why do you want to see my ad? To be spy on the competition? :)
    Of course you'll see it eventually, but...

I'll post it once I put it up. Today or tomorrow.

Just curious as to what mine might fetch.

NIMAN wrote:

10k!
    6k max.

• Advertisement

JPA wrote: »
    It is ridiculous, OP could upgrade for 3-5k privately.

€5k... Privately maybe, but that’s taking 2k out of the scenario straight away. Dealers need profit.

Can’t see how you would come up 2yrs and the bigger battery for €3k. You’d need to find a fool to overpay for the 141 and another fool to undersell the 161! :)
    Anything’s possible I suppose.

10k is high. I’d say 7-8k would have been more like it.

NIMAN wrote:
    Just curious as to what mine might fetch.
    What do you reckon?

Specs - Mileage, trim, charger, service, owners, tyres, exterior condition, cables?

These folks also do battery upgrades.

Pricelist
    24kWh->24kWh, 3000€
    24kWh->30kWh, 5500€
    24kWh->40kWh, ~7500€
    30kWh->40kWh, ~4500€ (Not performed yet!)
    24kWh->62kWh, ~12000€ (Not performed yet!)
    30kWh->62kWh, ~9000€ (Not performed yet!)

Sadly, they're in Finland :(

deadduck wrote:
    Ah nuts. My 152 had its first NCT a few weeks back, and I think the rear slip allowance is +/- 20%. My result was 19

Sorry to bring the old topic back. But as I'm selling the Leaf I had to check the NCT results.
    Both front and rear axle are exactly at 0% on the report - axle problem not present :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

These folks also do battery upgrades.

Pricelist
    24kWh->24kWh, 3000€
    24kWh->30kWh, 5500€
    24kWh->40kWh, ~7500€
    30kWh->40kWh, ~4500€ (Not performed yet!)
    24kWh->62kWh, ~12000€ (Not performed yet!)
    30kWh->62kWh, ~9000€ (Not performed yet!)

Sadly, they're in Finland :(

Must say, that sounds like a great idea. I have my 24kWh 2015 Acenta 2 weeks now, and I'm struck by the smartness of the on-board electronics, and it's just limited by the range...
    Any ferries to get as far as the Netherlands, and then get to Finland! Although Vaasa is right up the way...maybe you can get your car on one of the car shipping train cars. Visit Kokkola

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭samih

Muxsan, whose technology Dala are reselling, are somewhere in Holland. That's much easier destination to reach (ferry to Cherbourg and drive from there). Search muxsan in youtube for details.

I'm currently thinking that I'll probably hold on our L40 long term and will get a battery pack upgrade to when it's time to replace the battery. It makes a lot of sense. If the upgrade path had existed last spring I would have probably gotten a Muxsan extender pack for the old L24 instead of trading up to L40.

samih wrote: »
    Muxsan, whose technology Dala are reselling, are somewhere in Holland. That's much easier destination to reach (ferry to Cherbourg and drive from there). Search muxsan in youtube for details.

I'm currently thinking that I'll probably hold on our L40 long term and will get a battery pack upgrade to when it's time to replace the battery. It makes a lot of sense. If the upgrade path had existed last spring I would have probably gotten a Muxsan extender pack for the old L24 instead of trading up to L40.

Yep I know these two folks work together. Dala is using Muxsan gizmos. The Leaf modding community is fairly small. Another company in NZ and one more UK and that;s it.

Edit: And Phoenix fella in the US. There may be few in the US. In Europe it's Indra (UK), Dala (FI), Muxsan (NL) and some folks in France, don't know their name.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭BigAl81

Hi,

Anyone with a Leaf 62 care to share what range they're getting this weather?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭Firblog

Anyone else get a letter from Nissan about a possible fault with earth plates, have to bring in for a check up. 152 24 sve

• Advertisement

Firblog wrote: »
    Anyone else get a letter from Nissan about a possible fault with earth plates, have to bring in for a check up. 152 24 sve

yep, think most people here have.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭jasonb

Firblog wrote: »

Yep, got that as well, I've a 151 24. Gonna ring them today to see how 'urgent' it is, or if it can be done when I get my Service done in February. It sounds like the only potential issue would be a risk of electric shock while the car is being serviced, so it's not like it's going to stop in the middle of the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭loopymum

I just bought a 151 recently and I'm registered with Carwings and my address is on there, would they write to me?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭jprboy

loopymum wrote: »
    I just bought a 151 recently and I'm registered with Carwings and my address is on there, would they write to me?

It appears that they use data from the Vehicle Registration Unit in Shannon.

I sold my Leaf last July but received the recall letter 2 days ago. I had sent the Vehicle Reg Cert with the new owner's details to Shannon the day I sold it so was worried that maybe it had got lost in transit.

I rang the VRU in Shannon and got confirmation that I was a showing on the database as a previous owner.

So, it appears that Nissan are using old data for these letters.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭jasonb

Interesting, I only bought mine about a year ago, and I got the recall letter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

Yeah, had my 142 checked last week. All good.

Looking out the window here an snowing, making me think........what is the leaf like in cold temps, like snow, frost and about -3 or so. Not talking about range - just the. ability to start it on a cold morning, any issues?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭jprboy

Looking out the window here an snowing, making me think........what is the leaf like in cold temps, like snow, frost and about -3 or so. Not talking about range - just the. ability to start it on a cold morning, any issues?

Not a single issue in the 4 years I had mine.

It seems the reversing camera on my Leaf is constantly dirty (to the point you cant see from it) despite wiping it every few days...is this a normal problem?
    Also seems that the boot is getting dirtier than the rest of the car....and right up into the opening mechanism too. Is this the norm?

• Advertisement

TheTorment wrote: »
    It seems the reversing camera on my Leaf is constantly dirty (to the point you cant see from it) despite wiping it every few days...is this a normal problem?
    Also seems that the boot is getting dirtier than the rest of the car....and right up into the opening mechanism too. Is this the norm?

Yes, it’s unfortunately normal. Mainly useless during winter. I often now have the habit of giving it a quick wipe when hopping in.

VW have the right idea, they put the camera into the VW badge and when you put it into reverse the badge flicks out to expose the camera. So it’s always dry/clean even after a long journey.

Advertisement