Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Nissan Leaf

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭Zenith74

All variants of the Leaf to come down by ~€2000 apparently - https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/nissan-reduces-leaf-pricing-and-adds-more-standard-kit

Explaining the price drop, Nissan cited “economies of scale” made possible by increased production allocation for the Leaf at its Sunderland plant. It added that the cut “puts the Leaf in the heart of its rivals in terms of price point and makes it much more competitive”.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,446 ✭✭✭McGiver

Zenith74 wrote:
    All variants of the Leaf to come down by ~€2000 apparently -
    Until they equip it with CCS, 7.4kW charger (or better 11 kW) and most importantly liquid cooled battery, it's pointless.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

McGiver wrote: »
    Until they equip it with CCS, 7.4kW charger (or better 11 kW) and most importantly liquid cooled battery, it's pointless.

You're basically asking for one of the triplets then & they are all €40k.
    A 40kWh Leaf at €26k would be a serious bargain & suit many, many prospective EV drivers.

Far easier raise €26/27k than €40k, especially if the Leaf covers 90% plus of one's driving & is charged at home 99% of the time.

Kramer wrote:
    Far easier raise €26/27k than €40k, especially if the Leaf covers 90% plus of one's driving & is charged at home 99% of the time.

Oh yes, but apart from at least twice as much degradation compared to other modern EVs. It must have active cooling at this stage, there's no excuse for this. Slower AC and chademo are secondary. But how come Renault can do it relatively cheap?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Soarer

Zenith74 wrote: »
    All variants of the Leaf to come down by ~€2000 apparently - https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/nissan-reduces-leaf-pricing-and-adds-more-standard-kit

Explaining the price drop, Nissan cited “economies of scale” made possible by increased production allocation for the Leaf at its Sunderland plant. It added that the cut “puts the Leaf in the heart of its rivals in terms of price point and makes it much more competitive”.

Looking at the price and spec of the ID3, they’d want to be dropping it by a lot more than €2k.

• Advertisement

Soarer wrote:
    Looking at the price and spec of the ID3, they’d want to be dropping it by a lot more than €2k.
    They won't be able to compete if they don't change something...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,119 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Nissan have 12 months before ID.3 starts hurting them. A few hundred 1st editions won’t matter in the grand scheme of things.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭tom_tarbucket

Heading away for 3/4 days over Christmas and the leaf 24 will be getting a well deserved rest.

What percentage battery should I leave it at? Or does it even matter when only 3/4 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭peposhi

Heading away for 3/4 days over Christmas and the leaf 24 will be getting a well deserved rest.

What percentage battery should I leave it at? Or does it even matter when only 3/4 days.

2-4% less, nothing more...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭tom_tarbucket

peposhi wrote: »

Ye wha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭jprboy

Ye wha

When I had the Leaf 24 I generally left it anywhere between 30 & 50% but that would be when going away for 2 weeks.

peposhi has answered a different question i.e. how much less of a battery percentage will be displaying when I return after 3-4 days? The most I ever lost after 2 weeks in high summer was 2-3%.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭jasonb

I've a 151 L24. Any idea how to update the Sat Nav with more recent maps?

jasonb wrote: »
    I've a 151 L24. Any idea how to update the Sat Nav with more recent maps?

I don’t think you can. I don’t think there are any updates from the dealers either.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭handofdog

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭AhHaor

3/4 days won't matter. But I recall reading 60-80% is where to leave it if leaving for a long time.

KCross wrote:
    I don’t think you can. I don’t think there are any updates from the dealers either.

There is one but it's not the latest. And costs 300 quid or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭peposhi

There was a lad on Adverts who was doing it for like €80...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

Zenith74 wrote: »

Price here only recently went up with the upgrade to a larger screen :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

There was a lad on Adverts who was doing it for like €80...

No doubt bootlegs, and found a way to program in your serial number etc.
    Shocking stuff. So I can avoid this chancer, would you have a link to him, to put in my blacklist?

McGiver wrote: »
    There is one but it's not the latest. And costs 300 quid or something.

I think I read somewhere that the last update was from 2016 or something and not that much different.

If anyone has had it done it would be good to see what revision/version number is on the map.

• Advertisement

My own little workhorse will be going up for sale in the next week or two I'd say.

Will be looking for around €4k I'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭jasonb

handofdog wrote: »

Yep, looks like the latest version (according to that link) is 2018, and it's €209 + €15 delivery! Not cheap at all...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭kennethsmyth

jasonb wrote: »
    Yep, looks like the latest version (according to that link) is 2018, and it's €209 + €15 delivery! Not cheap at all...

Emm.. when i ran it the cost was 120eur plus 15eur shiping.:rolleyes:

Emm.. when i ran it the cost was 120eur plus 15eur shiping.:rolleyes:

That appears to be for the new model Leaf. The old model is €209. Ridiculous and apparently its a crap update anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭loopymum

Recommendations please for obd for my 15 Reg leaf. I have an elm which said get the 1.5 version which I bought from amazon https://www.amazon.co.uk/ELM327-Bluetooth-PIC1825K80-Diagnostic-ELM/dp/B06XD2LBH3/ref=redir_mobile_desktop?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&ref_=ppx_yo_mob_b_track_package_o0_img

It isnt connecting properly and seems stuck

• Registered Users Posts: 5,723 ✭✭✭creedp

loopymum wrote: »
    Recommendations please for obd for my 15 Reg leaf. I have an elm which said get the 1.5 version which I bought from amazon https://www.amazon.co.uk/ELM327-Bluetooth-PIC1825K80-Diagnostic-ELM/dp/B06XD2LBH3/ref=redir_mobile_desktop?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&rezf_=ppx_yo_mob_b_track_package_o0_img

It isnt connecting properly and seems stuck

Is this a common problem with the Leaf? I have a vgate icar2 obd reader that worked perfectly for almost a year until I changed my phone and it hasn't worked since?

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭AhHaor

Those dongles never worked well for me on either an ICE or EV. This is the one I found the best

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32774201469.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.27424c4dOZuukm

I have the wifi one, and it's a bit annoying that when I'm streaming off the phone I've to switch to saved music. Otherwise it works great. Get an extender cable if you think you'll be using it a bit. The OBD is in a terrible place on the leafs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭kennethsmyth

This is the one I use on my L40 and no issues whatsoever with leafspy, connects automatically.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0755N61PW/ref=pe_3187911_185740111_TE_item

Note i leave it on permanently on the obd port.

Unclick the cover of the obd port.
    Plug in reader.
    Then you have access to the side of the obd port to unclick it from its surroundings.
    This allows you to push the port in slightly and put the cover back on - fully hidding the reader.
    Dont put cover back on until you are sure you have full connection.

Mine connects every time and i have only had to unplug / plug in the reader once in 6 months.

I have a 2017 Leaf 30. The warranty is due to expire on the second week in January.
    I've read on this forum about end of warranty checks for i3.
    Does this apply to Leafs too?

Is there a way of getting it a once over to make sure all is good and have work done if needed before the warranty expires?

• Advertisement

This is my dongle (ooo matron!).

Carista on Amazon

Bluetooth.
    Never had an issue with either Android or iOS.

Absolute Godsend of a yoke.

Advertisement