Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgraded iPhone related query

• 31-07-2015 12:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone knows some information about upgrades with Vodafone. My mum upgraded and got a iPhone 5S but didn't want the hassle of learning how to work a new phone, so she gave it me. But the issue is that I'm with 3. Does anyone know how you go about getting a sim to fit the 5S while keeping the same number?

I had a look at Vodafone's websites and coincidentally, they were offering free sims (to fit the phone I have) with €10 registration credit so I ordered one anyways. If I put that one in will it work?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

You can get a SIM cutter, or if you go into a 3 shop they might be able to cut it for you.

The bigger problem is that the 5S is probably locked to Vodafone and will need unlocked to work on 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Wrecktangle

If that one is locked to Vodafone would I be able to just put a new sim into it? I'm actually not too fussed about keeping the same number as I got this one after travelling and barely using it anyways :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

It will more than likely only take Vodafone sims. Anyone with a Vodafone account can get it unlocked though.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Wrecktangle

Ok, thanks for the help :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

As you suggested you can get a Vodafone sim and keep your number, just visit a VF shop and they can help you out. If you want to use it with another network like the one you're with just get it unlocked. It's a good idea to do this anyway as it easier to sell if you ever want to and it's free anyway. Just complete this form: https://nac.vodafone.ie

• Advertisement
Advertisement