Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Nissan Leaf

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,119 ✭✭✭✭KCross

TheTorment wrote: »
    "The service cannot be reached. Please try again or contact Nissan."

I can log into the website no problem

I aldo cant log into the My Leaf app

And you are using the same login on the app as always? I think the app takes the short username and the website takes the full email address so it needs to be the right one.

And maybe also try picking a different country in the list like japan or uk so that it tries a different server.

Obvious one, but did you restart the app?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,771 ✭✭✭✭JPA

That'll happen 40% of the time for me.
    You've tried restarting phone, reinstalling app etc?

JPA wrote: »
    That'll happen 40% of the time for me.
    You've tried restarting phone, reinstalling app etc?

yep tried all that...no joy

KCross wrote: »
    And you are using the same login on the app as always? I think the app takes the short username and the website takes the full email address so it needs to be the right one.

And maybe also try picking a different country in the list like japan or uk so that it tries a different server.

Obvious one, but did you restart the app?

Tried all this but no joy

Is there a subscription for rhis? I bought the car used...its 171 would the sub have expired or something?

I contacted Nissan

I wont hold my breath seeing as it took 5 weeks, 17 emails, 6 Tweets and 2 phone calls to deregister the previous owner and register me as the new owner.

Ill post back in case anyone else experinces the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭jasonb

Whatever it doesn't work for me I just turn off Wifi on the phone and use 4G instead. For some reason that seems to work!

jasonb wrote: »
    Whatever it doesn't work for me I just turn off Wifi on the phone and use 4G instead. For some reason that seems to work!

nope...thanks anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,598 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Mine working fine the last few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭loopymum

Mine is working fine, I must have gotten lucky as it wasn't too painful to get the old owner deregistered and me put on

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Northumberland

I had same problems, and managed to contact Nissan, with considerable difficulty, who took days to respond, but finally sent me a long and complicated email - saying somewhere - i think, that they had modfied their software, new version and that I had to reset my password. All seemed such a hassle, I have not bothered trying to sort that out again. Those things are supposed to help you, not take up half a day of your time!

• Advertisement

I had same problems, and managed to contact Nissan, with considerable difficulty, who took days to respond, but finally sent me a long and complicated email - saying somewhere - i think, that they had modfied their software, new version and that I had to reset my password. All seemed such a hassle, I have not bothered trying to sort that out again. Those things are supposed to help you, not take up half a day of your time!

I persisited with it...resulting in 5 weeks of to and fro-ing. Hopefully it wont be as bad this time.

Tried all this but no joy

Is there a subscription for rhis? I bought the car used...its 171 would the sub have expired or something?

There is a subscription but it is free, might need to be renewed.

Were you speaking with Nissan UK?

JPA wrote: »
    There is a subscription but it is free, might need to be renewed.

Were you speaking with Nissan UK?

They havent replied to my email yet

They havent replied to my email yet

You need to ring Nissan UK if you haven't already, 03301231231

• Registered Users Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭Celticfire

I had this problem also. I resolved it by logging on to Nissan connect on a computer and renewed subscription (free). Working fine now.

Celticfire wrote: »
    I had this problem also. I resolved it by logging on to Nissan connect on a computer and renewed subscription (free). Working fine now.

Ive been trying that since last night.

Logging in here https://ie.nissanconnect.eu and trying sub for 1 year and 3 years

I get this error message:
    THERE WAS AN ERROR PROCESSING YOUR REQUEST. PLEASE TRY AGAIN LATER.

Some advice please..

My 17 reg Leaf 30 is booked in for a service with a Nissan dealership in a couple of weeks.

The last service in the book was marked as Major one.

What am I to expect to be done?

The girl on the phone said the cost would be "from €140 with extras if required".

Is this the going rate?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,598 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

A 'major' service in a Leaf isn't really that much.
    Especially as your last one was done on a 12 month old car, so all the brakes, pads, filters,tyres etc were still probably fine.

At 2 years old, maybe now some filters, fluid levels, brakes etc will need checked again, but again probably nothing really significant.

I was quoted €80 for a 5yr old Leaf at a Nissan dealer last year.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭tom_tarbucket

The rear axle being a bit out meaning a failed NCT. the quick fix for this is a shim kit. Can any mechanics do this? Or does it have to be a main Nissan dealer??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Orebro

I'd wait until you do the NCT - some of them are fine and pass like mine did with no issue.

• Advertisement

Orebro wrote: »
    I'd wait until you do the NCT - some of them are fine and pass like mine did with no issue.

did it pass fine on first NCT fine? and then gave a reading indicating rear axle wear could be an issue in the future.

if so, did it pass the next NCT ok?

Some advice please..

My 17 reg Leaf 30 is booked in for a service with a Nissan dealership in a couple of weeks.

The last service in the book was marked as Major one.

What am I to expect to be done?

The girl on the phone said the cost would be "from €140 with extras if required".

Is this the going rate?

The major service includes a brake fluid change which is to be done every 2 yrs I think. That means you just need the minor service now which is just a visual inspection. You should get it cheaper than €140 but you might have to travel to get it cheaper which might not be worth it. Ring around.

The minor service is a scam really but you need it to maintain your warranty and goodwill with Nissan in case something goes wrong.

The rear axle being a bit out meaning a failed NCT. the quick fix for this is a shim kit. Can any mechanics do this? Or does it have to be a main Nissan dealer??

Any mechanic should be able to do it. Its a purely mechanical thing, nothing at all EV specific about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭ltd440

Hi all,
    Our 2015 leaf has developed a damp smell recently and occasionally drops of water coming from the passenger sun visor, it was in with nissan recently for a free check and we asked them to take a look at it.
    They said it was nothing obvious and if we wanted it examined further it would involve taking the interior roof cover down and start getting pricey.
    I just noticed now that rear light clusters are about 4 inches full of water.
    Is this a known issue?
    Any suggestions welcome

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

ltd440 wrote: »
    Hi all,
    Our 2015 leaf has developed a damp smell recently and occasionally drops of water coming from the passenger sun visor, it was in with nissan recently for a free check and we asked them to take a look at it.
    They said it was nothing obvious and if we wanted it examined further it would involve taking the interior roof cover down and start getting pricey.
    Is this a known issue?
    Any suggestions welcome

leak entering via the radio antenna?

Thanks Dardania,
    That was the first thought of the main dealers. But they ran a pressure washer over it for a bit and didn't notice anything afterwards, I'll probably bring it back to nissan after the weekend

ltd440 wrote: »
    Hi all,
    Is this a known issue?
    Any suggestions welcome

I have heard of a few leaks on the A pillar on the Leaf but usually related to windscreen replacements. Did you replace the windscreen in the last 1-2 yrs?

In regard to the timer override button on a gen 1.5 leaf as in the attached pic.

It does not seem to give a visual indication or click etc when pressed so it’s hard to know if it’s on or off.

At what point in time do you press it - when the car is turned or off etc. Or just after you plug it in etc

In regard to the timer override button on a gen 1.5 leaf as in the attached pic.

It does not seem to give a visual indication or click etc when pressed so it’s hard to know if it’s on or off.

At what point in time do you press it - when the car is turned or off etc. Or just after you plug it in etc

Press it when you turn the car off. The middle blue light by the windscreen will turn on to indicate the override is active. Then plug it in.

KCross wrote: »
    I have heard of a few leaks on the A pillar on the Leaf but usually related to windscreen replacements. Did you replace the windscreen in the last 1-2 yrs?

We haven't replaced the windscreen, but we only have the car 11 months,
    Who knows if it was replaced before we bought it,it's definitely something to consider
    Thanks

• Advertisement

2014 leaf.

I find in this weather that selecting ‘Auto’ on the climate control is not very good - does not seem to know what to do and windows just remain fogged up etc. Seems to blast air at feet or whatever when in fact, it is needed on the windscreen. Maybe I have the wrong idea of “auto” but I think it’s supposed to adapt to the conditions in the car and do the right thing etc.

I just press the front defroster button, let it do its thing for a about minute, then I put fan speed down to 1 and heat at 20 and this keeps windows clear. I notice when I press this that “heat” and “A/C” come on. I need the heat but do I need the A/C also.

How do ye do it in the winter period?

Advertisement