Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Nissan Leaf

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭kennethsmyth

jprboy wrote: »
    Not a single issue in the 4 years I had mine.

Yep you’ll have no problems with starting unless you have a low 12v.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

the. ability to start it on a cold morning, any issues?

Couple of strong lads with a good push - pre-warm the glow-plugs, pop the clutch, should get her going :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,598 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Has this ever happened to any leaf24 owners before?

I usually set the car to start charging at 00:10, and to charge to full.

This morning I couldn't get a response from the app to tell me if it was charged or not, so when I went to the garage to check it, the blue lights were flashing, so it was only charging now. Since it couldn't be still charging from midnight, I am assuming it only started charging.

Was it started by me searching on the app? The charge was still quite low, so it definitely wasn't charging for any length of time.

Edit: nothing untoward seemed to happen during the night. No power cuts or anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭cruizer101

Just wanted to check the difference between SV/Acenta and SVE/Tekna models.
    Heated Seats, Steering and Wing mirrors (included in optional cold pack in SV), 360 camera, leather seats, BOSE Sound system and LED headlights.
    Is there anything else I'm missing?
    Also do the 30kwh models come with 6.6kw charger as standard or is it an option.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭jasonb

I think the SVE/Tekna comes with bigger wheels too? Maybe 17" compared to 16" (or 16" compared to 15"). Have heard the BOSE system isn't great, but haven't experienced it myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,989 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

jasonb wrote: »
    I think the SVE/Tekna comes with bigger wheels too? Maybe 17" compared to 16" (or 16" compared to 15"). Have heard the BOSE system isn't great, but haven't experienced it myself.

Yup. SVE comes with 17

I liked the sound system, but it wasnt as good as other bose systems

3.3kW was standard on 30kWh , 6.6 was a paid option

• Registered Users Posts: 12,119 ✭✭✭✭KCross

cruizer101 wrote: »
    LED headlights.

Just to clarify, its LED dipped beam only. The full beam are still halogen on the SVE.

And the heated seats are in the back as well which is rare enough in most cars at that end of the market.

And as others said, the 17" wheels, which are arguably nicer to look at, but have the downsides of a slightly harsher ride, slightly lower efficiency and a good bit more expensive to replace tyres than the 16".

KCross wrote: »
    Just to clarify, its LED dipped beam only. The full beam are still halogen on the SVE.

And the heated seats are in the back as well which is rare enough in most cars at that end of the market.

And as others said, the 17" wheels, which are arguably nicer to look at, but have the downsides of a slightly harsher ride, slightly lower efficiency and a good bit more expensive to replace tyres than the 16".
    If you use the reccomended brand and spec, yes
    However I replaced 2 tires on the back of mine with chinese ones for 90 quid for two!
    They had done well over 80k km at that point so I got value for money out of the originals!

ELM327 wrote: »
    If you use the reccomended brand and spec, yes
    However I replaced 2 tires on the back of mine with chinese ones for 90 quid for two!
    They had done well over 80k km at that point so I got value for money out of the originals!

Not really, I've never bought the originals. Always bought the tyres I wanted. Like for like the 17" is nearly always much more expensive than the 16" as the 17" is an odd size.... 215/55. The 16" version is a much more popular size so is cheaper.

You can, of course, buy cheap 17" ones but they call those ditch finders for a reason! :)

As one example here is a like for like Pirelli example
    €60 https://www.tyreleader.ie/car-tyres/pirelli/cinturato-p7/205-55-r16-91v-741014
    €85 https://www.tyreleader.ie/car-tyres/pirelli/cinturato-p7/215-55-r17-94v-661645

Thats €100 more on a set of tyres just to go from 16" to 17". Similar results for Bridgestone etc

Not really, I've never bought the originals. Always bought the tyres I wanted. Like for like the 17" is nearly always much more expensive than the 16" as the 17" is an odd size.... 215/55. The 16" version is a much more popular size so is cheaper.

You can, of course, buy cheap 17" ones but they call those ditch finders for a reason! :)

€60 https://www.tyreleader.ie/car-tyres/pirelli/cinturato-p7/205-55-r16-91v-741014
    €85 https://www.tyreleader.ie/car-tyres/pirelli/cinturato-p7/215-55-r17-94v-661645

Thats €100 more on a set of tyres just to go from 16" to 17". Similar results for Bridgestone etc

I'm nearly sure the SVE/Tekna is 215/50/R17 not 55. Not too expensive online.

• Advertisement

I'm nearly sure the SVE/Tekna is 215/50/R17 not 55. Not too expensive online.

I think you are correct, they are 215/50. They are more expensive! ;)

€100 https://www.tyreleader.ie/car-tyres/pirelli/cinturato-p7/215-50-r17-91w-765005

I think you are correct, they are 215/50. They are more expensive! ;)

€100 https://www.tyreleader.ie/car-tyres/pirelli/cinturato-p7/215-50-r17-91w-765005

I'll be honest I only go for top end tyres so its always expensive! But they seem to last good on the leaf even with the extra weight. I've Nokian Weatherproofs on now and will probably just leave them on.

Considering I managed to get 100k km out of 2 tyres on the leaf, I like value for money. It isnt a performance car so the cheaper the better. :D

Considering I managed to get 100k km out of 2 tyres on the leaf, I like value for money. It isnt a performance car so the cheaper the better. :D

As they say its not the performance but the stopping thats important! However with the leaf its the grip on starting thats needed also.

As ken says, it’s stopping in a hurry is the important bit, not how durable and long wearing the rubber is!

I hope that Model S came with good tyres!

As a matter of interest what size tyres are on the Model S and how much to replace?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,723 ✭✭✭creedp

While cost is important of course anything that improves the Leaf's efficiency is to be coveted!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,446 ✭✭✭McGiver

My AA rated Continental tyres increased the range by 8% or so.

As ken says, it’s stopping in a hurry is the important bit, not how durable and long wearing the rubber is!

I hope that Model S came with good tyres!

As a matter of interest what size tyres are on the Model S and how much to replace?
    It's running on michelin 19's, and the performance of them is superb. Road holding, grip, is phenomenal. I'd be tempted to replace like for like but I don't know the cost yet.

In the leaf I noticed no difference between the bridgestone eco tyres that were on it, and the chingaling tires I replaced them with.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭loopymum

McGiver wrote: »

That's a great increase, I will have to check those out when it comes time to replace mine, was that on a leaf?

What were you comparing them to, to come to your 8% figure?

I cant say I've seen much difference in efficiency across 6 different brands of tyres on my Leaf...

I've had
    - the Michelin originals
    - Dunlop Blu Response
    - Goodyear Efficiency Grip Performance
    - Bridgestone Turanza T001
    - Vredestein Ultrac Satin
    - Uniroyal Rainsport 3

They were all A/B rated tyres so I guess there isnt much difference in that case.

I'm just as happy with the last two sets I put on and they were cheaper than the premium brands.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

How have you gone so many different tyres on the one car? (I'm assuming its one car). Massive mileage?

beauf wrote: »
    How have you gone so many different tyres on the one car? (I'm assuming its one car). Massive mileage?

Yes, one car.

I get about 20k km on a pair of front tyres and I've 100k+ done.

20k is on the low side . Unless they were super soft or winter tyres depending on driving style.
    I would have assumed that tyres for lower resistance would actually be harder and last longer.

Just curious.

beauf wrote: »
    20k is on the low side . Unless they were super soft or winter tyres depending on driving style.
    I would have assumed that tyres for lower resistance would actually be harder and last longer.

Just curious.

My dunlop enasave ec300's that came with the L40 were changed at 40k but there was still I'd say 5k left or so and I don't hang about. To be changing front tyres at 20k on a leaf you must never be rotating?

My dunlop enasave ec300's that came with the L40 were changed at 40k but there was still I'd say 5k left or so and I don't hang about. To be changing front tyres at 20k on a leaf you must never be rotating?

No, I dont rotate.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,723 ✭✭✭creedp

Compared to what tyre?

I've had Michelin Energy, Nexen Blue and most recently Nokian eline 2 on the L30 and didn't notice any significant range variation for either tyre. However only got 24k kms on the front pair of Nokian so thinking of going back to Michelins again next time

Currently running Nokian WR D4 winter tyres and the range may have suffered slightly although difficult to attribute fully to tyres given the colder temperatures since tyres were put on.

KCross wrote:
    What were you comparing them to, to come to your 8% figure?
    Had C/D rated tyres, and 4 odd ones as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

Had C/D rated tyres, and 4 odd ones as well!

Nice to see the labels make sense!

Did you buy it 4 odd tyres or how did that happen?

• Advertisement

beauf wrote:
    Did you buy it 4 odd tyres or how did that happen?

Yep...

Advertisement